This extension draws a square which can be resized and dragged to highlight whatever part of the page before capturing it.
Not only allows to capture a visible area of current browser's tab, but also gives an ability to highlight specific areas of it before capturing. ## To highlight areas ## Select Highlight and Capture->Square Here! from the context menu. The red square appears. You can resize it and drag. Also you can create as many highlighters as you want. To delete them just double-click on them! ## To take screenshot ## Select Highlight and Capture->Capture! from the context menu. The image of the visible area of current window opens in new window.
- (2020-04-08) Michael White: VERY suspicious! And doesn't work. Like, at all. Possibly just a scam to read and edit all of your site data, as that is what the extension lists as it's sole permission requirement. Which doesn't make any sense. Like, why would you need to access, edit and change any and all of my website data just to take a screenshot? Sounds pretty phishy to me. Plus, when editing the permissions, i tried changing it to "only allow for certain sites" as well as "only allow when clicked" - but the extension automatically disabled itself unless it's allowed to access ALL site data at ALL times. Again, very fishy. But the cherry on top of it all is the fact that this stupid extension doesn't even work. I mean, yeah, it'll let you draw a resizable red box around stuff. But there's no way to actually save as an image what you highlighted with said red box. So all it actually does is let you draw useless red boxes around things on the page. Also, the "capture" function in the menu doesn't work either. When clicking "capture", the only thing that happens is a new blank tab opens. No screenshot or image is saved whatsoever. So, basically - this extension is 100% completely useless, and possibly dangerous.
- (2016-09-25) really nice tool
- (2013-10-16) Miguel Bento: Great tool to solve a common necessity, take screenshots quickly and effortlessly.
- (2013-10-01) Luís Cardoso: It does what it says it does. Nice!
- (2013-09-27) João Nuno Silva: Perfect for highlighting regions before taking a screenshot!
- (2016-01-28, v:1.5) breaking responsive pages
I'm using Jira in my daily work and by having this extension enabled it is breaking the resizing on responsive pages (agile dashboard)
- (2014-03-07, v:1.5) Jenny Glozshtein: doesn't work
no red sqaure to enable me to highlight appears. I press "capture!" or "sqaure here!", and - nothing.