User script that allows the labels column in Gmail to be resized
Allows the labels column (left panel) in Gmail to be resized.
- (2021-06-27) Peter Ramirez: Sometimes it works, often it doesn't. And since this extension only has one job that's...not great,
- (2021-06-11) Steph B: Used to work perfectly, but now doesn't function at all with the new update unfortunately. I wish Google would just implement this feature natively.
- (2021-03-03) Brett Tague: Useless...no longer works - at all
- (2021-03-01) Maxine Gerber: This used to work perfectly. Suddenly, a couple of weeks ago, it stopped working. I tried removing the extension and adding it back, but that didn't help. Please fix it and I'll update my review!
- (2020-12-19) John Hossbach: Doesn't work at all. Used to, but Gmail changed and now it doesn't work.
- (2020-12-04) Christopher Franz: It stopped working and I can no longer resize columns. I can no longer add sub-labels or do much with labels, as I can't resize the column to get to the 3 dots for the options. I tried re-installing etc, updating the browser etc. The extension is enabled won't work. There's no resize bar anymore. Sigh sigh sigh
- (2020-10-23) Ilias Balasis: This has been good enough for me. To be honest it is the only solution that has actually worked. However, it seems that every time Google is making changes to GMail UI the resizer breaks. It happened again just today, the resized slider is now gone and I rely so much on it as I am classifying my work using a deep tree of "labels".
- (2020-10-06) Erica Benavides: Doesn't work
- (2020-07-13) Sharon Webb: The extension only allowed the Labels column to expand instead of making it more narrow, and does not resize any of the other columns. After awhile, it stopped working altogether.
- (2020-04-02) Tobias Wünscher: Only allows me to make the label column wider. That is exactly what I do not want to do. I want to make it narrower!! The extension has zero use for me.
- (2020-02-10) David Jaramillo: This extension doesn't work anymore.
- (2020-01-23) Fernando Sanz: It doesn't do anything at all. I can see the dotted line, and I can move it around, but the side panel doesn't change at all. Completely useless.
- (2020-01-22) Dennis Groeneveld: Werkt niet....De streepjes lijn komt wel in beeld. Die kan je verplaatsen maar de de kolom breedte blijft hetzelfde....
- (2020-01-21) Jenny L: You have to reload the gmail after adding it. Love it!
- (2020-01-13) Guillaume NGUYEN: This extension doesn't work anymore. You can grab the resising bar but it doesn't change the interface. I currently use the extension "VetTools New Gmail Resizer" that work fine with the current Gmail Interface for this functionality. Hope this help.
- (2019-12-17) Glenn Beaudoin: I have installed and I am still unable to resize the label column.
- (2019-11-22) allowing only the enlargement of the bar, impossible to decrease the size below the default size.
- (2019-10-15) Ed Kotlan: Just what I was looking for...I have lots of sublabels, and couldn't see enough of the text to know which sublabel I was navigating to!
- (2019-08-02) Kurt Anderson: Slammed my labels column SHUT...and won't slide open! Really? I read a lot of the reviews, tried resetting the zoom to 100 as suggested, nothing worked. This add-on not only didn't do what I expected, but seriously interfered with functionality. Worse than useless. Had to disable.
- (2019-06-06) Michael Scollay: Nice job indeed and it allowed me to see all of text on the left. However, it would be great if other columns could be resized as well
- (2019-05-15) Anthony Intino: Downloaded this addon because I wanted to make the sidebar smaller. Unfortunately this only lets you make it bigger.
- (2019-03-21) Jeannette Darcy: I wish oh wish this would have worked! I resized my view to 100% but that didn't help. I really hate that Gmail vertical split columns are too wide and not responsive to screen size, and I thought at last I had found a fix. I'm on a Macbook laptop, so maybe it only works for Windows?
- (2019-03-18) Nor Ger: Funktioniert mit neuer Gmail-Optik nicht mehr.
- (2019-03-01) Ricardo Borges: Don't work with new gmail
- (2019-02-17) Kamil Vašica: This would bre great extension but it does not work. Does not resize. Maybe it needs to be revisited after google gmail apearance changes.
- (2019-01-18) Ryan Fick: Thank you for updating this extension to work with the new format!
- (2018-12-26) Bradson Goldie: "Hate" is a strong word. But right now this extension only allows me to make the sidebar LARGER, when (of course) I want to make it smaller. If this gets fixed, I'll gladly revisit my score.
- (2018-10-22) Ηλίας Μπαλάσης: Unfortunately this has stopped working with the new (forced) GMail style Any thoughts? anyone?
- (2018-09-21) justaguy123_: THIS EXTENSION SUCKS. GMAIL, YOU ARE LIGHT YEARS BEHIND OUTLOOK AND OTHER EMAIL SOFTWARES. FOR A TECH COMPANY, THIS IS EMBARASSING THAT YOU ARE SO BAD AT EMAIL. FIGURE IT OUT.
- (2018-09-21) Jason Diamond: Have used this for YEARS but not working on my MAC gmail at the moment.. Disappointing becuase Google doesn't provide this simple required task and everytime they update it must cause trouble for this extension.
- (2018-09-20) Chris Smith: Works perfect for the old Gmail interface. Would love to use in with the new
- (2018-09-04) Shelly Briscoe: Does not work. I have Windows 7. The line slides over but column stays the same.
- (2018-06-22) Daniel R: I'd be amazing to make a version for Inbox by Google too!
- (2018-05-29) Leonardo Barbosa: Doesn't work with the new Gmail UI
- (2018-05-07) Lane Babuder: This utility works great, however it needs to be updated to work with the new GMail interface, as it does not at this moment!
- (2018-02-15) Michael Shemtoub: amazeballs
- (2018-02-12) Mari Ann Lisenbe: Very thankful that this extension exists. Without it, Google gmail is worthless to me since I like to store things in sub-labeled folders. Yeah, it's a little quirky, and has to be resized occasionally. BUT, this functionality should be native to gmail, and not even require an extension.
- (2018-01-29) Arco Witter: Great idea, however... The column can be resized, but the information to the right of the splitter is gone. So this extension is useless. Please fix!
- (2018-01-24) Rob Reinking: It does not work everyday. I have to refresh it and restart gmail
- (2018-01-18) Steven Gliebe: It worked. Nice drag bar.
- (2017-12-08) Doc Colour: Yes! Perfect! Greatly appreciated! :)
- (2017-12-07) Thank you for this very useful little tweak. It is unbelievable that Google still has not added this setting. Could you also create this tweak for google Inbox ? Labels are simply useless because unreadable.It is the only reason why i do not use Inbox. Tx again.
- (2021-06-04, v:1.3.1) Melissa Durbin: You are my problem ..but ok I will see you soon
You keep saying stupid things you make up that only make sense to your being . I'm not your friend not your enemy I don't even remember you really it's a blur. Sorry for the blunt but Nessessary information. So long tool# 12
- (2021-05-13, v:1.3.1) Keith A Brauer: Resizer not working
I see many people with the same issue, and no response from the developer. Useless
- (2021-03-25, v:1.3.1) John Elliott: stopped working - no support - so ditched it
Mine stopped working so have replaced by the following:- "Resize Gmail Sidebar by cloudHQ" available from the chrome webstore:- https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/resize-gmail-sidebar-by-c/gohhgccbnglklfholnklomdkgclbodph
- (2021-03-03, v:1.3.1) Paul Spinner: Not working anymore - will you fix?
When you try to drag the mail over to the label all labels go blank
- (2021-02-28, v:1.3.1) Terry Jackson: Not working the last few weeks
Hi, I've tried updating the extension, Chrome is up to date. It has stopped working.
- (2021-02-24, v:1.3.1) Shannon H Jameson: GMail Column Resizer No Longer works
The Chrome extension GMail Label Column Resizer (Jun Cai) stopped working. This is a user script that allows the labels column in Gmail to be resized. Removed and reinstalled. Also reset the Gmail account to original defaults and logged back in. It shows pinned and active on the bar; however, it isn't active or work. The developer [email protected] doesn't appear to be responding. Support may no longer be available since the last update is 2018.
- (2021-02-22, v:1.3.1) Michael (MIKE) Palmieri III: Column resizer not working
Column resizer not working
- (2021-02-22, v:1.3.1) Claudia Salicru Fischer: Gmail label column resizer
The company turned off hangouts and since then the Gmail label column resizer doesn't work anymore. What can I do ? Please advise
- (2021-02-20, v:1.3.1) Amir Shahegh: Column resizer not working
Starting yesterday (2/19/21) my column resizer extension has disappeared. Also, when I try to archive an email in my existing folders, the list of folders also disappear. I am not able to manage and archive my inbox now.
- (2021-01-21, v:1.3.1) Craig Casas: User Resizer if Hangout and/or Meeting Area's are Turned Off
When the Hangouts and/or the Meetings area's are turned off the resizer doesn't load. I would like to have the whole vertical space on that size of the interface to see labels, etc.
- (2020-11-24, v:1.3.1) Wendy Walker: Column Resizer Stopped Working
Gmail Label Column Resizer stopped working. Not only can I not resize my columns, but when I try and drag an email to a folder...the whole column of folders cuts off and disappears. Please help.
- (2020-11-21, v:1.3.1) Bob W: Column resizer does not work
Column resizer does not work
- (2020-11-10, v:1.3.1) Saurabh Saluja: Gmail Label
Gmail label column resizer extension is no longer working .When we drag/drop email from inbox into other folders, we have to start from the top of my folder list on the left. If I happen to be scrolled down in the middle and left column shakes and cut off most of the folder list. Any workaround .Thanks
- (2020-11-04, v:1.3.1) Nicole Jimenez: Label Resizing - Not Working
Do you have a timeline when your extension will be fixed? It is not working. -Nicole Jimenez
- (2020-10-30, v:1.3.1) James E Palmer: No longer working on my work version of Gmail
The Gmail Column Resizer stopped working on my work Gmail on 10-23-2020. The column is no longer able to be moved from the Left to show more of the folder/label name and subfolder names. I have removed and re-added multiple times, rebooted several times, logged out/back in several times to Gmail, it appears to work on my personal account still. Using with HP Laptop on Windows 10.
- (2020-10-28, v:1.3.1) Tamir Shwartz: Bug in the resizer
the resizer mark line moved to the left of the labels and when we want to drug an email to a label all the labels disappear. The resizer does not resize the labels colum.
- (2020-08-03, v:1.3.1) Casey Navarre: Plug In No Longer Works after Chat Upgrade
Column resize no longer seems to work after Chat Upgrade on google's end.
- (2020-04-16, v:1.3.1) Alistair Beaton: Label Column Resizer
Just installed the extension. Doesn't work. Desperately needed. Thank you.
- (2020-04-14, v:1.3.1) Wendy Sun: Extension does not work on enterprise work email
the column resizer does not seem to work anymore for my work email but works fine for my personal gmail accounts?
- (2020-04-02, v:1.3.1) Robert Nedohin: Resizer
The column resizer no longer functions. Do you have an update?
- (2020-02-10, v:1.3.1) Michael Menta: Extension Stopped Functioning
It seems that Gmail has updated and that the extension stopped working. Thank you for developing this extension. As others mentioned, it has been vital to making Gmail fully usable. I hope that you will be able to update it to work again. As a free extension that hasn't been updated for about a year, I feel like we can only ask so much. But I would be happy providing a donation to fund regular updates and improved functionality.
- (2020-01-22, v:1.3.1) Maureen Kettle: Gmail Column Resizer - suddenly no longer working 22.01.20
Why has this suddenly stopped working? Won't let me re-enable it - absolute nightmare as can only see a small portion of the label, and need long labels. Help !!!!!
- (2020-01-22, v:1.3.1) Dennis Groeneveld: Column Resizer is not working - WE NEED IT!!
This program doesnt work any more. All looks normal but when I put it on the side than it doesnt move.
- (2019-10-02, v:1.3.1) Tony Nuismer: Wish it worked for Calendars too.
The left-column calendar names could use this too.
- (2019-08-08, v:1.3.1) Dawn Barber: Worked once but quit
Installed, it worked one time. Emails disappeared, I refreshed, now it won't resize.
- (2019-04-03, v:1.3.1) Federico Sermasi: does not work
Good morning. Are you going to solve the problem or not? Thanks for your answer
- (2018-12-10, v:1.2.1) Massimo Manerchia: Measure of left space line
I installed the extension but when I move the line the space remain with the same measure.
- (2018-12-09, v:1.2.1) column resizer not working with new gmail
as column resizer does not work properly with the new gmail & I cannot see all my folders on left pane. Can you tell me if this is going to be rectificed in the near future, & if so, when?
- (2018-12-05, v:1.2.1) Christian Knott: this program doesnt work any more. All looks nirmal but when I put it on the side than it doesnt moove
this program doesnt work any more. All looks nirmal but when I put it on the side than it doesnt moove
- (2018-11-19, v:1.2.1) Remove non functioning app from Store
Given that this no longer works with the 'super new improved' Gmail (sic), I think that this add-on should be removed from the store.
- (2018-11-16, v:1.2.1) Susan Ouellette: Gmail column label resizer doesn't work any longer
What the @#$%?! Can't resize a column? You developers are absolutely useless if you can't provide such basic functionality as part of the basic program. Many of us poor working souls are forced to use gmail because our employers are too cheap to pay for Outlook. Give us a break, pleeeeeeze!
- (2018-11-15, v:1.2.1) Rick Lowrey: Sorry developer...found a replacement
Found a replacement...go to the "Related" button for this product, and click on "VetTools Gmail Label Column Resizer". Works like a charm. I am not the developer of that product, just someone who needed something to fill the gap when this product stopped working.
- (2018-11-14, v:1.2.1) Juan Cruz Aguilar: Gmail label column resizer does not work with the new Gmail UI
The Gmail Label Column Resizer extension works great if you are utilizing the old UI. With the new UI, however, it does not work. You can see the bar that in the old UI is used to drag the column smaller or bigger but when you move it, it does not actually resize it. Hopefully this can be updated to work with the new UI because the old UI will be going away pretty soon. This is a very helpful tool, I hope you are able to make it work with the new UI soon. Thank you
- (2018-11-14, v:1.2.1) Column Resizer is not working
Quando sistemate questo bug???????????