Summarizes a whole article or just the highlighted text.
"SparkNotes, but for any web article!" New Features! (July 4, 2016 update) - Know the estimated read time of your shortened article! - See the themes portrayed in the article! Do you frequently encounter interesting articles but just don't have the time to sit down and read every single line? Well, TL;DR is the solution! Summarize any article by just (1) highlighting the text and (2) clicking "TLDR". Adjust the "Summary Size" settings to scale the length of the summaries to your liking! Built and maintained with love from the students of UC Berkeley. Caution: Only works on the English language.
- (2019-07-18) James King: essen.ai is much better
- (2017-12-08) Jo Spain: It doesn't even work at all
- (2017-02-24) obada Alhaji: ارجو تحسين الاضافة الى الافضل وشكرا
- (2016-11-14) Probal Shome: It's promising, but a suggestion for a better implementation - Instead of selecting text (which is often a tedious process), use a shortcut+contentselector. Check the ext EasyReader for this implementation. Much more user-friendly. Cheers!
- (2016-10-08) Eric Harlan: Can't get it to work on my iMac. There is never a summary for any page. Giving up after two+ weeks and attempting to reinstall the extension.
- (2016-08-18) Sam Van Curen: Eceryone Has To Get This
- (2016-01-17) derpy153: It does a surprisingly good job of actually leaving the important parts in while removing useless parts, lets you choose how long the summary should be, and lets you just shorten parts of a page
- (2015-10-21) Aishwarya Aravind: Anyone who reads a lot online will absolutely LOVE this! 10/10 would recommend for a higher amount of online productivity without lacking any quality!
- (2015-10-19) Catharine Burhenne: Where has this app been all my life? SO useful!
- (2015-10-19) Nisha Balabhadra: This extension helps cut down on my procrastination by making long articles short and sweet! Best download ever.
- (2015-10-18) Angela Lee: This is amazing! Totally cut down the time on reading articles for my classes!