Effortlessly transfer data between a variety of educational platforms and your gradebook(s).
BRIEF: GradeTransferer saves time for teachers by seamlessly gathering data, auto-sorting it, and transferring it into the appropriate student grade fields in a grade book with the mere click of a button. It currently works with the following platforms: Grabbing Data: – Google Classroom – Schoology – Aleks (McGraw-Hill) – Edulastic – ZipGrade – Aspen (My Follett) – Study Island (Edmentum) – Google Sheets – Big Ideas Learning – Edhesive – Amplify – Socrative – Membean.com – AP Classroom (CollegeBoard) – your computer's clipboard Filling Data: – Genesis – Infinite Campus – PowerTeacher Pro – Aspen (My Follett) – Mastering (Pearson) – Synergy One would think grades entered into Google Classroom would be easily transferable into the school district supported grade book, however they are not. This leaves teachers with a time-consuming matching exercise for every student, assignment, comment, and update that was assigned and graded on Google Classroom, but then still needs to be inputted into the ‘real’ grade book (Genesis, Infinite Campus, PowerSchool Pro). This software addresses the issue, thereby freeing up teachers' time so they can focus more on their students and creating engaging lessons, instead of endlessly scrolling through their class roster hunting for names of where to input grades. This chrome-extension that can make a significant difference in a teacher’s life and workload. USE-OF-DATA DISCLOSURE: Grade Transferer does NOT store, collect, share, sell or otherwise transmit any student data at all for its own purpose or that of any third party. During use, student data is temporarily held in the authenticated user's local storage compartment within Google Chrome. For app development, marketing, improving user experience, and guiding future versions, Grade Transferer collects and transmits (via modern cryptography over a secure connection) for its own use the following personally identifiable data during use: – # of grades successfully transferred – name, username, school name, class name, and website url where GradeTransferer was used – Any browser generated error messages during use that impede the proper functioning of GradeTransferer ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Having been a teacher myself, and knowing how painstakingly cumbersome this task is, I wrote this app to help myself and colleagues and am now sharing it with the world so as to help as many teachers as possible. If it makes your life easier, please share it on social media, through email, through your union reps, or administration. No training or professional development is needed for its use, and it works on any type of machine that can run a Chrome browser and has Internet access, even Chromebooks! NOTE: While GradeTransferer works with a multitude of platforms and configurations, districts sometimes add their own unique twists and variables, which GradeTransferer then doesn’t recognize and therefore won't work. In this case, please submit a 'bug report' through the app so I can make some minor adjustments and make it work for you! PRIVACY: Grade Transferer does not store, collect, share, sell or otherwise transmit any student data at all for its own purpose or that of any third party. For app development purposes and better metrics of user interaction with Grade Transferer, the extension utilizes the Google Analytics API as well as custom scripts to gather and store the number of button clicks within the app interface, the URL (necessary to detect the grading platform used), the number of grades successfully transferred, and the name, username, school name, class name, and website name from where the data originated as well as any browser generated errors messages during its use that impede the proper functioning of GradeTransferer. This data is transmitted via modern cryptography over a secure connection. This data helps improve user experience, marketing, and guides updates for future versions. For its functionality, the app does temporarily store data locally (on the user's computer) during use in the authenticated user's own Chrome browser's storage segment until the user clears the data either by pressing "Fill Data" (with the 'Hold Data' checkbox unselected) or the 'Purge' button. When clicking the 'clipboard icon' in lieu of the 'Grab Data' button, Grade Transferer will use the computer's "clipboard" as the source for data rather than the currently open tab. When submitting a 'Bug Report', 'Feature Request' or 'Other' message using the built-in form within the app, the submitted message along with the URL of origin is sent to the developer and stored for reference to help improve future user experience. DISCLAIMER: While GradeTransferer is designed to grab and transfer data as accurately as possible, ensuring the validity of entered grades solely continues to be the responsibility of the user; GradeTrasnferer is merely a tool to help expedite the process. Changes in the platforms it utilizes (ie: Google Classroom, Aleks, Schoology, etc.) as well as variations in students data may cause unexpected results. GradeTransferer shows alerts of the grabbed data as well as the filled data so users can check the data being transferred and make corrections/discontinue its use and submit a bug report to get issues resolved. By using GradeTransferer, or submitting a bug report, feature request, or other message you agree to receive email communications with regards to GradeTransferer. UPDATE LOG: v1.1 – improved user prompts in case of errors, fixed broken links, added support for last names containing special characters (i.e.: O'brien, Abu-Shabel, etc.) v1.2 – added copyright information to code, simplified 'contact form' for bug-reporting v1.3 – added support for students with two last names (not hyphenated), fixed bug where transferred grades could not be saved v1.4 – fixed bug where app would store multiples of data, added version number indicator to splash screen v1.5 – updated to work with Google Classroom's new changes, notification summary now auto-removes duplicates, sorts by first name. Added support for future compatibility with PowerSchools alongside Genesis v1.6 – added 'purge' and 'view' buttons to help teachers better manage the data stored / cleared in GradeTransferer, fixed bug where in some cases data remnants remained and required browser hard-refresh to regain proper function v1.7 – support added for second grading platform (Infinite Campus), tweaked user messages, app now looks at url to determine grading platform and run appropriate scripts v1.71 – added patch to allow Infinite Campus users in other states to use GradeTransferer v1.72 – added option to 'hold data', added patch to work with different versions of Infinite Campus (fixes issue for out-of-state users), added framework to support Aleks, PowerSchool Pro, Skyward, & ProgressBook in the future, tweaked Google Analytics to provide more useful data, added custom analytics to help log type & number of grading platforms and users v1.73 – fixed bug where certain Infinite Campus platforms were not being recognized, partial support for Aleks (beta only) v1.80 – support added for two additional platforms (Aleks by McGraw Hill, and Edulastic), improved troubleshooting messages, added reload to Google Classroom pages to minimize cache issues, made 'Hold Data' functionality cross-platform, began work on custom options page, fine-tuned custom analytics v1.81 – temporary workaround for installation-error some users were getting as a result of the v1.80 update; looking into what is causing this error so it can be avoided in the future v1.82 – Google Classroom Questions now supported, not just Google Classroom Assignments. Alert shows in case of 'Hold Data' misuse. v1.83 – support added for exam page of Genesis, support for different Google Classroom name variations, workarounds for common errors encountered, briefcase icon to show storage count. v1.84 – bug squashed in Aleks that mistakenly grabbed the '9' from 2019 in rare cases. v1.90 – support added for Power Teacher Pro, Aspen, and ZipGrade; clipboard import from anywhere using Ctrl+C and then then clipboard icon in GradeTransferer is now fully supported (Google Docs, Sheets, Excel, PDFs, etc.). Tooltips after 2-seconds of hover added to help new users; support added for Exam section of Infinite Campus. v1.91 – support added for Study Island (Edmentum). v1.92 – configured for workability with odd student name fields (ie: "(Student)lastName.firstName"). v1.93 – added unavoidable prominent disclosure of personally identifiable data use, updated transmission of data to be via modern cryptography over a secure connection, restructured app to be more logical for developer, added support for Pearson's Mastering Series; tweaked 'hold data' function to display duplicates v1.94 – made grabbing data from Google Classroom near-instant, ironing out bugs, added support for very very long names in Infinite Campus, made filling data 50% faster in Infinite Campus v1.95 – patched bug where Google Classroom didn't grab data because it treated zeroes as empty cells v1.96 – support added for AP Classroom (by CollegeBoard), Edhesive (by Amazon), Amplify (by Pearson), Big Ideas Math (by Big Ideas Learning), enhanced algorithm for grabbing from clipboard, added social media stuff, squashed bugs with names in Infinite Campus v1.97 – support added for Membean.com and Synergy Gradebook, adjusted name matching for long names in Genesis, adjusted for AP Classroom's new layout, adjusted Infinite Campus code to work with really large (50+) classes
- (2020-01-05) Steve Hale: Using this has saved me so much time and hassle when transferring grades from Google Classroom to Infinite Campus. No more split screen and manual input!
- (2019-12-18) Ryan Schroder: A must have for Google Classroom and Infinite Campus users. Only small bugs when names don't match because of suffixe's or nicknames being used in Classroom. Those few updates are still faster than transferring all the grades manually. Just got the alert I've transferred over 1000 grades already with it and I didn't start using it until almost October of this year!
- (2019-12-17) Heather Sands: Best tool EVER for grading!
- (2019-12-12) Lindsey Stevenson: Love this! The only issue I have is that it causes my gradebook to log out frequently (like every few minutes) so I hit the save button often- still worth it!
- (2019-12-11) Jun Park: excellent
- (2019-12-08) Denton Taylor: Saves hour on hours. I am so glad that my teaching partner shared this with extension with me.
- (2019-12-05) Alec Weir: This extension is fantastic! It saves me so much time and aggravation from having to switch back and forth between Google Classroom and Aspen. I don't make typos, and I don't end up entering grades in the wrong column. This really takes the edge off of keeping my gradebook up to date.
- (2019-12-03) Jeanne Steele: This extensions saved my sanity! I've just begun to use the grading feature in Google Classroom because our District structure for displaying grades is pretty unfriendly for students and parents. I was willing to go through the duplicate work of entering grades twice and was whining about it when someone showed me Grade Transeferer. I love it because It grabs my students grades from WHATEVER order they are in, then matches it up with how they are ordered in our grading system. It's heavenly.
- (2019-12-03) Kevin Whitemyer: Saves me so much time and also keeps me from making mistakes in moving the grades from one gradebook to another!
- (2019-12-03) Wanda Reines: EASY TO USE, SAVES A TON OF TIME. CURRENTLY USING GOOGLE SHEETS PULLED FROM GOOGLE CLASSROOM TO GET GRADES INTO INFINITE CAMPUS!
- (2019-11-30) Paul Whiteman: When I first started teaching, I asked people about a better way to transfer grades from GC to Infinite Campus. There wasn't one. Entering grades twice for every assignment was tedious and time consuming. GT has saved me a lot of time and headaches. I highly recommend it!
- (2019-11-26) Cameron Green: Very needed. I'm glad someone made this.
- (2019-11-21) Amy Mayo: I love Grade Transferer! It is an absolute must-have! Thank you!!!!
- (2019-11-17) Candace Ingram: I am so grateful I was up late one night grading papers when I saw an e-mail pop up that had Grade Transferer information. It is easy to use and has saved me a ton of time. Thank you so very much!
- (2019-11-14) Reann Ford: I cannot explain how much time I have saved using this! It grabs data so easily from Google Classroom. I actually don't mind grading so much, because of this tool.
- (2019-11-05) Cris Stromberg: Anything I can download as a spreadsheet can go into google sheets, then right into Infinite Campus. Great tool!
- (2019-11-03) Patricia Philson: Huge time saver in transferring grades from Google Classroom to Infinite Campus. Wish I had found it sooner!
- (2019-10-30) David Martin: This app has been a huge time saver. I use Google Classroom and have to transfer my grades into Genesis. I've probably saved HOURS of time doing it by hand. Thank you!
- (2019-10-11) Ken Lynch: Works flawlessly and saves tons of time! Thank you!!!
- (2019-10-09) Maxwell Olsen: If you are a teacher, this is something that you NEED to have that will make your life a easier.
- (2019-10-03) Lorie Italiano-James: What a time saver! Absolutely love this feature!
- (2019-09-27) Hans Muehsler: A truly awesome application. What used to take me 30 minutes or more to manually copy grades, now takes me 10 minutes or less. I works between multiple programs and even copies data from spreadsheets (I tally test scores on a spreadsheet) into gradebooks. Technical support is quick and reliable. This extension is a must for any teacher.
- (2019-09-25) Rashad Davis: I find Grade Transferer to be an incredibly useful tool. The app lets me seamlessly transfer my grades from Google Classroom to Infinite Campus. It has saved me a tremendous amount of time!
- (2019-09-07) Jan Parker: Works perfectly with Google Classroom to Infinite Campus. You just made a LOT of teachers in my district happy! Huge time-saver and no more tedious grade entry - plus, no more having to enter grades more than once because the order of names in one system isn't the same as the other. Mistake-free, seems very reliable.
- (2019-08-16) Robin Morrissey: This will be a time saver, for me. I allow students to make-up assignments and submit them late. Now, keeping track of which grades I've entered will be much easier.
- (2019-12-02, v:1.96) Rebecca Worden: Synergy?
Will this app pull grades from Google Classroom to Synergy?
- (2019-12-02, v:1.96) Kurt Anderson: Not working with my district's Power School.
When I try to import grades I get the following message: This platform is unsupported for FILLING data. If you think you received this message by error, please refresh your browser and try again. If the issue persists, please submit a bug report through the GradeTransferer app itself. Is this something that you can solve or do I need to contact our district's tech support?
- (2019-11-05, v:1.96) Kellan Pine: Additional Platforms
Our school system uses Jumprope. Is there a plan to provide support for additional grading platforms in the future? This extension seems like it would be awesome if it supported our platform!
- (2019-10-24, v:1.96) Kathryn Breshears [Silverado HS]: Extension is not working
I use Grade Transferer with Google Classroom and Infinite Campus. The pop-up window is not appearing when I click the extension. I have tried refreshing the window, and removing the extension and re-installing it (and re-starting Chrome.) Help! I have 270 students.
- (2019-10-24, v:1.96) Ticey Christenson [East CTA]: Not working...
Yesterday it was working just fine, today I tried to click on it, and no popup. Not on my desktop or my laptop. Please advise.
- (2019-10-24, v:1.96) Samantha Lopez [Valley HS]: Extension no longer working
I click on the extension in google chrome and no pop-up appears
- (2019-10-24, v:1.96) Curtis Pilgreen [Legacy HS]: NOT WORKING
I click on the extension and no popup. Please advise.
- (2019-10-07, v:1.95) Brian Mahler: JMC
Any chance you'll support JMC soon?
- (2019-06-11, v:1.84) Kristine Schnittgen: Clipboard Icon not on my extension app
Hi! I have added the app to my extensions. I went to my Google Sheets and when I click on "Grab Data" it tells me that the platform isn't supported and to re-start and try again. I have re-started and even removed the extension and added it again. I don't have the clipboard icon my the storage icon either. Thanks! I'm on a Mac if that makes a difference.
- (2019-05-07, v:1.82) Martin Palermo: future development
Do you have any plans on adding the ability to do the same from a csv file of grades?
- (2019-03-21, v:1.73) Canvas
Will this work with Canvas which we use in Utah?
- (2019-03-12, v:1.73) Amy Fisher: Google classroom to genesis
I do not understand how to move an assignment over from google classroom to genesis. Your directions are not clear