Hide morning hours on your Google Calendar to stop wasting space on your screen for empty hours.
When's the last time you had a meeting at 3am? Empty hours are irrelevant and waste space on your screen. This extension lets you minimize the range of hours in the morning on your Google Calendar, so you only see the title of events during those hours. How does it work? 1. Click “Add to Chrome” to install the extension for free from the official Chrome Web Store. 2. Reload or open your Google Calendar in Chrome: https://www.google.com/calendar 3. In the Day/Week/3 or 7 days view, you will notice a new small gray handle at the top of the times on the left. Drag it down to hide morning hours. If you want to show those hours again, simply click the gray hidden hours at the top of the times on the left. Who is it for? When you use your calendar for work or school, you can set a range of working hours in the day that fits your schedule and remove the unnecessary white space during the times you're out of office or sleeping. This extension currently works if the language of Google Calendar is set to English (US). Support for more languages coming soon. Feel free to ask us any questions or tell us what you think. Contact at www.raphaelschaad.com. Thanks for giving us a rating, if you like your clean new calendar look. Also available for Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/hide-morning-in-calendar
- (2021-01-11) C. D. Trumino: It doesn't work at all
- (2021-01-09) Odem Arad: Based on the reviews I could really use this extension. Was disappointed it doesn't support Hebrew.
- (2020-10-31) John Beck: I use a rolling 5 day view mostly, works perfectly. Thanks!
- (2020-10-22) Chris Haines: This is a good start, though I find myself not using it because it takes a bit too much screen space (sized like an hour time slot, 2 rows). Even though it has two rows taken up, if there are two events inside that time interval, the text display still only consumes one row and says "2 events" versus the actual name of the two events, but for one event you get the name of the actual event. So there is no value to the top row beside "midnight". My suggestion is to tweak this tool to be one row high only, by eliminating the "midnight" row which is wasted space. My second suggestion is to have a way to snap this view open and back to its previous view without having to drag each time. That would allow a peek at earlier events as needed and back to the user setting without redoing drag and drop each time. Thx
- (2020-10-20) Jo Sprague: I had to read the reviews to find out how to use this extension. But once I figured out to look for the subtle gray bar and drag it to where I want to start my day, it works perfectly!
- (2020-10-15) Jessica Baqui: It worked perfectly! Thanks a lot!
- (2020-10-11) Ingo Schüder Director, Brillianto: Waste fo time. It does not work anymore, even after setting the language to English (US). Got an annoying advert for bedtime coach instead. Google, please take this off!
- (2020-10-05) Bob Cotton: As mentioned before, would be nice to hide the evening hours as well. Also, this does not work on the "sidebar" calendar that is available in Gmail/Drive. Those two additions would make it perfect.
- (2020-10-03) Danley L: How do I hide a certain period of time (03:00 A.M. to 09:00A.M for instance) instead of hiding time from midnight only?
- (2020-09-19) Kaitlin Smalley: Hey thanks, this works great - one piece of feedback is just when you collapse the left side bar to make the calendar full screen, the vertical lines in the greyed-out section no longer match up with the rest of the calendar/ they're shifted a bit too far to the left, but otherwise everything's all good!
- (2020-08-21) Tim Trevlig: Thanks a lot!
- (2020-08-17) Yuchen Zhao: Doesn't work at all.
- (2020-07-02) Maura Harty: This is the closest thing I could find to an appropriately compact weekly view for google calendar.
- (2020-06-29) Richard Hawkins: Excellent plugin! Though there's currently a layout alignment bug in Week/Day View if the Google sidebar isn't showing (toggle hamburger menu top-left).
- (2020-03-18) Adam Del Rosso: Does what it says and simple to use! Raphael, I'm interested in this extension supporting nighttime hiding and expanding of the calendar to fill the screen so that the time blocks are larger. I am willing to help out on this effort! Let me know, thanks.
- (2020-02-17) Greg C Neumayer: I really like the idea, and the implementation is perfect -- not in the way or awkward. Unfortunately, this version looks like it's not useful for 4K monitors. On mine, it removes the morning hours but creates and equal amount of blank space at the bottom of the calendar after midnight, which doesn't make the viewed hours any larger. Add me to the notification list if you update it!
- (2020-02-12) Robert Van Mosseveld: Found this gem through a forum when looking for a way to minimize the morning (and evening btw) in my Google Calendar. Installed it and after reloading it just worked. Perfect! Really happy this add-on exists, it's very intuitive and effective. Told my colleagues about it as well. One thing I'm missing is minimizing the end of the day as well, so a separate grey space for after for example 6 pm. (but tbh that's not the name of your extension 😉). Other than that, perfect add-on, thanks a bunch!
- (2020-02-09) Sandy Wolf: it's probably my fault, but i cannot for the life of me make it stick, and it doesn't help with the collapsed PM hours, which are all jammed up when i go to print it. is this for a display only?
- (2020-01-27) Ígor Beliaev: Works as easily as it could: just scrolls down so that the default view would start from 9 a. m. Perfect!
- (2020-01-20) Joshua Coscia: Love this app. The only thing missing is the hiding of night hours.
- (2020-01-08) Paul Henman: Why does clicking on a link in an appointment go via a "Bedtime Coaching" page really briefly? Very suspicious! What is it doing? What data is it hijacking? Why is there no option to prevent it?
- (2019-12-08) Yoni Bazak: Not working for me.
- (2019-11-05) Eugene Yi: Worked like a charm and helps me scroll less while I'm in the "week" view for google calendars.
- (2019-11-04) Blaise Freeman: I loved this, but when I installed the most recent version on another computer it's broken when I installed it, I click on the icon and it crashes :(
- (2019-10-15) Scott Yang: I was confused at first because clicking on the icon resulted in a "Enable Bedtime Coach" but nothing about "Enable Hide Morning Hours", and then I came back to this page and realized the gray handle has already been added to week view. Dragged it around and it worked perfectly! I'd suggest adding a "help" button to the extension with a link to a quick 1 min tutorial video, and also to default the initial setting to 6 AM so users can immediately tell the difference on the calendar page.
- (2019-09-30) Daniel Gladyshev: it worked for me, but seems now its not :( i am in pain cant find how to fix this
- (2019-09-17) Jaki Katigbak: Nope. Doesn't work. Reloaded Cal. Removed and readded extension. Reloaded cal again. Nothing.
- (2019-09-12) Mark Burgess: As of 9/11/19 this retarded app no longer works. They or google pulled another "Bill Gates" and made some tweak without testing it....garbage...
- (2019-08-12) Tess Hegarty: This is a great extension, I used to be able to hide specific hours via google labs I believe, but they took that feature away. It would be great if it could also hide extra evening hours, in a similar manner. Thank you!
- (2019-07-31) Julija Melnika: Thank you! I was so angry when google removed that feature, and now I can have it back!!!
- (2019-06-23) Foo Baar: a few options (like changing the color) would be nice
- (2019-06-10) Robin Rohwer: In the old google calendar I would collapse morning and night hours. This extension works well for me but only collapses the morning. It would be more useful if you could also collapse evening hours, so that all after-work events were in a second grey bar at the bottom.
- (2019-06-08) Ziba Shahpar: Atrocious. Does not work at all and not user-friendly.
- (2019-05-28) Steven Salka: Works pretty well on my laptop (macOS 10.13.6, Brave 0.64.77, Chromium 74.0.3729.169), but would really like to be able to adjust the start of the time range. For me, it seems the range can only start at midnight - I would like to be able to do e.g. 10pm-8am, rather than 12am-8am. Enabling this might complicate the UI somewhat (simplest design assumes midnight, or the first row, is the start) but would greatly enhance the usefulness of this extension. I would even be happy filling out a simple popup form w/ inputs for start and end time. If you are a dev for this extension reading this, please consider making this update!
- (2019-05-12) Janet Schaaf: Works like a charm. I wish it had the capability to hide different times on different calendars (personal and my business calendar). If there's a way and I'm missing it, please let me know.; ;)
- (2019-05-08) Julian Bueno: Awesome! I provided my feedback to Google and have done nothing since they removed this feature. And now, in 2 clicks, I got it back perfectly working. No fuss, just great. Remember to reload the calendar once the extension is installed.
- (2019-05-08) John Chambers: Thank you! I can't believe millions are not using this! Shame on Google for not doing this themselves, and kudos on a seamless and extremely useful extension!
- (2019-04-27) Bogdan Potapenko: Thank you! You made the world a bit better! You are great!
- (2019-04-15) Ruben Dias: Excelent extension. Google previously had this option but not with the new design (at least I can't find it). The only issue I have is that it does not look alright (slightly misadjusted) when I click the menu button for hiding the calendar view, the world clock and my calendars.
- (2019-04-14) Magnus Ingebrigtsen: Awesome. Thanks for making this simple but helpful extension :)
- (2019-04-14) Jeff K: I finally realized you need to be in "Day/Week/3 or 7 days view", then it works. Wish it worked in month view, which is what I always use. Add month view for at least 4 stars. It did also add a 'bedtime coach' icon to the browser which I don't want but I was able to hide it.
- (2019-04-03) Aaron Geraci: Doesn't seem to work.
- (2019-03-25) Ben Wheeler: Initially I thought it wasn't working. Didn't realize it defaults to doing nothing -- you need to drag down a little gray handle to set your morning limit. Wish there was an end-of-day limitation, too, and I also wish it expanded the height of events to fit the available space!
- (2019-03-13) Great app. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is that after I collapse the overnight hours, I wish the line of blank blocks left to represent the overnight hours would also disappear. Having every line of usable space on my calendar is important to me. But otherwise, love it!
- (2019-03-09) Livia A: This creation is genius! Exactly what I needed - without unneccessary permisions, and it is very easy to manage/reset etc. Thank you!
- (2019-03-03) Works amazingly! This is one of the few that actually works. Very clean and clear. Would be even better if you can do the same for night time hours as well.
- (2019-02-25) Cory Smith: It did exactly what I needed. I work during the day, so it was nice to eliminate anything between 1am and 6am (you can customize that). Great little app!
- (2020-09-23, v:0.1.9) Thomas N. Burg: stopped working all of a sudden. I'm on English (US)
stopped working all of a sudden. I'm on English (US)
- (2020-09-14, v:0.1.9) Takeshi: Conflict with other extensions
With Google Calendar Plus(See the link below) and turning "Show more all day evernts" ON, this extensions displays the shrinked area among all day events area. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-calendar-plus/mjelhipeelammmhpghkpigkdonihkakj
- (2020-04-13, v:0.1.9) Charlie Arehart: Any chance you'll ever add "hide evening"? Would you if we paid?
If it's not technically possible for some reason, could you please let us know? Or if it's simply a matter or priorities for you, would you create it for a certain amount of money? I'm sure many here would contribute to a crowdsourced funding effort. :-) Thanks for what you have done so far, of course!
- (2020-04-02, v:0.1.9) Kate Ramsbottom: Hide evening hours
I would love the ability to hide evening hours on my work calendar! I see it's been requested before. Any plans to make this happen?
- (2020-02-12, v:0.1.9) Simon Muncey: Does it work on Android
Hi, I added your extension onto my google calendar on PC - works perfectly BUT it's not mirrored on my google calendar on my android phone should it? - will it( ie does it need time to sync?), is there something else I need to do
- (2020-01-15, v:0.1.9) Jessica A. Li: Hide Select Hours
Could you add a way to keep early hours of the morning and hide, for example, 2am-9am? Thank you.
- (2019-12-04, v:0.1.9) Datrys Technologies: Not working for me.
Hi, I just installed this on brand new laptop, latest chrome, published version of app but I don't get the drag down bar.
- (2019-10-13, v:0.1.7) Primary Stars Education: Not working!
This is no longer working.
- (2019-10-07, v:0.1.7) Stopped working
I have been using this extension happily for a while now. Sometime between Friday and today, it has stopped working. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it, but it will no longer give me the gray bar to hide hours. I don't know how to fix this.
- (2019-09-30, v:0.1.7) Roman Kovbasyuk: Evening hours
Thanks for amazing extension. Would be great if we can hide evening hours also..
- (2019-08-28, v:0.1.7) English (UK) support
Please can you add support for UK english? I'm assuming it would require bare minimal changes to implement
- (2019-04-06, v:0.1.7) Bork: Firefox version
Will the firefox version come back in the future?
- (2019-03-20, v:0.1.7) Neal Fultz: Thanks!
This is a fantastic extension, thanks much. Would you mind making it also work in the calendar tray in Gmail (on the right hand bar)? Very Respectfully, Neal
- (2019-02-05, v:0.1.7) Grey bar doesn't move
I have my calendar in US english and in week view. The grey bar appears at midnight; however, if I click and drag down (to hide midnight to 6am, say), it doesn't move.
- (2019-01-28, v:0.1.7) hide mornings
I cannot hide mornings in google calendar, I added the extension to chrome, I restarted my computer and google calendar and I did not get the icon for morning hide feature
- (2018-12-30, v:0.1.6) k farah: AM Hours not hidden if custom date range chosen from calendar in left column
Seems like morning hours are no longer hidden if I choose a custom number of days by clicking/highlighting on the little monthly calendar in left column. Do you plan on enabling that functionality? Thanks (and love this extension)
- (2018-12-17, v:0.1.5) I think the new gCal broke the extension
I see the grey bar and I set the time but no matter how many time I reload the time I've marked to be hidden continues to show up if I scroll