A chrome extension for downloading Moodle resources
An open source chrome extension that enables students to download Moodle resources with a click of a button 💾 Usage 🖱 1. Login in to your moodle (for example https://moodle.vle.monash.edu) 2. Open the Resources section for the course you wish to download the content for 3. Click on the extension icon and select the resources to be downloaded. Click and drag or use ⌘ key to select multiple options: 4. Hit the Download button to get the resources! source code: https://github.com/harsilspatel/MoodleDownloader Made with ❤️ and ☕️ in Melbourne!
- (2021-09-09) Urbana S: Awesome!!! TOTAL LIFESAVER <3
- (2021-09-09) Matthew Keough: This extension works perfectly, the option to use the file name vs the 'moodle title' is very useful as well.
- (2021-09-07) raineedust: Good enough. However, I'm unable to download stuff hidden in subcategory pages.
- (2021-08-30) Joe: Works really well, haven't had any issues.
- (2021-08-30) Jonathan Sung: It works as of August 2021. The files are nicely organised into folders for each week. The download doesn't work for URL links. Perhaps, you could create HTML files to link to the website or something. Overall, it's a handy tool which saves me a lot of time.
- (2021-08-21) Finn Hambly: Very well executed and saved me a bunch of time - thanks :D
- (2021-08-03) Christina Zhang: Very helpful to download uni resources for offline viewing. Cheers!
- (2021-07-21) Simply K: Funciona Perfectamente, eso sí, teneis que tener o la página de moodle en ingles o traducirla, si no, no funciona. Al menos ese fue mi caso.
- (2021-07-19) Matías Rojas: Impecable
- (2021-07-17) Israel. García Gutiérrez: It's not working anymore!!
- (2021-06-23) Ulaş Gündoğdu: excellent work ! one suggestion: to keep the order of the files in the moodle same in folder structre that downloaded, a numbering system can be added
- (2021-06-22) Dimitrios Kefalas: Easy to use, very practical! Thank you!!!
- (2021-06-16) Gareth Evans: Awesome! It does what it says on the tin!
- (2021-06-16) Matt Jarvis: Simple and reliable. The experimental folder function worked fine for me too.
- (2021-06-12) Rahul Pai: works great! make sure to go to the resources page as it says. should be something like: https://www.vle.blah.ac.uk/course/resources.php?id=blah
- (2021-05-22) Jamie Michie: Very good
- (2021-05-19) Nilanjan Bhattacharya: My course doesn't have resources in the resources page. Each lecture has a set of resources.
- (2021-05-18) Michael Osborne: So good, used to get lost in the uni folders but now I can download everything & sort it out for myself! :)
- (2021-05-09) Fez Sabir: Does not work. I've given it a shot multiple times. Wasted time.
- (2021-04-25) Álvaro Martín Gorroño: Muy útil para descargar gran cantidad de Archivos en Moodle
- (2021-04-06) André Felipe Santos: Amazing tool. Really helpful to download multiple contents from Moodle.
- (2021-04-06) Bernard Concannon: Just tried this in the hope that it would save me time saving all the resources from Moodle for my course. It did! The experimental option to keep folder hierarchy doesn't seem to work though? :-(
- (2021-04-04) Rosemonde Legault: Works great! Sometimes documents don't show in the selection list, don't understand why. Also, they download 1 file after the other rather than in a folder. But this is a free extension that does the trick of saving you time on Moodle. Thanks a lot!
- (2021-03-22) Zad Abi Fadel: Game changer
- (2021-03-19) lorenzo redolfi: Amazing
- (2021-03-18) elektronik scm: perfect!
- (2021-03-14) Martin: That little extension saved me so much time! Thank you 👍
- (2021-03-01) Jeremy Vasic: It works :) Ctril+A to select all lectures.
- (2021-02-20) Zhongpin Wang: Wonderful extension for saving my time.
- (2021-02-18) Sourya Kovvali: Works perfectly
- (2021-02-17) Luis Vilaró: Es Genial, al principio no pude hacerla funcionar, pero después de cambiar algo en la configuración de idioma creo ha funcionado bárbaro. Hay que seleccionar los archivos y apretar en el botón de descarga, sino no van a ir muy lejos.
- (2021-02-15) Jens Kegelmann: Great tool. Works perfectly with TUM Moodle.
- (2021-02-08) Florian Schneider: Just had to download a whole moodle lecture, about 40 files. This just saves so much time and works flawlessly. Great job.
- (2021-02-08) xXAbouDaiXx: Go to ur moodle course, press the add on, select all files, download. Done Fantastic
- (2021-02-01) IVAN SIERRA JIMENA: Perfecta
- (2021-01-28) Shreshth Arora: Thanks a lot for this extensions helped me a lot with my college material with moodle. You did a good job with those 30 hours 🥳
- (2021-01-26) Giulia Tommasel: Solves the problem of downloading multiple file from moodle! However a little download folder management would be appreciated. Btw, great.
- (2021-01-23) Jonas Kehr: Amazing Timesaver!
- (2021-01-22) Rishi Dam: Extremely helpful!
- (2021-01-22) Snehinh Sen: Handy and Helpful! Thanks!
- (2021-01-19) Uri Zafrir: great app!
- (2021-01-18) Ishan Jaggi: This is a great extension. My institute has not enabled the download all button. This extension make my life easier and saves me so much of time. It works smoothly and is easy to use.
- (2021-01-17) Juraj Ivkovac: GREAT!
- (2021-01-16) Michele Colle: yep!
- (2021-01-05) Kenrich Pinto: This extension is a real time saver. Does exactly as it says and saves the hassle of downloading files individually.
- (2021-01-02) Moh Kur: Simply Amazing 😎👍🏻
- (2021-01-01) David O: Great app! fast and easy! Thanks
- (2020-12-29) Nimesh Singh: So easy to use and saves so much time- can't recommend enough!
- (2020-12-29) Shaimaa Sorour: works!!
- (2020-12-26) Wynn Cheung: Lifesaver!!
- (2021-08-10, v:1.5.3) Elad Eilon: Not working
Hey, I downloaded this add-on but it doesn't seem to be working in my college's moodle. My college is from Israel, is that related?
- (2021-05-04, v:1.5.3) Fikret Akın: How To Download
Can you send a video that detaily show how to download ıt can be really so effective
- (2021-04-12, v:1.5.2) Alex Alvarado: Acceso al Sitio
Saludos, Ya una vez que estoy en el sitio no aparece ningún archivo de descarga, y al ir a la configuración aparece que la extensión no tiene acceso al sitio, que hacer
- (2020-07-15, v:220.127.116.11) Daron Spivack: download videos
Hi, is it possible to download a video that the owner has not given permission to do so (view only)?
- (2020-03-27, v:1.4.8) Darcy French: Unsucessful in clicking and dragging resources
Hi Harsil, I originally couldn't find the resources page of my moodle (Sciences Po), but I changed the 'view' to 'resources' as you suggested above and that took my to the resources page. However, using chrome on my HP windows laptop I'm unable to work out how to download documents? If I open the extension, then click and drag a document, the extension window dissapears. If I drag the extension icon on top of a document, nothing happens. Is there something I am doing wrong?
- (2020-02-22, v:1.4.7) Anthony Cabrera: Not working for Flinders University
I am able to find the resources page but the extension can't seem to find the resources (pdfs, recorded lectures, files, etc). The only way my resources can be downloaded is by opening it individually then clicking on the link to view / download the file. Flinders also use a SSO system called Okta, which might also be a problem too.
- (2019-09-12, v:1.4.6) Felipe Colla Pinheiro: Organize into Folder tool
The Organize into Folder tool does not create folders for sections that contain forbidden folder name characters. Maybe you could replace those for allowed characters (like underscore or space).
- (2019-07-04, v:1.4.4) Amy-Rose Collins: Doesn't work for all pages
Thank you so much! The module pages this has worked for has helped me no end! But it doesn't work for all my module pages & I can't figure out what these pages have in common. Any suggestions?