Prevent digital eye strain with a simple reminder to 'look away' from the screen.
Eye strain is an unfortunate side-effect of staring at a computer screen for an extended period of time. According to the Mayo Clinic, simply giving your eyes a brief rest every 20 minutes goes a long way towards preventing eye strain. The 20/20/20 rule suggests giving your eyes a break by looking at something 20 feet away, but the Mayo Clinic tells us that simply closing your eyes for the same period of time is also acceptable. In either case, there are two issues with the 20/20/20 rule: 1) It's impossible for our brain to remember to do something every 20 minutes. 2) 20 minutes may not be a reasonable period of time for some people. Eye Rest aims to solve both issues by providing a configurable browser extension, which will unobtrusively remind you to rest your eyes every 20 minutes. You also have the option to adjust the time period, amount of time the reminder is displayed as well as the reminder message itself. Version 1.2 Update -------------------------------------------- Option to play a very short beep sound with the notification.
- (2020-03-05) Ella Rose Hope: didn't work at all
- (2019-03-16) Thành Nguyễn Chi: did'nt work
- (2018-11-16) Малика Галимжанова: Не работает
- (2016-09-08) Elaine Alona YU: doesn't work!!
- (2015-12-25) Corey Cheng: no visual reminder. just ding.
- (2015-11-02) Hanna: It only makes a sound, i receive no visual notification (as i was expecting).
- (2014-10-16) Rbs Tolichowki: good one
- (2014-08-25) Suman Sourabh: good app for eye
- (2014-05-29) Sonnet Ireland: It dings, but it doesn't give you a visual effect to make you stop looking at the computer. The dings were so small that I mistook them for email or Facebook notifications.
- (2014-04-29) Stephen Hogan: Doesn't recognize inactivity on the computer. Just unlocked mine after being away from it for an hour. 10 seconds later, tells me to give my eyes a break.