Display consumes a lot of power, this extension turns screen dark and text bright, so that reading time on battery is extended.
Most of the blogs, online articles have white background and darker text. This makes display use more energy to keep majority of pixels bright. So this extension turns the background dark and only light up the text-pixels.
- (2019-01-25) same as @adam warren
- (2018-12-14) Adam Warren: Utter nonsense. The "power saving" changes this extension makes - making white things black - WOULD work... on an AM/OLED display. On OLED displays, pixels that are pure black are turned completely off and don't light up at all, which does save some battery. On phones with OLED or AMOLED displays, you are likely to see some battery savings by doing this. However, on desktop or laptop PCs, the chances of you having an OLED or AMOLED display are very, very, very low. Virtually no laptops have this. Therefore, this extension is total nonsense. Do not install it.
- (2018-11-12) Marita Zekry: Didn't work at all. Don't waste your time on this.
- (2017-06-04) music8animal2009: i doesn't work
- (2016-10-02) Martin Ferenec: It does work but on some pages it doesn't. Please fix this!
- (2016-08-25) Luke Reedy: it doesnt work for me at all
- (2016-08-13) Mandy Sowell: It doesn't work for me.