Play.ht allows Medium writers to add audio to their articles.
Play.ht helps Medium writers to make their stories accessible with audio. It's super easy to use and requires no effort to create the audio. All you have to do is click the 'Publish with Audio' button. Play.ht makes use of the best in class Text-to-Speech voices to convert the story to audio. Some of the best writers from top publications use Play.ht to make their stories accessible with audio and reach more people. With Play.ht you can: - instantly add an audio player to your Medium story - increase listening engagement by up to 30% of your Medium stories - look at analytics to see how many people are listening to your Medium - grow email subscribers who are interested in receiving your Medium stories as audio
- (2020-03-08) Mentar: Doesn't work, constantly keeps asking to sign in on Play and Medium but just goes in a never ending look. Looks like it's no longer maintained.
- (2020-02-15) Sagar Zond: It didn't work for me. Everytime it asked me for login and I did it around 4-5 time and finally uninstalled chrome extension.
- (2019-12-04) Muhammed ALAKUŞ: Aynen Fatih katılıyorum sana, Please do something in the Turkish language.
- (2019-07-19) Shaun T. Villafana: There's so many issues this thing brings up.But I do like the concept. And I would like to see this worked on. I will hold on in belief and good faith that the issues will be fixed, and when they are, I will of course fairly change my rating to match.
- (2018-11-08) Reony Tonneyck: Unfortunately no longer works
- (2018-01-10) Just Sturgis: Great extension, but constantly throwing errors. Seems to conflict with many other extensions. Don't really want to have to choose, but Play is the one I give up if I do. "Warning: This extension failed to modify the response header "content-security-policy" of a network request because the modification conflicted with another extension (SimilarTech Prospecting)." "Warning: This extension failed to modify the response header "content-security-policy" of a network request because the modification conflicted with another extension (HoverCards)."
- (2017-12-29) Fatih: Harika fikir ama Türkçe dilini desteklemiyor. / Great idea but does not support Turkish language.
- (2017-08-02) brice julia: Awesome tool!
- (2017-05-22) Manuella: Very nice, the narration is a bit robotic, I wish the Samantha voice was the same as the movie Her (just Scarlett Johanson) :-P
- (2017-02-23) James Biswas: Just awesome, ♥ it.
- (2017-02-16) Carlos Rojas: Es de lo mejor que he visto en mucho tiempo.
- (2017-02-05) Helpful tool, well done!
- (2017-01-11) Sujeet Kumar Mehta: Very helpful with the clear voice of all words.
- (2017-01-08) FreddieOduks: Does exactly what it says on the tin. I bookmark a lot of articles and just press Play when I get home to listen to all of them! Brilliant product, well done guys!
- (2016-12-31) Robin Good: Good tool to listen to Medium articles. Easy to use, it does what it promises.
- (2016-12-15) Parin Katariya: why you need "change data permission on all websites" Why not explicitly ask only for "medium.com" and any plans of making it open source.
- (2016-10-20) Gagan Jakhotiya: Works like a charm. Awesome!
- (2016-10-04) Carl Dieryckx: Doesn't work. Rebooted everything but no play button.
- (2016-10-03) Nick Nish: I loved the demo, but it keeps hanging on "transcripting" now. Will update this badboy if they update the app!
- (2020-01-27, v:1.8.9) Dane O'Leary: Multiple Play.ht players on a Medium article?
I'm not sure how to fix this, but I've had to edit a couple stories that already had Play.ht transcription. When I save the changes, it puts a duplicate Play.ht player on the story. Any idea how to remove the duplicates? Ex: https://medium.com/macoclock/iphone-11-pro-review-after-4-months-is-it-still-worth-it-f2a9747e999b?source=friends_link&sk=3a77b25a3e01d3aa75993df4a6eecb3b
- (2019-02-15, v:1.7.1) capt rt: I am not able to see "publish with audio"
I am not able to see "publish with audio" option using your ad on, plzz help.
- (2018-12-26, v:1.6.8) keyboard shortcuts
is there any keyboard shortcuts to play and pause the audio?
- (2018-11-11, v:1.6.5) Ashvarya Kharoo: not working
adding audio option for medium articles does not appear
- (2018-10-12, v:1.6.3) Dr. Floyd Williams: Add audio to articles
Hi! I'm not sure you're aware, but Medium recently updated the way they publish their articles and the button for "add audio to article" no longer appears. Is there an alternative way to add the audio? Thank you!
- (2018-06-09, v:1.3.0) Bob Jacobson: Issue with converting story files
Most of my listed articles eligible for adding audio worked well. But the most recently posted article didn't. The conversion squiggle turns red and then there's the information, "Something didn't work. Try Again!" also in red. I'll send the URL for the article. But the error occurred in the list. Also, several ADD AUDIO buttons were greyed out. Is it because they are older (2017) or because the new Play for Medium has been upgraded? Bob Jacobson [email protected] Story URLs: On my list, https://medium.com/me/stories/public On its own page: https://medium.com/@Robert_Jacobson/rampant-child-abuse-gun-fetishism-and-lack-of-gun-ownership-oversight-a-witches-brew-for-gun-4dbdd95ea7ba
- (2018-06-06, v:1.3.0) Typo in Your Short Description
Your short description of the extension is: "Listen to your favorite Meduim.com articles, Play allows you to listen to any Medium article directly from the browser." Isn't the website medium.com, NOT meduim.com? Just thought I'd mention this! Thanks, Amanda.
- (2018-04-04, v:1.2.8) Claire: can it read any url?
what about other articles beside medium
- (2017-11-13, v:1.2.2) Reporting
Hi - is there any reporting information available for publishers to see how many people have clicked play on an article/listened through to a certain point? Thanks!
- (2017-11-12, v:1.2.1) Chad Bockius: Login Loop
Every time I try to convert an article it asks me to login and repeats that loop every time.
- (2017-10-20, v:1.1.96) caue cardoso: doesnt work
doesnt work. maybe something i need to configure before using? thanks