This extension provides tools to organize and sort tabs
Tab Sorter is a simple extension that helps keep your tabs in order. It can sort your tabs within the window and can collect all tabs from a site into a new window. Version 1.3: Reliably sort on first click
- (2020-11-27) cedric pouralle: this one works well, I would like to have an option to extract a domain with a shortkey intead of the mouse
- (2020-09-04) Andrew P: I wish this was built-in and expanded. Chrome's new beta feature to allow you to manually sort tabs seems like it misses a whole opportunity to make organizing tabs simpler and less manual work. It'd be great to get these options added to the context menu of a tab.
- (2020-08-08) Benjamin Burton: Thank you!
- (2020-03-02) Logan Ladue: Works just as I wanted it to, thanks
- (2019-12-16) Pum Walters: As others have noted, you need to press the button multiple times. Not twice, but an arbitrary number. And still it won't sort correctly. This extension aims to do one thing, and does it badly.
- (2019-10-05) Stephen S: Would like the ability to sort pinned tabs also.
- (2019-07-16) Vincent Zhang: EDIT: love the new version, this is perfect now with the first-click fix! Stopped working in Chrome 69, please fix.
- (2019-07-12) Nikolay N: Хотелось найти вкладки дубли сортировкой - выполнено, вкладки отсортированы. В отличии от других сортирует c.x/ z.b.x/ b.x/ как мне нравится в b.x/ z.b.x/ c.x/, а не b.x/ c.x/ z.b.x/ . Но в данное время странная сортировка внутри домена: много раз попадается в таком порядке пример a.z.x/y/32302012 a.z.x/y/31615459 a.z.x/y/32250015 - не по возрастанию цифр
- (2019-05-14) David Millar: Works ok, but never the first time.
- (2019-05-01) David Woodward: No longer sorts pinned tabs, but works otherwise.
- (2019-02-20) Rayna Kuzio: Why does the "Sort This Window" setting only work sometimes...??? Other two settings seem to work perfectly.
- (2018-10-02) Rainbow Warrior Princess: Doesn't react (doesn't sort) anymore when "sort all tabs" or "sort this window" is clicked and sometimes not even the popup menu appears when the extension icon/badge is clicked.
- (2018-08-22) Joel Potischman: Very handy for organizing tabs and discovering which ones you didn't realize you had multiples copies of open. Only knock against it is that it never works the first time I click the button to sort but I've learned to just click it twice. A bit annoying but still a very useful extension if you tend to keep a lot of tabs open.
- (2018-06-12) Taylor Murphy: Simple, lean, and works fine. Thanks
- (2017-10-09) Kilo19: Cure for Tab hoard. Extract tabs by domain is awesome but sometimes I have so many tabs that I lost track. I hacked the extension and added a button to extract all domains in the browser into separate windows and sort them. Email [email protected] if you want to add the function. I will provide the source with no strings attached.
- (2017-10-01) Eric Hanko: Works flawlessly. I'm a sorter of all things in general, but I'm also a tab fiend...so this extension has drammatically improved my workflow. For example, it makes it easy to see which tabs were left over from a Google search result vs. some first-party documentation I'm reviewing vs. GitHub repos. One suggestions: add ability to trigger "Sort Tabs" with a keyboard shortcut.
- (2017-07-29) Jens Johanneson: This should team up with Tab Menu to become THE ULTIMATE tab extension. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tab-menu/hjeifjagcmihmdcmnfjelgdgpibefmfc
- (2017-06-04) Casper Wilkes: Pretty good tool. I agree with the others. I have to click the 'sort tabs' option twice to get it to work properly. I'd like to know what criteria it uses to sort by, and it'd be nice to change the sorting criteria. such as sort by domain, or sort by title. something like that would be a great addition.
- (2017-05-22) Chichi son: It'd be nice if you could set how many domain levels to extract to ... for example the deviantart site uses artistname.deviantart.com so when i try to extract the deviantart domain i'm only getting the tabs of a single artist but aside from that its a great tool
- (2017-01-26) Mark Meuer: Works almost perfectly. The only issue is that I have to select to sort tabs twice before it actually sorts them. This happens for both the sort all tabs and sort current window.
- (2017-01-25) Clint Sawyer: I can only get it to work sorting ALL tabs, not sorting one window. I work with multiple windows across multiple monitors, and most of them I have organized a certain way for efficiency. There are only a couple windows that I want to sort. So, if it functioned as stated, it would be very useful, but all or nothing doesn't help. I also see some people saying it sorts alphabetically AND by domain, but I'm not getting that, it's sorting everything mixed. Is there a setting I'm missing?
- (2017-01-15) Rebecca White: Pros: - Helps you organize tabs where the titles are cut off - Provides hard to find functionality Cons: - You have to click the button over and over again
- (2017-01-04) WH Kuo: always have to press twice to activate sort all.
- (2016-11-04) Alex Haber: Perfect!!!! Just what I am looking for. Runs well. Does what it says. Excellent Extension!
- (2016-09-15) Eric Gavaletz: Great for tab pack rats like me.