This extension will add Download button on Inbound/Outbound Change Set page allowing you to download package.xml of its components.
********* v5.0.0 (2 Aug 2019)********* - Enhanced logic to display button all the times, in both inbound and outbound change set ********* v4.0.0 (29 Mar 2019)********* - Fixed intermittent issues of button disappearing - Fixed issue of the button not appearing on Inbound changeset - Added feature to generate package.xml even if the user is not on the 1st page of a list of components. As always, do share valuable feedback. If you have any query please raise a ticket @ http://support.satrangtech.com/
- (2020-07-29) Subhash Atluri: This is good
- (2019-09-17) Toufik: Hello The add-on is missing multi-language support : for instance, when you download a package.xml in french, the type name for Apex classes is ClasseApex instead of ApexClass It seems also that it doesn't download profiles into the package file Thanks
- (2019-09-05) Patrick Visniewski: it doesn't work for custom fields or record types basically it created a generic section for each and just listed the dev/api name for each but lacked all object reference so the download of metadata skipped them completely So for example a change set with a field named "Trade" on multiple different objects just resulted in this, which failed completely because it has no information about which objects the fields are on <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Package xmlns="http://soap.sforce.com/2006/04/metadata"> <types> <members>Trade</members> <members>Trade</members> <members>Trade</members> <members>Trade</members> <members>Trade</members> <members>Trade</members> <members>Trade</members> <members>Trade</members> <members>Trade</members> <members>Trade</members> <name>CustomField</name> </types> <version>44.0</version> </Package>
- (2019-08-13) Eddy Zhuo: The download button work only in classic but not in lightning platform. Thank you for creating this tool for us developers!
- (2019-08-09) Maciej Szymczak: This is great!
- (2019-07-15) Jay Martinez: No button
- (2019-05-11) Chirag Joshi: First of button does not appear automatically, one have to click the extension icon and then again move the page, second the field name object name are wrong in package file which is generating an error, so basically useless
- (2019-03-08) cherry yi: The concept is really good. However, I can't find button anywhere on the inbound change set page after I installed the extension. Please instruct how to use it
- (2019-01-24) Mark Liu: This is awesome... Thank you!!
- (2019-08-12, v:5.0.0) Sanne Taymans: Button does not appear in Lightning
I added the extension, but the button wouldn't appear in the Lightning Set Up. After a bit I realized I should check Classic, and it does appear there. Is this a known limitation? Thanks
- (2019-06-04, v:4.0.0) Martin Hurst: Re: Download Salesforce Change Set package.xml
I downloaded this plugin on chrome and login into my Salesforce org and went to my change set page but there is no Download button. Do I need to do anything else to make it appear on the Salesforce Change Set page? Thanks. Martin
- (2019-05-31, v:4.0.0) James LaCour: Package XML does not have Object Name
Hello, love what the app is doing, couple errors on my end though. 1. When I clicked the Download Package button for my outbound package, it created the package.xml but the object name was not put in front of certain metadata that needed it. For example: This is what I received <members>FieldName__c</members> This is what I needed <members>ObjectName__c.FieldName__c</members> It did this for Workflow Rules, Field Updates, Custom Fields, Record Types, and I think Buttons. 2. I pulled out a Lightning Component. In the package XML, I received AuraComponentBundle but the actual value needed is AuraDefinitionBundle. As a note, I did these test in a full sandbox where the API version was 46 (production is currently 45). When I went to my production org and tried, scenario one worked out perfectly (I didn't try 2).
- (2019-01-24, v:3.0.0) Mark Liu: Button flashes but then goes away
Hey Chirag, Thanks so much for building this. One thing I am noticing though is that the Download package.xml button goes away after the page loads. Do you know why this is the case? How can I make it stay on the ChangeSet detail? Also - I've noticed that it is only available on Outbound Changesets and not Inbound Changesets. Mark