Click, or press CTRL+SHIFT+S to drop the current ServiceNow page into the ServiceNow frame - By The SN Guys: www.snprotips.com
TLDR: SN Framerizer is a simple, extremely lightweight Chrome extension that provides a button in your Chrome extensions bar (usually to the right of your URL bar/omnibox). When clicked, this button takes the current ServiceNow page you're in, and drops it into the ServiceNow frame, including the application navigator and banner header. Simply click the browser icon or press CTRL+SHIFT+R to drop the current ServiceNow page, into the ServiceNow frame. More Information: Have you ever opened a record, list, or link to a ServiceNow page in a new tab? Maybe you middle-clicked a link, or used CTRL+Click, or maybe you right-clicked and chose "open in new tab/window". You may have noticed that this generally takes you OUT of the ServiceNow frame, as you can see in our screenshot. If, like me, you find yourself often wanting to return to the same page you're currently on, except in the ServiceNow frame, this extension is made for you. Simply click the extension icon to the right of your URL bar/omnibox, and the page you're on will be dropped into the ServiceNow frame. After installing the extension, be sure to remember to drag the SN Framerizer extension icon next to your URL bar/omnibox, with the rest of your commonly used extensions.
- (2020-02-06) Axel Vekemans: so useful! I use it countless times everyday
- (2018-09-24) Julie Cross: Wish ServiceNow gave me a way to get back the frame without a Chrome extension, but I'm happy to report this works perfectly and is super easy to install and use. Thank you so much for writing it and making it available.
- (2018-09-17) Brent Llewellyn: Does exactly what it says it does. It would be nice if it could go both ways though. So that it would take you out of the ServiceNow frame or back in depending on whether you were already in the frame.
- (2017-08-23) Paul Gerigk: Simple & usefull!
- (2017-04-05) Manoj Sirimalla: Awesome!! extension that is really helpful.
- (2016-11-12) Tim SNG: I kinda made this, so I pretty much love it. B-)
- (2020-11-25, v:18.104.22.168) Johan Gyldenkærne: Search Query / Filter is lost
Just as Volker Voit writes, I loose the search query. Before: https://DEV.service-now.com/sys_script_include_list.do?sysparm_userpref_module=6c4f6d60dbbcd810449386323996196b&sysparm_query=sys_id%3Dfdfeed60dbbcd81044938632399619ff%5EEQ&sysparm_clear_stack=true After: https://DEV.service-now.com/nav_to.do?uri=%2Fsys_script_include_list.do%3Fsysparm_userpref_module%3D6c4f6d60dbbcd810449386323996196b Does this information help you?
- (2018-08-10, v:22.214.171.124) Trixie Lulamoon: Doesn't work for on-prem installs
This doesn't work with on-prem installations of ServiceNow with URLs that don't contain "service-now.com" in them. Can you please make an options page where we can specify other domains this should work in?
- (2017-05-31, v:126.96.36.199) Volker Voit: Search Query gets lost
When on a table with filters and clicking the button or using the hotkey the search criteria is lost.