A chrome extension for downloading Moodle resources
An open source chrome extension that enables students to download Moodle resources with a click of a button 💾 Usage 🖱 1. Login in to your moodle (for example https://moodle.vle.monash.edu) 2. Open the Resources section for the course you wish to download the content for 3. Click on the extension icon and select the resources to be downloaded. Click and drag or use ⌘ key to select multiple options: 4. Hit the Download button to get the resources! source code: https://github.com/harsilspatel/MoodleDownloader
- (2020-08-03) Andres Santos: Muy util
- (2020-07-31) Tomas H: Huge thanks for this, saved me a lot of time! Amazing tool! There are some issues with German "Umlaute" - Files or sections with "ä, ö, ü" When a file has one of those letter in the name, it is replaced by a blank and when a section has it, no folder is created for the section, the files are downloaded without a folder But still, would definitely recommend, those minor issues can be fixed manually if needed
- (2020-07-28) Thomas_55: Best tool you could wish for in the chrome web store.
- (2020-07-23) Adele Bezuidenhout: Very helpful thank you!
- (2020-07-18) Kirtan Padh: Works really well!
- (2020-07-18) Andy Toyne: Awesome, Worked great downloading CQU resources from Moodle
- (2020-07-01) Yash Kewalramani: Super helpful
- (2020-06-29) Nico Huster: Thank You for developing this great tool! It is really good to be able downloading all the files at one time and to have them organized. If You have time and motivation maybe You can provide download functions for links and databases like zipped folders too. ;D Thanks! :D
- (2020-06-26) Connie KK: Super fast and helpful, especially for those huge courses where you want to be sure you didn't miss a file with all the clicking. Especially the organization into folders is a dream come true ^_^
- (2020-06-26) diego magro: TOP !!!
- (2020-06-25) Jan Wächter: Excellent tool, I am using it to download a dump at the end of each semester. Can highly recommend it!
- (2020-06-23) Danita Lip: La extensión me ha sido muy útil, sobre todo durante el confinamiento. Buen trabajo!!
- (2020-04-15) Tobias Natotea: Works really well! Thanks for your effort!
- (2020-04-14) Timera Naidoo: good
- (2020-04-13) Merav Lebron: Love it. Super useful!
- (2020-04-09) Amy Lee: A TIME SAVER to think i used to download them files manually (ded)
- (2020-04-06) Claire Burrell: Works well!
- (2020-04-03) Lars: like but seems to be bugged atm?
- (2020-04-01) Víctor Hugo Tato: Es algo genial y muy difícil de encontrar. Lo recomiendo totalmente.
- (2020-03-31) Ludian Komini: Extremely useful, highly recommended it saves so much time !
- (2020-03-23) Adam Humphries: Works really well - not certain on the folder auto stuff working, and it doesn't auto download contents of folders. Nonetheless it does save an incredible amount of time
- (2020-03-14) Fabio Dolce: Only flaw the files are sorted by name, I had to rename them all by comparing with the original order, that said it does its job well.
- (2020-03-11) Kristian Hoyle-Johnson: Doesn't work with my uni moodle on moodle version 3.5.6
- (2020-03-05) Abby D: amazing
- (2020-02-20) Renee Le Bherz: Makes checking learning materials so much easier.
- (2020-07-15, v:184.108.40.206) Daron Spivack: download videos
Hi, is it possible to download a video that the owner has not given permission to do so (view only)?
- (2020-03-27, v:1.4.8) Darcy French: Unsucessful in clicking and dragging resources
Hi Harsil, I originally couldn't find the resources page of my moodle (Sciences Po), but I changed the 'view' to 'resources' as you suggested above and that took my to the resources page. However, using chrome on my HP windows laptop I'm unable to work out how to download documents? If I open the extension, then click and drag a document, the extension window dissapears. If I drag the extension icon on top of a document, nothing happens. Is there something I am doing wrong?
- (2020-02-22, v:1.4.7) Antonio Cabara: Not working for Flinders University
I am able to find the resources page but the extension can't seem to find the resources (pdfs, recorded lectures, files, etc). The only way my resources can be downloaded is by opening it individually then clicking on the link to view / download the file. Flinders also use a SSO system called Okta, which might also be a problem too.
- (2019-09-12, v:1.4.6) Felipe Colla Pinheiro: Organize into Folder tool
The Organize into Folder tool does not create folders for sections that contain forbidden folder name characters. Maybe you could replace those for allowed characters (like underscore or space).
- (2019-07-04, v:1.4.4) Amy Collins: Doesn't work for all pages
Thank you so much! The module pages this has worked for has helped me no end! But it doesn't work for all my module pages & I can't figure out what these pages have in common. Any suggestions?