Adds search & replace tool for input fields and editable text content.
Find & Replace allows you to search and replace text in editable areas, directly in your browser. IT WILL NOT WORK WITH STATIC TEXT (ex. this page). Use it for composing long emails, blog articles, or forum posts. This extension DOES NOT support find & replace for the following: -Shopify -Google Docs, Sheets, Forms, Slides -Jupyter Notebooks -Confluence -Wordpress -Magento Regarding email sharing, we take your privacy very seriously and will never use your information for anything other than communicating directly about the extension, updates etc. For an update log, go to www.findreplace.us/updates Core Features: * Find and replace multiple queries in one click (premium - $6.95 for lifetime usage) * Save to Favourites * Text Templates (click to paste into page) * Regular expression info previews Search Options: * Match Case (case-sensitive search) * Whole Words * Regular Expressions * Limit search to text selection * Include single-line inputs in search Shortcut to Open: Ctrl+Shift+F (Mac: Cmd+Shift+F)
- (2020-02-13) Laska: It works flawlessly in Blogger.
- (2020-02-04) Muhammad Salman: VERY HELPFUL THANK YOU
- (2020-02-04) Florian Bovill: einfach und genial
- (2020-01-29) Anuj Jangra: it's good
- (2020-01-27) Loo Jack: can't find all the words. just 50% of it. Really not cool
- (2020-01-07) Simon Gao: Such a time saver!
- (2020-01-07) Rob Ellis: Saves lots of time. Love it.
- (2019-12-30) Henry Acosta: Works like a charm!!! saved me from editing large documents in Jira !!!!
- (2019-12-30) Boris Raifler: The extension is very necessary, but favorites and especially templates need import and export. I also have another proposal: To assign shortcut for text area, let say Alt-H, for using this extension without clicking on icon. As soon this shortcut is invoked, the extension relates to the word which immediately precedes the cursor as template name and replaces this word together with space by corresponding template. In other words, this shortcut is equal to following actions: 1. Clicking on icon. 2. Clicking on template icon in pop-down menu 3. Choosing appropriate template 4. Clicking on "run" As you see, one shortcut can be equal to four actions. Taking to account, that user will mostly deal with keyboard and not mouse, it can be seriously useful for user.
- (2019-12-23) it.web.02 ดูแลระบบ: Good
- (2019-12-09) Suzanne Benner: Great App. I use it to edit interviews with a lot of repeating HTML, and it works like a charm. There are things I would change if I could, but nothing else I tried worked, so compared to those, this is perfect. :)
- (2019-11-26) John Polidan: Makes changes well but changes do not stick. Using with catalog items in Magento 2. Find and replace appears to work, but when you go back and check, the change did not take and it still was the original text. Sticks fine if I change manually. Very confusing. I was very excited about the product and even willing to pay for the upgrade but obviously not if it does not work.
- (2019-11-25) David Petrovic: Massive time saver!
- (2019-11-22) Dana Vento: Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I will reload, and try to get it to work, but it won't. When I try to match case, it has often replaced ALL the words, which is obviously incorrect. I am just going back to Control F, I don't know why it did not work. Not Cache Issues, Browser issues, etc. Disappointed
- (2019-11-18) Chad Houston: I tried using in in Shopify, and specifically Oberlo app and it doesn't work at all; not even after allowing it to try for 5 minutes as another reviewer stated.
- (2019-11-14) Ernesto Bonilla: Gran extensión para buscar y reemplazar. Muchas gracias al desarrollador por el trabajo!! Great extension to search and replace. Many thanks to the developer for the work !!
- (2019-11-09) Eva Musdaliva: very useful extension.. Thx a lot <3
- (2019-11-01) CIEE KBYG: Love it. Saves so much time. Well done. Worth the $7 for bundling saved searches/replacing.
- (2019-10-30) David Baas: It always says no results?
- (2019-10-24) Hugo Navia: Excelente aplicación, hace lo que dice y de muy buena manera.
- (2019-10-18) Healthy And Romance: I love it. It works as expected
- (2019-10-18) Joost Moerenburg: huge time saver on 100+ input forms
- (2019-10-17) ye c: Funktioniert einwandfrei! Kann ich empfehlen.
- (2019-10-16) Greg Whitaker: A great tool for use in online code editors that would otherwise require line by line edits.
- (2019-10-10) Leah Anne Reyes: I will be happy to spend money on this since I can use it effectively at work. However, I would do that if it have this option or feature: I am looking forward for this extension to have an "auto format" feature. By auto format, what I mean is to automatically do all those that are saved in favorites or probably another tab. Right now, what I do is go to saved or favorites, click one, replace all, open the extension again, click another one, replace all until I am done with like 20 of my saved contents. I want to see a feature that when I click a button, the extension would do the saved #1-#4 and replace all that it find in the document so I wouldn't need to manually redo it every time. I'd be happy to spend money on this and recommend it to my coworkers once it has that feature.
- (2020-01-31, v:1.3.27) Ben Warner: license type
Hi there! I would like to use this extension within our company. To do this, I need to note down the open-source license type. Would it be possible to add a LICENSE.md to your github page? Cheers, Ben
- (2020-01-22, v:1.3.27) Southern Industrial: Shortcut keys
is there any shortcut to trigger the extension to open automatically?
- (2019-03-07, v:1.3.17) Conner: deleting text
The words or letters i put in delete from the field before I even click. For instance I was trying to change dakota to Dakotah and it deleted all the D's and Dak's from the field!
- (2019-01-28, v:1.3.17) Art Of Pic: search & replace tool
Take a look at technical support issues.
- (2019-01-16, v:1.3.17) Art Of Pic: Bulk Edit and Replace
I want find and replace many (words, letters, etc..) in same time - in one click. like adam + ahmed + work = Mik + John + Hello
- (2018-09-16, v:1.3.17) Omar Filipovic: Macro, saved actions?
Is Find & Replace compatible with any macro extensions for Chrome? I'm looking for functionality that will automate removing line breaks in text: Find "\n\n" -> Replace with "xxx" Find "\n" -> Replace with " " Find "xxx" -> Replace with "\n\n" Thanks
- (2018-08-08, v:1.3.15) Jamie Baker: will not find
i have the extension but it will not "find" any of the words I type in
- (2018-07-24, v:1.3.15) Mechknight5656: Add in a key command to repeat the last used action
Useful for mass editing multiple pages, so you don't have to keep clicking the app icon.
- (2018-06-26, v:1.3.15) Tigirl'sCreativelyNamed OCAccount: In reply to my last post
(it won't let me edit or reply to my last comment for some bizarre reason) I think it's probably the last of the three explanations, since it works just fine on G+
- (2018-06-26, v:1.3.15) Tigirl'sCreativelyNamed OCAccount: it's not actually replacing anything
So I'm trying to use it to replace 'th' with 'þ,' so I went and saved that function to my favourites. it locates all instances of 'th' just fine, and when I click either 'replace' or 'replace all,' it looks like it's done the job. but the moment I close the launcher, everey instance of þ reverts back to 'th.' Am I doing something wrong, is this just a bug in the program due to using a unicode character, or is it just the site itself (Discord) just doing... something?
- (2018-06-22, v:1.3.15) Gabriel Ninô: "No Target"
It doesn't seem to work on many pages now, saying "No Target".
- (2018-05-28, v:1.3.15) Olof Paulson: Value of field not being changed/Changes not being committed
Thanks for a great tool. Using it to replace text in an interface for translating text. It appears that when I update the field using your tool, e.g replace "Way" with "Road"; "our script" that takes the value of the field and committs it to the database doesn't pick up the edited text: "Road". I assume this must mean the "original" text "Way" is still the "value" of the editable field( since that is what gets submitted) the same does not happen if I physically type in a different text string, then everything works fine? the field in question is an "contenteditable"( if that makes any difference)... Is there a chance your tool isn't "mimicing" an actual typing of text and this can "fool" more processes than ours? any thoughts appreciated.