Provides useful, cross-tab control functionalities when watching music-compilation videos on YouTube™.
This extension builds its own interactive tracklist by scanning for timestamped tracks in the video description or comments. The tracklist can be displayed from any tab and controlled via configurable global keyboard shortcuts (defaults are the keyboard's media buttons). Features: - Media control (play, pause, rewind, fast-forward, previous track, next track) - Tracklist building from the video description or comments - Tracklist navigation - Clickable progress bar on current song - Support of keyboard media keys (configurable global keyboard shortcuts) - Cross-tab interactivity (view and control the tracklist from any tab) - Push notifications on track/video change (toggleable setting) Changelog: https://github.com/XavierDuthil/youtube-tracklist-control/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md Source: https://github.com/XavierDuthil/youtube-tracklist-control
- (2022-09-11) Ilhaam Elhussein: Edit: The extension does not work with more than one YouTube tab, it detects the first YouTube tab it finds and ignores subsequent ones, unfortunately. Edit2: I have been corrected that the extension can detect the tab you want by clicking the refresh button on the top left. Great extension: Allows user to create own keybindings for play/pause/forward/etc. Allows user to skip tracks. Allows user to skip forward/backwards 10 seconds. Allows controlling YouTube from any tab (or even if another application window is active). The best thing about it: It does NOT show the album art or video thumbnails. This is the main edge it has over the built-in YouTube controls in Chrome, as the built-in one shows a thumbnail from the YouTube video playing, making it an eye-sore. This one shows only text and takes up minimal visual footprint. I hope this is never changed. I think this is the best extension of its kind on the Chrome Web Store.
- (2021-08-23) Sawa Możdżer: Its actually really nice, but the design really bothers me. I would really aprecciate a dark mode option or color customization and possibly an option to go to previous track (the most important for me). Then It would be my favourite plug-in ever.
- (2021-04-04) Matheus: Very useful, perfect.
- (2020-10-17) Sergey Andreev: Навигация по трекам (тайм-кодам) внутри youtube-видео. Удобно при прослушивании музыкальных альбомов: даже с другой вкладки можно переключится на следующую/предыдущую песню, либо перемотать вперед/назад текущую (не прыгнуть на следующее видео в плейлисте, а именно перемещаться внутри воспроизводимого).
- (2019-06-28) Sonicade Audio: Exactly what I was looking for to skip tracks on Youtube. Thank you!
- (2018-06-27) Filinchen: Just install and use the media keys on your keyboard to skip/pause/go back in your playlist. Easy <3 love it
- (2018-01-14) Asgard Guardianz: So helpfull application for Youtube music thx man
- (2022-05-28, v:2.7.1) live wire: Internet
- (2022-05-28, v:2.7.1) live wire: Browser
- (2022-03-04, v:2.6.0) Mukesh Chhugani: TRACKLISTS
Tracklists is not showing up in ext. even when the sync is used repeatedly
- (2019-06-22, v:2.5.0) Alex Pawlowski: Microsoft Edge Compatibility
Note: this messagw was written for Microsoft, so this is only a transcript. A recent update to Microsoft Edge (Dev) lets the user play and pause youtube videos using the Media Play/Pause buttons. However, I have a third party extension that does the same thing. Unfortunately, the fact that the extension and Edge both control the same thing means that neither the built in or third party tools work, and videos will not react to pressing the media play/pause button. Edge does some things better, for example, showing the video cover art and track name in Windows 10's volume slider, but the extension better handles control of multiple simultaneous YouTube tabs. I don't want to give up using this extension in order to use Microsoft Edge. Please contact me at [email protected] for more information. I'm willing to share screenshots, explain how I use the extension, and answer any question you may have.