Allows visibility mode configuration for Slack Desktop Notifications
Slack Desktop Notifications (for Windows) are visible for only several seconds and after they get dismissed there is no visual indicator for unread messages. This extension is intended ONLY for allowing configuration of visibility mode for Slack Desktop Notifications (in lack of a Slack-client for Windows). Visibility options: 1. Use Sticky Notifications (Notification are visible until closed/read) 2. Use Default behavior (Notifications are automatically dismissed) After installing the extension the 1st option will activate automatically, which will overwrite the default behavior. This can be configured by going to Preferences, see screenshots (click on User -> Preferences -> Notifications -> Visibility options). *** Update: Slack released a Windows app making this extension almost obsolete. However, for some reason, the Windows app Notifications don't work properly MOST of the times so I still HAVE TO use this extension instead the official Windows app (Notifications simply do not get triggered and I keep missing important messages ALL THE TIME). Also, official Windows app doesn't have "sticky" Notifications. ***
- (2020-11-20) Pranav Shah: It's broken.
- (2018-08-27) Robert Saric: Does not work
- (2018-07-20) angie lewis: great
- (2018-06-21) Heather Barnes: Does not work. Broken.
- (2017-11-08) Chas Wilson: this is a great idea - am always missing notifications cuz i need to monitor gchat, too. would be great if this could be updated to work with current versions of chrome.
- (2017-10-11) Jessica Hight: Definitely still broken :(
- (2017-06-13) Rosalyn: Does not work for Chrome... unless its just broken
- (2016-08-02) Michael Robinson: Does anyone know if this extension is currently broken? Our team just started using Slack and this extension seemed like a great addition but it doesn't seem to be working. I only see one other review that mentions something about Chrome's recent update breaking it, I'm wondering if that's the case?
- (2016-07-06) Mike H.: Apparently recent changes to the way Chrome Notifications works has rendered this extension worthless. Will change rating if app gets updated. Too bad, it was a really good idea.
- (2015-12-31) richard bazlinton: Really good. However the messages are now disappearing after about 30 seconds so missing a lot of messages. Is this fixable?
- (2015-12-17) Sean Rafferty: I like this better than the notifications in the native app. Thank you.
- (2015-12-10) Daniel Vocino: My team has been happily using this extension for months, and with the recent changes to Chrome's notification center, the functionality is broken. Any chance this will get patched so we can get sticky notes again? :(
- (2015-11-02) Jason Case: I love it. Any chance you could also add the ability to get a sound notification without the onscreen popups? There's a group of people that would appreciate that as well.
- (2015-08-11) NIkolai Marchenko: The only thing that makes slack usable on windows. The native app's notification are just godawful.
- (2015-04-14) Fernando Torrealba: it works perfectly, I hope this option may be available on Windows App soon
- (2015-03-06) Praveen Matoria: Perfect
- (2015-02-19) Cosmin Nistor: this add on is perfect, the in build notification disappear too fast and most of the time i did not know i have a new message