Highlight text on websites with a simple right-click or keyboard shortcut. Saves highlights on your device.
- (2022-06-05) La Mallette Business: Very good extension!!! Well done!
- (2022-05-10) Javad : doesn't work
- (2022-05-07) Rafa Brito: Funcionava muito bem e eu usava sempre, mas de uns tempos pra cá parou completamente. Muito triste porque eu gostava dele :(
- (2022-04-21) Boogiepop: It is just perfect for me, does what I need! ❤️🙏
- (2022-04-20) Ramzi Kutteh: Does not work !!
- (2022-04-16) Ahmed Z: Great start. Not sure why it tracks all non-highlights, too. Also needs a list of highlights (without having to go to the webpage).
- (2022-04-03) Artur Pinheiro: best highlighter out there, just perfect!
- (2022-03-28) Jorge Lobos Ortiz: la volví a instalar y funcionó bn, probaré si tiene buenas funcionalidades... update: a veces siento que está algo bugueada. Por ej. si quieres borrar los textos remarcados desde el menú de la extensión y le das ok, a veces no se borran, o aparecen textos que ya habia eliminado de antes; sólo me funcionó cuando los borré desde la misma página web
- (2022-03-22) James H: Will 'lose' some of the highlights if you refresh/ revisit a page. Very annoying. Throws a fit on sciencedirect.com as it struggles to properly highlight.
- (2022-03-21) Íris Niara: Não entendi como funciona!
- (2022-03-14) OrderlyHippo: You added custom colors! Faaaaantastic! This brings my review to 5 stars! Everything I want is here. The user experience could be easier though. 1. More slots for custom colors would be nice, when setting shortcuts, the custom colors mess it up for some reason making all my custom colors dissapear??? and finally, 3. a transparency setting would be nice as well for the custom colors since manually tuning and picking the best color can be tedious (this is especially useful for dark mode when the colors get changed).
- (2022-03-13) James Z: Cant seem to highlight pages sent to my through canvas for class nor when I open a PDF that is saved on my computer. Both of those reasons are what I needed it for the most unfortunately. However, works on most other pages I tried so three stars from me.
- (2022-03-09) Senol Kurt: Fabian ist begeistert ;)
- (2022-03-08) Fin Sarginson: Amazing how hard it was to find a tool like this that works. Select text, Alt-H, it's highlighted. Mouse over highlighted text, a bubble appears offering: copy, colour, and delete highlight. So simple. Thank you.
- (2022-03-07) TDM: The new green color is awesome.
- (2022-03-01) Stuart Nicholls: Worked fine until recently, now just doesnt work. Wont highlight anything. Should have kept the previous version
- (2022-02-26) Freezie Pop: At first it was awesome and worked real well. Then an update happened and now it just doesn't work. Used to be my most used extension so I'm disappointed.
- (2022-02-26) Sh: Sometimes it works, most times it does not. Buggy from the day it was updated recently, fix thi
- (2022-02-24) Swathi K: For some reason this extension doesn't work. I tried everything, right click > highlight and even alt+H. It doesn't work on web pages and even on PDF files. I have no idea what the issue is.
- (2022-02-18) Austin Tang: fixed all the problems I had with the previous version. double clicking highlights only the world and not the space after it. purple was changed to a much more pleasant shade, and you can even change the shade manually. great extension!
- (2022-02-04) Bruno Amorim: Incrível, solucionou meu problema com simplicidade
- (2022-01-22) Omar Ibrahim: Simple, easy, and save automatically.
- (2022-01-07) jn: Amazing extension. Searching for a long time for this type of extension. Thanks for your valuable time and effort .
- (2021-12-16) Jacob: i love the simplicity
- (2021-11-30) Theresa Padilla: Works great!
- (2021-11-21) 홍홍: All highlights disappeard.
- (2021-11-10) Narmada Aithal: A very easy-to-use tool for highlighting specific text in large academic references. It's made a student's study a lot easier while having to save multiple webpages. Thank you Jérôme Parent-Lévesque!
- (2021-10-03) Sally Lee: the simplicity I was looking for
- (2021-09-29) ButterSlipper: Really nice app to use and definitely much simpler than other highlighters but some pet peeves of mine (that are probs small) is that the colours don't work when you're on an app with a darkscreen and the colours can sometimes be a bit ugly or hard to see for some of the text colours (e.g. black text with pink highlighting) so perhaps that could change? Anyways if you're looking for an extension that allows you to highlight text and SAVE them when you see the website again then this is the extension for you!
- (2021-09-17) George Valencia Jesus Manuel: excelente extensión que evita extenuaciones
- (2021-09-02) Code Fighting: Awesome!! It would be nice if it allows a shortcut to delete the selected highlight.
- (2021-08-31) Viní Ibrahim: Tem o que melhorar. Muitos bugs. As vezes, quando você seleciona um texto, ele seleciona todo o site. O pior não é isso. O pior é que você não consegue apagar em hipótese alguma. Simlesmente horrível. Fora isso, é um addon "ok".
- (2021-08-30) Emma: I really like this tool. Thank you so much for developing it. I have a question. Will my highlights be gone if I clean up my browser cookies and caches?
- (2021-08-28) Trory Nesser: It worked great for me until one particular web-page displayed random highlights that I didn't create. It looks like the webpage is "shared" with other application users. I deleted them and put mine but next day they were gone and there were other new highlights instead.
- (2021-07-31) Maxica: I just discovered this plug-in today when trying to find a free alternative of features existing in apps like Readwise. And this was a pleasant discovery ! I find it very easy to use and complete for some reasons : keyshortcut to highlight, easy way to remove highlight, possibility to copy all highlights in one click, highlight are saved when going back to the page after having it closed, and the plugin is always maintained. So a big thanks to the developer, this made me my work easier and faster ! If you are searching new features for the next version, I maybe have a small suggestion : it will be great if the copy of the highlight could include the URL link contained in the original text (but even without, the app is already very complete and helpfull to me).
- (2021-07-26) masmm masmm: So only problem is (although it is never advertised) you cannot sync between work&home pc. I got a question for it, is there a file that is used for storing annotations for later use or are annotations stored within somewhere in chrome files? (My though process was, if there is a folder for saved annot., then I can sync it via, say, google drive.)
- (2021-07-12) Ricardo Ferreira: Works quite well but any chance of adding functionality so that data can be saved to the cloud or maybe bookmarks? Thanks
- (2021-07-10) Maia S.: Very helpful, especially since everything is now digitalized now. It is very simple to use, only requiring a press of a button. I love it :)
- (2021-07-06) James Valentine: Doesn't work at all
- (2021-07-01) Shrey Jain: I highlighted text on Quora and after a few days it was all lost. At least get a menu where the highlighted text is listed even when your extension is not able to locate it on the webpage.
- (2021-06-27) Yago Crispim: Simples e muito útil.
- (2021-06-18) Sunny Mok: best and neat highlighter but 2 con: 1, toggle on/off in menu which is bit waste of time. best just toggle by click the button, and right click button to go menu. 2, nowhere to find all highlighted pages and it's content in a page that I can manage them, say delete them. currently I have to save all the page in bookmark to manage them, and manage them one by one.
- (2021-06-15) Ignacio Valentín Sagüés: Hace justo lo que quería!
- (2021-06-11) n ascentt: fantastic. very useful. works very well. just right click your text selection and highlight
- (2021-06-09) Hannah Wallace: The copy all feature is a life saver! Love this app so far
- (2021-06-02) Charles Davis: While other reviews are positive (and one reason I installed this app), I simply can't get any portion of a web page to highlight. First I tried selecting a portion of web text, then performing the right click option, choosing the color, and selecting "highlight". Nothing. I tried the "toggle cursor" option, which turned the cursor into a highlighter, but still nothing when activated. Tried re-installing this ap. Nothing.
- (2021-05-13) cryptidcake: I couldn't even get it to work :/
- (2021-05-11) Rajendra Pandu D: straight to the point extension, no sign up or whatever. would love if it has the ability to highlight pdf files too :)
- (2021-05-01) Hein Soe: the best of all. that's all i can say
- (2021-04-27) Ajay Kumar: Just toggle the highlighter and keep highlighting, then just copy them all with one click. Thank you so much very useful.
- (2022-06-30, v:4.0.2) H Quizzagan: Shareable Highlights
This is definitely my favourite highlighting tool extension I've ever used because of it's simplicity and the customizability of some of its settings. Since I use it a lot, sometimes I do want to share a link to my peers as well with my highlights and all. Perhaps, that's one big feature to implement in the future. It'd be awesome because then I can just share the link of the webpage + some tokens/params representative of the highlights and then they can also see my highlights (not sure how doable that is tho). Thank you and keep up the awesome work!
- (2022-06-05, v:4.0.2) La Mallette Business: Great extension
Thank you for the amazing work Could you please add support of html links when highlighting ? Currently I only get the text copy and no links are kept. Looking forward to adding you to my Desktop Enhanced Productivity Kit
- (2022-06-03, v:4.0.2) Austin Tang: All highlights considered the same!
There has been an issue when highlighting multiple sections on a webpage. Changing the colour of one highlight changes the rest, and deleting one highlight deletes the rest. Multiple colours work only if a different colour is chosen at the initial highlighting, but mousing over and pressing the recolour button produces the issue. Would love a fix, thanks!
- (2022-05-14, v:4.0.1) Avinash S: Highlighter not working properly
Hi, Highlighter is not working properly on this website - namepros.com. https://www.namepros.com/blog/what-makes-a-good-name.1273488/#post-8595991 When I'm reloading/closing the pages, Highlights are getting lost! Plz fix it!
- (2022-05-05, v:4.0.1) Neil Scott: Highlighter stopped working
Highlighter stopped working. I uninstalled it an reinstalled to no avail. Tried downloading another (Weaver) and it won't work either. I did assign shortcuts to Highlighter, and removed those also. Still won't work. Any suggestions? PS I'm a big fan of this. I do editing and can have up to 20 tabs open at a time. With Highlighter, the key points are readily seen, importance distinguished by color. And when it comes time to annotate the links, the URL is right there. Thanks for this; it's an editor's best helper.
- (2022-04-27, v:4.0.1) A: Not Working
It is not working now
- (2022-04-25, v:4.0.1) Adam Kaplan: Keeping the highlights
If I swap laptops will my highlights still save on the websites I have used it on? Are they linked to my chrome account or will all my highlights be lost?
- (2022-03-22, v:4.0.1) Saumya: not working anymore
I was able to use it only once and I did like it a lot but now it has stopped working. I have tried everything but its not working. Please look into it.
- (2022-03-17, v:4.0.1) Abigail Burrell: stopped working
I've had this for months, but all of a sudden it's not working. I've tried both right click + highlight and alt + H, but neither works. I've clicked toggle cursor a few times, but nothing happens. I checked to make it's on and it is. I've restarted my computer, closed chrome and reopened it, closed and revisited the website, and tried it on different websites, but it's not working at all.
- (2022-03-09, v:4.0.1) Amit Kumar: lost all the highlights in various pages.
i accidently deleted this extension and lost all the important highlilghts. Is there any way to bring those back.
- (2022-03-07, v:4.0.1) Anatolii Bakhtin: 2 из 5 маркеров работают
Hey !! It's simple - only 2 out of 5 markers work (not colors, but markers, as well as hotkeys for them)- 🟨, ⬛.. In general, 2 colors are enough for me, 4 is perfect (BUT the world is not perfect🌈🦄😂(sometimes, not a fairy tale)) P.s. It's so cool, I can change the color of the selected text !!
- (2022-03-07, v:4.0.1) Anatolii Bakhtin: всплывающее меню новые функции
Hi dude ! I'm writing about features for a popup section that displays selected text from a website, prioritizing them from Important 1,2,3.. => Less Important 5,6,..99.: I miss... ^_____^ (to be in 7th heaven) 1. 🌈color display of blocks, on the left. 2. ✅select parts / blocks of the selected text in order to copy them afterwards, and not all at once (you will have to rename the button "copy all" => "copy selected") 3. ❌remove unnecessary parts of the block, by the cross on the right (it will simply speed up the process of cleaning from unnecessary selections). 4. 🎹short key ctrl+z on the last selection, sometimes (once a day) I accidentally select a large piece (almost the entire site) of text and it is difficult to remove it. Examples for 🌈 and ❌ are coolly implemented in this extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/highlighter/dinoehnfgoidbfpggkdkofpijennefgf Thanks for your time and work!
- (2022-02-19, v:4.0.1) Pei-Jhen Wu: Stops highlighting all of a sudden
I've been highlighting on this webpage smoothly but all of a sudden it just stops working in the next paragraph. All my previous highlights in the previous paragraphs are still there but for some reasons it just won't highlight the next ones. The webpage I'm highlighting is this https://lawphil.net/judjuris/juri2013/sep2013/gr_179987_2013.html. And I am not able to highlight the phrase "Classifications of public lands according to alienability" and any of the text after the phrase. I have made sure the featured is turned on (it even shows the highlighting cursor) and have refreshed the webpage multiple times. Hope this could be fixed soon!
- (2022-02-19, v:4.0.1) H Quizzagan: Highlighter No Longer Works :'(
Hello! I super love your extension because it has been the easiest to use! However, only yesterday, I can no longer use it. I have changed the keyboard shortcut to ALT+ Space Bar for highlighting in my browser. Before, I can use it. But yesterday, even if I keep changing the keyboard shortcut and even made it back to its default shortcuts, I can no longer highlight. HUHU Can you help me figure what I need to resolve this? Thank you so much!!!
- (2022-01-23, v:3.1.2) Danny Neumann: Love this Highlighter, but Pink is too Dark
I use this extension a lot and like that there are a few colors to choose from. Unfortunately, the pink option is too dark. It leaves the text underneath almost impossible to read. Would it be possible to lighten it up some? Thanks!
- (2022-01-18, v:3.1.2) Anand INASU CHITTILAPPILLY: To export to a new computer
I love your extension. So far this is the easiest highlighting extension I have used. Thanks a lot. Wanted to know whether there is a way I could export the highlighted items to a new computer? Or is it possible to sync between computers?
- (2021-12-01, v:3.1.2) Umer Amjad: Highlights backup
Hi, I love what you've build. One feature that I would like to have in the extension is the option to create backup of highlighted text and websites either locally or on cloud drive like gmail etc. Thanks, Umer
- (2021-10-28, v:3.1.2) Bruno Vasconcelos: shortcut Alt + H is not working.
The shortcut Alt + H is not working. What should I do? Tks
- (2021-10-18, v:3.1.2) terra eri2: Where are my highlights !!!!
where can i find my highlights? i have been highlighting some paragraphs but i dont know where are they going or where are they available. I have googled "Highlighter log in" with not avail. The Highlighter Chrome store information is hopeless in this regard. Can you please help thank you. I am using chrome browser on windows 10.
- (2021-10-16, v:3.1.2) fhj 52: Highlighter has lost usefulness
I use Opera desktop, a Chromium browser, on MS Win 10. Highlighter has been reliable and helpful. I like the simplicity quite a lot(tho' do wish for more colors). Thank you for making it available. However, "Highlighter" stopped working properly a few weeks ago(Sep 2021) and extension is still broken: a)Won't separate individual text highlights for copy and instead copies all highlights on a page. b)Forces all highlights to be same color when the color is changed for one highlighted text section. The latter is quite irritating since there is no work around and I use the colors to indicate level of importance and make scanning the text later for important points easier/faster. Also, months ago it began highlighting some texts on a page that I never highlighted. It appears random but M/B position related as sometimes only part of a sentence is highlighted and the color is inconsistent with other nearby text. AFAICT, the text that gets highlighted is new text that was niot present the last time I visited the page. The pages are web pages that are updated regularly, including search engine pages; have never seen that occur on any other type of page. Thanks for listening and please fix, IYC.
- (2021-10-03, v:3.1.2) Sally Lee: Small feature request
Would love to be able to map a shortcut to export all highlights to the clipboard. and maybe custom highlighting colours? Thank you for the awesome app!
- (2021-09-22, v:3.1.2) Katharina Müller: Highlights arent stored
Recently the highlighter changed. When I highlight a page I cant remove individual highlights anymore it deletes all. Also it doesnt save the highlights any longer when I come back to the page!!!!!
- (2021-09-07, v:3.1.2) H S: Sync to another computer?
Is there a way to sync the highlights so they are available on a different computer?
- (2021-09-05, v:3.1.2) Scott Franklin: Highlighter NOT Highlighting
Im using a Mac OSX, Google Chrome Browser I've downloaded extension and it is activated. When highlighting a page with my cursor > then clicking to bring up highlighter...nothing highlights. This is the same problem with all other chrome extension highlighters as well. Highlighter has worked in the past (many years ago) Not sure what the problem is. Please advise - Thank you
- (2021-09-02, v:3.1.2) David von Rosenberg: Highlights which are not mine just showed up in my Chrome browser
Hi, I just opened a new NYT article I've never read before and some highlights which are not mine showed up in my Chrome browser.
- (2021-08-16, v:3.1.2) Gintaras Grėbliūnas: Highlighted text on dark themed background is barely visible
For example dark theme youtube comment or even worse dark theme github readme files because text there is gray and is even harder to see
- (2021-07-31, v:3.1.2) Jan Rifkinson: could have been great....
Unfortunately :-( this extension does not work w Vivaldi browser which is compatible with Chrome. Sorry. Maybe you can fix this......?
- (2021-07-23, v:3.1.2) Mikhail Shikhmuradov: More colors
Great extension, thank you! But can you please add the option to increase the number of colors?
- (2021-07-17, v:3.1.2) Peter Kertas: Not working
I have installed the app. When I try to highlight some text, it is not working
- (2021-07-10, v:3.1.2) masumeh hamidia: increase more color
Please increase more colors selected. These colors can not be used for chrome pages in dark mode.
- (2021-06-03, v:3.1.2) Turan Kibar: How to copy all highlights?
I can copy individual highlights but is there a way to copy all highlights I did in a page?
- (2021-05-23, v:3.1.2) Kapil Nigam: Please give an option in which, it makes a record of users highlighted items.
Following are my suggestions (1) Highlight websites and PDFs with multiple colors, and make annotations. Revisit them with a single click (2) Organise our highlights into folders and sub-folders. (3) Create citations automatically for your highlights.
- (2021-04-25, v:3.1.2) bruce westfall: whats been highlighted
Is there a way to see pages i've highlighted? I forget alot. Even if i have to use a database program. just wondering where data is stored. Everything works fine for me!
- (2021-03-05, v:3.1.2) Leah Scher: Highlight History
How can I find my highlight history from ex-ed out pages?
- (2021-02-23, v:3.1.2) sachin rawani: Feature Request
I love This Tool Simple and Efficient, only one feature is missing i.e. syncing across all devices. If that will be added then it will be become more awesome. Thanks for this amazing extension.
- (2021-02-17, v:3.1.2) SH: Add Comments
Can you add text as comment, it will be a good feature.
- (2021-02-07, v:3.0.0) Peter Smith: deleting a single highlight
When I select a highlight that I want to delete, I am unable to do so. I can't see the trashcan icon. Could you send me instructions on how to delete a single highlight? Thanks.
- (2021-01-30, v:3.0.0) Asitha Fernando: Not Working
I can see the Highlight option in the right click menu but it doesn't work.
- (2021-01-10, v:3.0.0) Mansi Singh: highlighter not working
hii, the option of highlighter shown but not working ?.
- (2021-01-08, v:3.0.0) Matt Ball: Highlighted Text
Is it possible to see some type of index of all your past highlights? Not just one my current webpage.
- (2020-12-16, v:3.0.0) Judith Valery: What is the shortcut for Mac?
What is the shortcut for Mac? I tried command+shift+h, control+shift+h and they don't work. Let me know please.
- (2020-11-15, v:3.0.0) Kev Simpson: Images not loading
This extension looks good but one problem i have found is if you go to a site with images some or all don't display. I tried several things including clearing cache and cookies in Chrome and Edge, i disabled the app and images loaded. Disabled the extension until fixed
- (2020-10-11, v:3.0.0) Dogs Are the Best: Ability to undo the last action
I highlighted some parts on a webpage. Then I accidentally highlighted the entire page, including the parts that were previously highlighted. I couldn't find a way to undo the last action. Is there a way to do that? If not, this would be a good feature to enable. In this case, deleting the highlighted part with the trash icon, which didn't appear this time, but even if it did appear, this wouldn't fix the problem because I accidentally highlighted over previously highlighted parts. Is there a way to undo the last highlight that was applied?
- (2020-09-13, v:3.0.0) Kim Yun: Sync on devices
Hi how do you sync the highlights from one device to another? I've already synced my chrome data and all (inc the highlighter) but the text I've highlighted on my bookmarked pages are nowhere to be found.
- (2020-08-07, v:3.0.0) John Abletis: deleting a highlighted text
I just want to ask how can I delete a highlighted text? Is there some way where I can just click the delete button on my keyboard?
- (2020-07-25, v:3.0.0) André Chénier: Fonctionne pas sur mon chromebook
Rien n'arrive quand je souligne.
- (2020-07-18, v:3.0.0) Rasega P: Working issue
Not working for me. i have installed the app. When I try to highlight some text, it is not working .Can you help me out understand how to use it
- (2020-07-12, v:3.0.0) Eric Griesheimer: It Doesn't Work
I installed the app. I selected some browser page text, then right clicked and selected Highlight. Nothing happened.
- (2020-07-11, v:3.0.0) Thej Kiran: small monies
I want to give a small amount to you... how can people do that? Why isn't your detail available here in support, for people .