Effortlessly transfer data between a variety of educational platforms and your gradebook(s).
BRIEF: GradeTransferer saves time for teachers by seamlessly gathering data, auto-sorting it, and transferring it into the appropriate student grade fields in a grade book with the mere click of a button; eliminating typos all the while saving time! It currently works with the following platforms: Grabbing Data: – Google Classroom – Schoology – Aleks (McGraw-Hill) – Edulastic – ZipGrade – Aspen (My Follett) – Study Island (Edmentum) – Google Sheets – Big Ideas Learning – Edhesive – Amplify – Socrative – Membean.com – AP Classroom (CollegeBoard) – your computer's clipboard – NoRedInk.com – goFormative Filling Data: – Genesis – Infinite Campus – PowerTeacher Pro – Aspen (My Follett) – Mastering (Pearson) – Synergy – Realtime ***GradeTransferer comes with a 7-day free trial, after which it requires a license (purchase one for your account, or get one for a friend, colleague, or even an entire district at www.gradetransferer.com/register).*** One would think grades entered into Google Classroom would be easily transferable into the school district supported grade book, however they are not. This leaves teachers with a time-consuming matching exercise for every student, assignment, comment, and update that was assigned and graded on Google Classroom, but then still needs to be inputted into the ‘real’ grade book (Genesis, Infinite Campus, PowerSchool Pro, etc.). This software addresses the issue, thereby freeing up teachers' time so they can focus more on their students and creating engaging lessons, instead of endlessly scrolling through their class roster hunting for names of where to input grades. This chrome-extension that can make a significant difference in a teacher’s life and workload. USE-OF-DATA DISCLOSURE: GradeTransferer does NOT store, collect, ship, share, sell or otherwise transmit any student data at all for its own purpose or that of any third party. To transfer data between your pages, GradeTransferer stores the data locally on your computer within your Chrome browser logged-in under your account. The data is erased and replaced with every new transfer. GradeTransferer collects and transmits (via modern cryptography over a secure connection) for its own use the following personally identifiable data of the user (ie: teacher) during use: – name, username, and email (used to authenticate the account) – # of grades successfully transferred (for app development & statistics) – website url where GradeTransferer is being used (to detect which gradebook you use) _________________________________________________________________________________________________ As a teacher myself, I know how painstakingly cumbersome re-entering grades is. I wrote this app to help myself and colleagues and am now sharing it with the world so as to help as many teachers as possible. If it makes your life easier and you think others would benefit from its use as well, please share it on social media, through email, through your union reps, and administration. No training or professional development is needed for its use, and it works on any type of machine that can run a Chrome browser and has Internet access, even Chromebooks! Helpful video tutorials are available through the app to get even the most technologically challenged up and running in mere minutes. NOTE: While GradeTransferer works with a multitude of platforms and configurations, districts sometimes add their own unique twists and variables, which GradeTransferer then doesn’t recognize and therefore won't work. In this case, please submit a 'bug report' through the app so I can make some minor adjustments and make it work for you! PRIVACY: GradeTransferer does not store, collect, share, sell or otherwise transmit any student data at all for its own purpose or that of any third party. For app development purposes and better metrics of user interaction with Grade Transferer, the extension utilizes the Google Analytics API as well as custom scripts to gather and store the number of button clicks within the app interface, the URL (necessary to detect the grading platform used), the number of grades successfully transferred, and the name, username, and email of the user (used to authenticate the user) as well as browser generated errors messages during its use that impede the proper functioning of GradeTransferer. This data is transmitted via modern cryptography over a secure connection. This data helps improve user experience, marketing, and guides updates for future versions. For its functionality, the app temporarily stores data locally (in the user's Chrome browser, signed in under their account) until the user clears the data either by pressing "Fill Data" (with the 'Hold Data' checkbox unselected) or the 'Purge' button. When clicking the 'clipboard icon' in lieu of the 'Grab Data' button, Grade Transferer will use the computer's "clipboard" as the source for data rather than the currently open tab. DISCLAIMER: While GradeTransferer is designed to grab and transfer data as accurately as possible, ensuring the validity of entered grades solely continues to be the responsibility of the user (ie: teacher); GradeTransferer is merely a tool to help expedite the process. Changes in the platforms it utilizes (ie: Google Classroom, Aleks, Schoology, etc.) as well as variations in students data may cause unexpected results. GradeTransferer shows alerts of the grabbed data as well as the filled data so users can check the data being transferred and make corrections/discontinue its use and submit a bug report to get issues resolved. By using GradeTransferer, or submitting a bug report, feature request, or other message you agree to receive email communications with regards to GradeTransferer. All product names, logos, and brands are property of their respective owners. All company, product and service names used in this app or on GradeTransferer.com are for identification purposes only. Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement. UPDATE LOG: v1.1 – improved user prompts in case of errors, fixed broken links, added support for last names containing special characters (i.e.: O'brien, Abu-Shabel, etc.) v1.2 – added copyright information to code, simplified 'contact form' for bug-reporting v1.3 – added support for students with two last names (not hyphenated), fixed bug where transferred grades could not be saved v1.4 – fixed bug where app would store multiples of data, added version number indicator to splash screen v1.5 – updated to work with Google Classroom's new changes, notification summary now auto-removes duplicates, sorts by first name. Added support for future compatibility with PowerSchools alongside Genesis v1.6 – added 'purge' and 'view' buttons to help teachers better manage the data stored / cleared in GradeTransferer, fixed bug where in some cases data remnants remained and required browser hard-refresh to regain proper function v1.7 – support added for second grading platform (Infinite Campus), tweaked user messages, app now looks at url to determine grading platform and run appropriate scripts v1.71 – added patch to allow Infinite Campus users in other states to use GradeTransferer v1.72 – added option to 'hold data', added patch to work with different versions of Infinite Campus (fixes issue for out-of-state users), added framework to support Aleks, PowerSchool Pro, Skyward, & ProgressBook in the future, tweaked Google Analytics to provide more useful data, added custom analytics to help log type & number of grading platforms and users v1.73 – fixed bug where certain Infinite Campus platforms were not being recognized, partial support for Aleks (beta only) v1.80 – support added for two additional platforms (Aleks by McGraw Hill, and Edulastic), improved troubleshooting messages, added reload to Google Classroom pages to minimize cache issues, made 'Hold Data' functionality cross-platform, began work on custom options page, fine-tuned custom analytics v1.81 – temporary workaround for installation-error some users were getting as a result of the v1.80 update; looking into what is causing this error so it can be avoided in the future v1.82 – Google Classroom Questions now supported, not just Google Classroom Assignments. Alert shows in case of 'Hold Data' misuse. v1.83 – support added for exam page of Genesis, support for different Google Classroom name variations, workarounds for common errors encountered, briefcase icon to show storage count. v1.84 – bug squashed in Aleks that mistakenly grabbed the '9' from 2019 in rare cases. v1.90 – support added for Power Teacher Pro, Aspen, and ZipGrade; clipboard import from anywhere using Ctrl+C and then then clipboard icon in GradeTransferer is now fully supported (Google Docs, Sheets, Excel, PDFs, etc.). Tooltips after 2-seconds of hover added to help new users; support added for Exam section of Infinite Campus. v1.91 – support added for Study Island (Edmentum). v1.92 – configured for workability with odd student name fields (ie: "(Student)lastName.firstName"). v1.93 – added unavoidable prominent disclosure of personally identifiable data use, updated transmission of data to be via modern cryptography over a secure connection, restructured app to be more logical for developer, added support for Pearson's Mastering Series; tweaked 'hold data' function to display duplicates v1.94 – made grabbing data from Google Classroom near-instant, ironing out bugs, added support for very very long names in Infinite Campus, made filling data 50% faster in Infinite Campus v1.95 – patched bug where Google Classroom didn't grab data because it treated zeroes as empty cells v1.96 – support added for AP Classroom (by CollegeBoard), Edhesive (by Amazon), Amplify (by Pearson), Big Ideas Math (by Big Ideas Learning), enhanced algorithm for grabbing from clipboard, added social media stuff, squashed bugs with names in Infinite Campus v1.97 – support added for Membean.com and Synergy Gradebook, adjusted name matching for long names in Genesis, adjusted for AP Classroom's new layout, adjusted Infinite Campus code to work with really large (50+) classes v1.98 – patch from Membean.com where GradeTransferer was throwing an error v1.99 – UI redesign, firebase integration w/ licensing, RealTime, NoRedInk, goFormative support added; auto-detecting URL now toggleable, Aspen jQuery conflict fix, NameDiscrepancyFixer, Fill-missing-as feature, data scaling feature
- (2020-04-16) Brittany Forgrove: The Grade Transferer has made grading so much easier! My sanity thanks you!
- (2020-04-13) Tat Yan: The ONE tool teachers need in your toolbox. Big time SAVER (50X faster than manual transfer). Love the CLIPBOARD feature. Very EASY to use. EFFORTLESSLY grab and transfer your grades. I use the Grade Transferer "clipboard" feature to Grab grades from my intermedia Google Sheets and Transfer to my Infinite Campus in less than a minute per class. :)
- (2020-04-01) Lizaida Montesino: Heavens Lord, my life just became a lot easier. It saves me a lot of time and gives me extra time to do other daily activities. David is quick to respond to emails. I love my job, however, I enjoy it more now thanks to Grade transferer.
- (2020-03-27) William Finnegan: This is an absolutely necessary tool. Very helpful. There are some features I wish it had, like being able to copy and paste multiple classes at a time, but I still can't believe I used to transfer grades manually in the past.
- (2020-03-26) Steve Balbier: This is the greatest invention. I wish I knew about it years ago... so many weekends I would have saved.
- (2020-03-25) Marc Tyson: This is essential. Saves a tremendous amount of time and is super easy to use. Love it.
- (2020-03-18) Deana Zorko: This has made my teacher life so much easier and productive.
- (2020-03-01) Anna Kertesz: This saves teachers so much time! There is no app out there like this. It supports almost every grading platform there is.
- (2020-02-28) Kertesz Kinga: This is super easy to use and it saves me hours each week!
- (2020-02-27) Lindsay Newark: This is such a life safer when entering grades. It saves so much time and as a teacher we can always use ways to make our work load lighter.
- (2020-02-17) Maria Loyd: So much easier to enter grades into Infinite Campus now. I only wish it allowed grades to be filled in two separate grade books without having to grab data twice.
- (2020-02-01) Stephen Bock: Great extension with developers that respond to feedback and update the extension based on user needs.
- (2020-01-30) Michael Rollins: Saves time and works like a charm! Must have for any teacher
- (2020-01-28) Paul Kasza: I used it to transfer grades from Google Sheets to Infinite campus. It takes a little bit of patience to set up, but once you've got it, you're good to go.
- (2020-01-27) Marc Sherman: Incredibly useful and easy to use! Makes grade inputting forever easierer :)
- (2020-01-05) Steve Hale: Using this has saved me so much time and hassle when transferring grades from Google Classroom to Infinite Campus. No more split screen and manual input!
- (2019-12-18) Ryan Schroder: A must have for Google Classroom and Infinite Campus users. Only small bugs when names don't match because of suffixe's or nicknames being used in Classroom. Those few updates are still faster than transferring all the grades manually. Just got the alert I've transferred over 1000 grades already with it and I didn't start using it until almost October of this year!
- (2019-12-17) Heather Sands: Best tool EVER for grading!
- (2019-12-12) Lindsey Stevenson: Love this! The only issue I have is that it causes my gradebook to log out frequently (like every few minutes) so I hit the save button often- still worth it!
- (2019-12-11) Jun Park: excellent
- (2019-12-08) Denton Taylor: Saves hour on hours. I am so glad that my teaching partner shared this with extension with me.
- (2019-12-05) Alec Weir: This extension is fantastic! It saves me so much time and aggravation from having to switch back and forth between Google Classroom and Aspen. I don't make typos, and I don't end up entering grades in the wrong column. This really takes the edge off of keeping my gradebook up to date.
- (2019-12-03) Jeanne Steele: This extensions saved my sanity! I've just begun to use the grading feature in Google Classroom because our District structure for displaying grades is pretty unfriendly for students and parents. I was willing to go through the duplicate work of entering grades twice and was whining about it when someone showed me Grade Transeferer. I love it because It grabs my students grades from WHATEVER order they are in, then matches it up with how they are ordered in our grading system. It's heavenly.
- (2019-12-03) Kevin Whitemyer: Saves me so much time and also keeps me from making mistakes in moving the grades from one gradebook to another!
- (2019-12-03) Wanda Reines: EASY TO USE, SAVES A TON OF TIME. CURRENTLY USING GOOGLE SHEETS PULLED FROM GOOGLE CLASSROOM TO GET GRADES INTO INFINITE CAMPUS!
- (2020-06-24, v:1.99) Fallon Carty: Skyward
Hello! Do you know when this extension will be available for use with Skyward? This would save me A TON of time and I would love to use it! But my district unfortunately uses Skyward. =( Thanks! ~Fallon
- (2020-06-17, v:1.99) Lance Loiselle: New Update not working with Chrome
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OPFweD3O2JsY16r8BxmVtTQwsBoHGDyV/view This is for account [email protected] for use between Google Classroom and ASPEN. Also I reinstalled it and now apparently I have been opted out of the the Early Discount for September. I can't be the only person having this issue.
- (2020-06-12, v:1.98) Naomy: Students
The GradeTransferer only takes 5 students at a time instead of all my students who completed my assignment. Is there a way to solve this?
- (2020-06-04, v:1.98) Jason Jason: Nice work!
Nice job Dave!
- (2020-05-24, v:1.98) Vanina Gabriela Arijón: Transfering to Excel
Is it possible to transfer grades from Google Classroom to a particular Excel file from my computer?
- (2020-05-05, v:1.98) Victor Pokorny: Inconsistent names between Infinite Campus and Google Classroom
Hi there, I love the extension and have been using it for a while now! I have an issue where the last names of my students are different between Infinite Campus and Google Classroom. It is especially an issue with students with multiple last names (e.g. it will be John AdamCarson in Google Classroom, but John Adam Carson in Infinite Campus (fake name obviously!)). When I try to transfer grades for these students will be left blank. Is there any way to fix this issue? Thanks!
- (2020-05-03, v:1.98) Danielle Harris Lacasale: Unable to transfer
Hello... Thank you for sharing your talents and creating Grade Transferer. I am getting error messages galore which is what prompted me to write to you. I have the extension added. I grab the data from Google Classroom. I get a message that I successfully grabbed the data. I hope up the assignment list in Power School. I click on the first name in the assignment and press fill data. I get an error message that says "0 data was transferred". Can you please advise me how else I can try to use this extension? Thank you.
- (2020-04-30, v:1.98) Laura Funk: Schoology?
I cannot get this to work from schoology to Infinite Campus. A tutorial would be fantastic because I am tech savvy and nothing is working.
- (2020-04-15, v:1.98) Caitlin Dabkowski: google classroom to powerteacher pro
When I use it to transfer grades, it does not automatically go from one student to the next. Instead I have to keep clicking "Fill data". Is there a way to fix this? I was able to copy from google classroom fine but then in Power Teacher Pro, I have to click "fill data" so with 160 students that is more time consuming then entering them manually.
- (2020-04-13, v:1.98) Lisa Henkel: Having trouble getting google classroom to transfer grades to IC
Hi there, This is the first time I have attempted to use your product. I cannot seem to get it to work. I have watched several tutorials and restarted my browser numerous times. It seems like a great idea! Can you help me troubleshoot?
- (2020-02-04, v:1.98) Mr. Jenkins: Remove forced Rating Button
My school has blocked my account from rating anything on Google, so even if I wanted to, I can't. So, could you please remove the pop up after transferring my grades telling me I've transferred so many that I must like your app (which I do) and push the only button available to you to force you to opening another tab and ruin all your progress. If you could fix this or give me another button, or show me another button that I'm missing to solve my issue, I would really appreciate it.
- (2020-02-03, v:1.98) Matthew Zuech: review-
My school account does not allow a review. The program is excellent. But the requirement to do a review is cumbersome since I can't write one. Thanks, [email protected]
- (2020-01-29, v:1.98) Donna Canuel-Browne: students/roster
I am sharing a Google classroom with another teacher, but we have different Aspen accounts. Grades do not transfer because (I believe)the rosters don't match. Is there any way around this? I love, love,love your program.
- (2020-01-29, v:1.98) Elizabeth Brooking: Google classroom to PowerSchool
Love this idea, but I can't get more than one grade to post from Classroom to Powerschool. What am I doing wrong.
- (2020-01-21, v:1.97) Jordan Grimes: Transferring Grades
Not all my grades are transferring when I create a transfer... It seems like the last 1/4 or so of students (alphabetically) don't get their grades. Any suggestions? Thank You
- (2019-12-02, v:1.96) Rebecca Worden: Synergy?
Will this app pull grades from Google Classroom to Synergy?
- (2019-12-02, v:1.96) Kurt Anderson: Not working with my district's Power School.
When I try to import grades I get the following message: This platform is unsupported for FILLING data. If you think you received this message by error, please refresh your browser and try again. If the issue persists, please submit a bug report through the GradeTransferer app itself. Is this something that you can solve or do I need to contact our district's tech support?
- (2019-11-05, v:1.96) Kellan Pine: Additional Platforms
Our school system uses Jumprope. Is there a plan to provide support for additional grading platforms in the future? This extension seems like it would be awesome if it supported our platform!
- (2019-10-24, v:1.96) Kathryn Breshears [Silverado HS]: Extension is not working
I use Grade Transferer with Google Classroom and Infinite Campus. The pop-up window is not appearing when I click the extension. I have tried refreshing the window, and removing the extension and re-installing it (and re-starting Chrome.) Help! I have 270 students.
- (2019-10-24, v:1.96) Ticey Christenson [East CTA]: Not working...
Yesterday it was working just fine, today I tried to click on it, and no popup. Not on my desktop or my laptop. Please advise.
- (2019-10-24, v:1.96) Samantha Lopez [Valley HS]: Extension no longer working
I click on the extension in google chrome and no pop-up appears
- (2019-10-24, v:1.96) Curtis Pilgreen [Legacy HS]: NOT WORKING
I click on the extension and no popup. Please advise.
- (2019-10-07, v:1.95) Brian Mahler: JMC
Any chance you'll support JMC soon?
- (2019-06-11, v:1.84) Kristine Schnittgen: Clipboard Icon not on my extension app
Hi! I have added the app to my extensions. I went to my Google Sheets and when I click on "Grab Data" it tells me that the platform isn't supported and to re-start and try again. I have re-started and even removed the extension and added it again. I don't have the clipboard icon my the storage icon either. Thanks! I'm on a Mac if that makes a difference.
- (2019-05-07, v:1.82) Martin Palermo: future development
Do you have any plans on adding the ability to do the same from a csv file of grades?