Skip intermediary pages that some pages use before redirecting to a final page.
Skip Redirect ===================== Some web pages use intermediary pages before redirecting to a final page. This webextension tries to extract the final url from the intermediary url and goes there straight away if successful. As an example, try this url: - www.google.com/chrome/?or-maybe-rather-firefox=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mozilla.org/ Please give feedback(see below) if you find websites where this fails or where you get redirected in a weird way when this add-on is enabled but not when it's disabled. See the add-on's preferences (also available by clicking the toolbar icon) for options. By default all URLs but the ones matching a blacklist are checked for embedded URLs and redirects are skipped. Depending on the pages visited, this can cause problems. For example a dysfunctional login. The blacklist can be edited to avoid these problems. There is also a whitelist mode to avoid this kind of problem altogether. In whitelist mode, all URLs for which redirects should be skipped need to be configured by hand. Feedback -------- You can report bugs or make feature requests on https://github.com/sblask/webextension-skip-redirect Patches are welcome.
- (2020-03-19) Chris DeFelice: Great extension. Unfortunately, it seems the whitelist feature isn't working in the Brave browser.
- (2020-03-15) Snowcone Guy: Doesn't prevent Twitter.com from redirecting to twitter.com/home
- (2020-01-27) Dmitry Vnukov: Still redirects from aliexpress.com to aliexpress.ru
- (2020-01-08) Abdallah Maach: Works amazingly!
- (2020-01-03) schwit schwit: Works, sometime.
- (2019-12-17) Nero Djennero: to fix problem Google Drive Redirect just put this URLs into whitelist: https://drive.google.com/* https://docs.google.com/*
- (2019-12-16) Armodeco: u need to tick a check box in oder to skip the new tabs
- (2019-11-30) Moo Scree: A nice replacement for the old "Fix Url Links Redirect" extension that works well enough. The blacklist feature supporting regular expressions is most welcome. However, this extension's link parsing is sometimes buggy... For example, a link with something like .encReferrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8%3d on the end is wrongly redirected to https://www.google.com (I guess that is what is encoded in that text).
- (2019-11-29) Roman Buntsevich: Not working at all
- (2019-10-16) João Marques: It works very well, I don't have any complaines.
- (2019-10-15) Engin Rençber: pop p penceresi engelleyemiyor
- (2019-09-12) Alla Shvartsburd: Doesn't work.
- (2019-08-31) Michael S: AMAZING. WORKS PERFECTLY.
- (2019-08-22) Сергей Миронов: Супер
- (2019-07-29) Chris Vydas: The 5 star reviews are completely unwarranted. As others have stated the extension truly sucks in current form! If the link ends with referrer=h..ps://x then skip redirect loads the referrer h..ps://x instead of the site that it's supposed to go to, now that's just bad. There are other issues to that I won't bother getting into. In addition, the Support site is 404, nice. doesn't work and, no support! if anyone knows of a alternative to this broken addon, please post it in your review or as a reply.
- (2019-07-17) Islam M.Rafiq: can't understand this option : "Skip all redirects except for URLs matching any of the lines in the blacklist" !! , i think black list is the one should be skipped !!
- (2019-06-25) Adrian Miller: doesn't work, latest chromium, even when i added to the blacklist...
- (2019-06-11) Techni Myoko: Could not get working.
- (2019-05-10) Gowshik Murugesan: It actually works!!
- (2019-04-26) Albert Fish: It's causing problems with the wayback machine (web.archive.org)
- (2019-04-19) CYKA BLYAT: Listen to me everyone, this is the best extension ever, if you want nice, safe and no annoying ads or redirects, I suggest you guys reading this to install this extension, and another ad blocker extension named ad block. BEST COMBO EVA < 3
- (2019-03-29) Mikołaj Stankiewicz: Doesn't work.
- (2019-02-16) works for me,thanks .
- (2019-02-12) Anthony Lago: Great extension IF it didn't constantly stop pages clicked on from Google Search results from loading. I have to turn off extension whenever searching on Google or using Google Drive. I have Google as an exception so 'Skip Redirect' stops blocking Google search links but it has done NOTHING. Major hiccup if you ask me considering Google is the #1 search engine. *Update* Now ALL links on Facebook are being blocked. I will literally put a website's URL into the whitelist and it STILL blocks me from clicking on link. *UPDATE 2* The creator of this extension has released this statement "If you have a problem a specific website: adding the domain to your blacklist does not solve the problem. The issue is not about adding entries to the default blacklist" and that's it. No further explanation. Great support. SEBASTIAN, HOW DO WE STOP YOUR EXTENSION FROM NEEDLESSLY BLOCKING EVERY SINGLE LINK?! WHY CAN'T WE CLICK ON BUTTON TO STOP YOUR EXTENSION FROM BLOCKING MANUALLY??? This app sucks. Uninstalling
- (2019-02-07) Charles Steinkuehler: Thank you so much for writing this!