A simple chrome tab renamer extension
Lets you rename the title of the any tab. Very handy when you feel your tab title need more descriptive or personalized names. Also, the title sticks to the tab even if you navigate to a different page within the same tab! Note: This may not work on websites (Ex: chrome webstore, facebook etc) which do not get affected by this tab title change.
- (2020-03-03) Waldo Gonzalez: My colleagues and I always have tons of tabs open, and our primary internal system often logs us out (wisely, for security reasons) of different pages we may be working on. This extension is invaluable both in quickly seeing what I have open, and in knowing what to go back to after being logged out. It is so simple and user friendly, and does exactly what I need it to.
- (2020-03-02) Chris Larkin: Doesn't work on Google tabs (like Google Ads)
- (2020-02-05) clintonjnelson: LOVE this plugin. Quick & simple. I use it constantly to clarify tabs. Also helpful when presenting.
- (2019-09-20) Wariobros194: good but i couldn't make it stick when i closed the tab and reopened, as i tried to remame Vyond to GoAnimate
- (2019-07-17) Willis Gómez: Works as described. I only wish that I could save a list of regular names. I have 8 duplicates of the same site that I have to rename every day. Otherwise, it is the close I can get to a perfect solution. Thank you for making this.
- (2018-09-30) Scott Luepke: Did not work for me.
- (2018-09-05) Kevin McCarpenter: Didn't work -- asked me to reload a tab. My use case: I have 6 tabs open of the same site making AJAX requests. Why I hated it: When I typed in a name, it told me an error occurred, and asked me to reload one of the pages. Nope, sorry.
- (2018-07-10) Cameron Scarlett: Works exactly as advertised, even survives page reloads when using on poe.trade.
- (2018-06-19) Chris Hubick: Works as described. I only wish there was a context menu option to make it easier to use if I hide the icon.
- (2018-04-22) Hel Lo: Useful! I wish it could be persistent and remember what I renamed it as whenever I open that same URL, but other than that it's great.
- (2018-01-06) Michal Baňas: you cant change tab name of pdf file, this would ease work a lot!
- (2017-12-12) Tracey C: Custom tab names persist even when navigating within sub-pages of a site. Exactly what I needed for testing different versions of a website.
- (2017-08-29) Carlos Correa: Works!
- (2016-10-07) luigi chianura: REALLY EASY!!!
- (2016-07-18) Bryan Guerre: Got this for work, so far working as advertised!
- (2015-11-06) Sascha M: Exakt die Erweiterung, die ich gebraucht habe. Insbesondere bei der Arbeit mit verschiedenen webbasierten Anwendungen kommt man schnell durcheinander, wenn der Tabname immer der gleiche ist. Die meisten anderen Extensions vergessen den geänderten Titel, nicht so diese Variante. Ideal also, um fokussiert bestimmte Tabs für bestimmte Aufgaben vorzusehen und dabei die Übersicht zu behalten.
- (2020-02-20, v:2.1) Matt Squicciarini: Shortcut Key
This extension is great. So simple and easy to use. I love that the enter key renames the tab where some others make you click the button with the mouse. In a similar fashion I would really love to be able to use a shortcut key to rename a tab so the mouse isn't necessary at all.
- (2019-02-15, v:2.1) Richard Gross: Simple Tab Renamer
Are you the right person to contact for issues with Simple Tab Renamer on Firefox?
- (2018-07-11, v:2.1) Jenny Allar: Error Occurred: Please reload tab and try again.
Has not worked on even one tab. Multiple chrome restarts and using most up to date version. Error came up with every attempt.
- (2018-05-07, v:2.1) William Glidden: Does not work
Rename Icon allows input of new name but Rename button does not do anything.
- (2016-12-11, v:1.0) KrazcyTha PrincyBoy: pleasse
keeep the tab new name after i close it and reopen please