Extension to retheme, repair, and expand functions for Insanejournal, brought to you by your friendly neighborhood Tessisamess!
From an updated look, to repaired and completely new site features, Sanity's ultimate goal is to give users the things they need. It's 2018, and the internet is a very different place than it was ten—or even five!—years ago. The evolution of the internet means sites need to evolve with it or get left in the dust. Unfortunately (but understandably), a lot of the tools we love to use for our journaling sites have long since been abandoned, so I decided to create an extension with the hopes of breathing new life into Insanejournal, both in appearance and function. Whether you're a roleplayer, a personal blogger, or you post fanfiction or resources, Sanity's here to help make your experience better. Sanity doesn't focus on one type of site user so much as all of us! While the majority of us are here to roleplay and/or create related resources for the hobby, all the tools I've integrated into the Sanity extension are here to fit any need!
- (2018-09-16) Natalie Ober: Holy carp, never has IJ looked so good. I can't get over what a difference Sanity makes. I usually use Dreamwidth for all my journaling needs, because what they lack in icon space they make up for in aesthetics, but with Sanity installed, I've been using IJ more and more. It's so crisp, so clean, and pleasing to use. I could never go back to a life without Sanity!
- (2018-07-21) margot casten: *"Finally" by CeCe Peniston starts playing* Looks amazing!
- (2018-07-08) G K B: I absolutely love what this extension has done for the site. Having gone from Livejournal to Insanejournal one of the things I find so frustrating about the IJ is the looks exactly the way it did when I first signed up. Sanity gives it a fresh look, and I love the added features that resolve long-standing site issues. The overhaul of "My IJ" and the functioning character counter on comments? Love it so much. As someone who runs a game on the site, I will be promoting it for my user group and hope it overall enhances everyone's time on IJ.
- (2018-07-07) El Noble: What do you do when you're already supplying the cleanest, most user-friendly layouts and in-entry codes on IJ? Apparently you move on to making the site itself cleaner and more user-friendly! This extension gives me pretty much everything I've wished for from IJ over the years I've been using it, and some features that I didn't even realize I needed (character counts!!!). Even better, it's all for less than you'd pay for a single permanent account. And, with it being a Tessisamess product, you know you're going to get the best support for it that it's possible for a single person to give. If you use IJ extensively, you need this extension. Period. It's going to change your life. I already don't want to imagine going back to using IJ without it!
- (2018-07-07) Dee Lane: This is an exceptionally user friendly and functional extension. Easy to use and so much nicer to look at. The additional features make IJ browsing and general appearance all the more better. Like the select all functions on userpics, comments and on notification pages. Alerts for PM's is something that's been largely needed for IJ, and this extension allows for it. It's sleek and stylish, breaks up the clumps of style editing in the S2 format and it replaces some of the outdated and clumpy icons with really subtle and attractive ones. There's a character count so you know when your post or comment are getting near the quota, which is so helpful for those of us who ramble a lot. It's an absolute treat for the eyes, and makes using IJ all the more friendlier. I'm really excited for this extension and the ease of use it's going to allow.
- (2020-06-25, v:0.0.6) Meghan Ford: Using both Sanity and LJ Juggler extensions.
Is it not possible to use both? I've been using LJ Juggler to switch accounts and just added Sanity as well. I like it, but it doesn't seem that LJ Juggler is working now. Are they incompatible?
- (2020-04-08, v:0.0.6) Matt Hayduke: Posts using bulleted lists are not displaying correctly
If I post something using OL tags, it still breaks up the text like it knows it's there, but there's no bullets/numbers. If I view the same post in Edge, for example, it's fine. If you'd like a screenshot comparison, let me know, but I'll assume you can replicate this pretty easily.
- (2020-02-13, v:0.0.6) Paula M.O.: Browse Button Doesn't Work
When you're commenting someone and you click browse to see which icon you'd like to use, it doesn't do anything. It's like the browse function is broken.
- (2018-09-23, v:0.0.1) Andrea Hayduke: Search bar
I haven't figured out if the search bar is missing or if it's been moved, but I'd like to request it come back? I use it a lot to find journals for renaming, or go to journals without logging in on a different character etc - typing the name up in the url bar works to an extent BUT IJ is listed as an untrusted site for me, so often it gives me errors and issues. Thank you!