Adds a 'Copy message ID' button to Gmail messages which generates a search term that you can later use to get back to your message.
This extension allows you to easily generate unique search terms for your Gmail messages, so you can find them later. After installation, you will see a 'Copy message ID' item in the menu for each email. When you click the item, a unique search term (based on the email identifier of the message) will be copied to your clipboard. Save that ID somewhere in your notes or wherever the message is relevant (for instance with project documentation, a group chat with other people that got the message or a project invoice) and simply paste it back into the Gmail search bar to quickly find that one message.
- (2022-10-15) Gianfranco A. Málaga Tejada: Muy bueno para obtener y luego registrar de ID de cada mensaje de correo-e, para posterior ubicación (exacta).
- (2021-04-28) Luke Saladyga: Doesn't work anymore. Does not show up as a menu option.
- (2020-09-08) Dante Candelori: Nice to exact search. Just search in the gmail's bar and then copy adress bar. Then paste complete adress into chrome adress bar and you get one link to find mail.
- (2019-06-01) Robert Fleming: Does what it says. Note that "Message ID" in the context of this extension means the value of the "Message-ID" header, defined by RFC 822 and RFC 2822, and described by the Wikipedia article "Message-ID." It does *not* refer to Gmail's internal message ID, as used by the Gmail API or as is visible within the browser URL when viewing a message/thread.
- (2017-09-01) Krista Victorsen: (-1). No support for Google Inbox (+5) Works flawlessly in mail.gmail.com :D
- (2017-02-02) I did know that each email has its own message ID. It rocks especially when you need to find a specific email!
- (2022-10-18, v:1.0.2) Rajath Sripathi Upadhya: Extention not working
Hi Team, The extention is not working any more, triied uninstallling and reinstalling too. Kindly fix it as early as possible
- (2022-10-17, v:1.0.2) Udit Agarwal: Not working
Not working anymore. Please do something
- (2022-10-15, v:1.0.2) Gianfranco A. Málaga Tejada: Ya no está visible la opción del menú de mensaje para obtener su ID,
Hola. Se eliminó la opción del menú de mensaje para obtener su ID, desde hace dos días. Se verificó que la extensión se encuentra instalada, luego se reinstaló e inclusive se reinstaló el sistema operativo, pero aún no se activa. Gracias por atender.
- (2022-10-13, v:1.0.2) Dustin Dsouza: Not showing up anymore
the extension is no longer showing up for me and many others is it down for a specific amount of time?
- (2022-10-13, v:1.0.2) Anais Anais: Extension is installed but copy message ID not appearing
I have been suing the extension for quite sometime and it seems working fine until today I found out the copy message ID option is missing despite log out relogin and remove and reinstall the extension. Please help.
- (2021-06-05, v:1.0.2) Casey Hingtgen: Only works on inbox
How do I get this to work if I'm viewing messages in a label, all mail, etc. Any chance you could change so it copies a hyperlink to the search by appending to https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#search/ and encoding properly so you can link from a Google doc?
- (2020-11-18, v:1.0.2) Jayini Pavan Kumar: Gmail Message ID Finder error
Hi I couldn't able to use the extension in my email. The problem raised today and I have tried to reinstall but the problem hasn't solved, need support to configure the same, Thank you Jayini
- (2020-05-15, v:1.0.1) Nicolás Boettcher: it doesn't work
Please, check if the extension still works
- (2017-12-05, v:1.0.1) Raül Quintana: Not working on multiple accounts
- (2017-11-15, v:1.0.1) Александр Скачков: Bug with defining Message ID from forwarded messages
There are bug with defining Message ID from forwarded messages. Please check.
- (2017-07-11, v:1.0.1) Could you support inbox？
Could you support inbox by Google ？ Thanks
- (2017-02-24, v:1.0.1) David AuBuchon: Can thisextension also preserve unique urls?
I have many word documents with thousands of links to messages in my gmail account. These urls appear to be unique (at least within a given user account). They have a format like this: https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox/15a6ce8adabf80c0 My fear is about how I can implement a backup of my gmail accounts. In the event of a data loss, I am concerned that no matter what method I use, a restore might not restore the unique urls. I might end up with newly assigned urls. If this is the case, then all my urls saved in my word files would no longer point to anything, and I would be screwed. My question/suggestion is this: Can you make this extension somehow permanently associate an email's present url with that email? In other words, every stored backup of an email would somewhere need to be tagged with the original url. For example, if I forwarded a copy of an email to another account as a method of backup, if I searched that unique url in this backup account (like "15a6ce8adabf80c0"), then that message would come up in the search results. Is something like this possible? Coming down one level to something that is simpler, even ignoring issues with backups, I wonder if Gmail ever changes these urls that I have assumed for years to be unique and permanent. I hope I have been right. If they did change them, again I would be screwed. In this step, being able to search the url would fix that, and if I understand correctly, this is not any more difficult that what you have already done with this extension, except you would have to add the url string as a second unique identifier.
- (2017-02-09, v:1.0.1) José Ferreira: Recibos de leitura
Existe alguma forma para solicita recibo de leitura de email no gmail? Obrigado