Allows you to open a set of pinned tabs when chrome starts up
Forever pinned allows you to define a list pinned tabs which will be created and pinned at startup. If you rely on pinned tabs you probably will have noticed that sometimes they can accidentally get closed while using Chrome, with Forever pinned this is no longer an issue. • Open a list of pinned tabs on startup • Option to reopen pinned tabs when a new window is create • Remove any duplicate tabs created while using multiple windows
- (2020-03-16) Jeroen Vermeulen: When a site opens a popup, all pinned tabs are duplicated in the main window.
- (2020-01-06) Samuel Cohen: So close to great. Works as expected… except (as other reviewers have mentioned) tearing off a tab to open it in a separate window breaks in weird ways: the new window loads one of your pins and not the tab that was torn off; duplicates one of your pins.
- (2019-11-04) Greg Gaston: Works, but fragile. I wanted my pinned tabs to be gmail and google calender, but the basic urls are not enough and you must specify "https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0" or something similar in order for it not to dupliate the tabs when reopening with "Continue Where I Left Off" functionality enabled as well. Also after removing the plugin the functionality persisted, forcing me to reinstall, add a random pinned tab, restart, remove the pinned tab, remove the extension. There are other extensions that do what this one does, that aren't as broken.
- (2019-09-12) Micky S.: Exactly what i needed. Thank you so much pc wizard but, i can not drag tabs to create a new window without everything going crazy. crazy as in: i have 2 tabs configured, 5 tabs open want to drag 1 tab out to create a new window and end up with 1 window[2pinned 4tabs] 2nd window [2 pinned 1tab] instead this happens: new window gets created with the 2nd configured tab.and loses focus to original window this causes: 1st configured tab opens a copy in my original window tab i wanted to drag stays in its original window would be nice to see a fix for this or the option to not create the pinned tabs if they are present in any window.
- (2019-08-01) Eric Gustavson: tearing tabs out of your window (so that the tab can live in it's own window) is broken i like the premise of this extension, but broken tearing is a dealbreaker. i uninstalled it.
- (2019-05-28) Peter Persson: Hi Scott, Lacking a proper pin function has kept me away from Chrome for a decade. I have used Opera instead. But today i found your great extension and i though i would give Chrome a chance again. But, would it be possible to add a function that does not closes the pinned tabs when pressing CTRL-W by mistake? No need any warning, just ignore the CTRL-W then a pinned tab is active. EDIT: Sadly, pinned tabs gets duplicated though...... Thanks, Peter
- (2018-03-31) Martin Sauter: If you close and reopen your browser, the pinned tabs are duplicated.
- (2018-03-08) Bagha Shams: Very broken addon. The first time you open chrome after you add the urls, it works fine. The second time you open chrome, you're pins are all duplicated, so if you had 5 pinned tabs, now you have 10. Also, you can't rearrange their order. Uninstalled!
- (2017-10-24) Aaron Ringen: It works great, but it randomly opens mutliple pinned sites and sometime opens sites as pinned that were deleted. I have to close a lot of tabs throughout the day.
- (2017-06-30) Andomeda D: Please allow the ability to pin saved html files , chrome extension urls , etc
- (2017-05-31) Konrad Owy: Just works as expected.
- (2017-03-24) Anton Pettersson: You should consider to allow the user to specify which tab is opened in which order. Before using this extension I had 6 tabs specified in Chrome settings to opened at each startup. I added them to this extension in the same order I had before but they are now opened in another order. Some kind of drag-and-drop feature for the order in the list of URLs would be nice.
- (2016-12-25) Jay Douglas: Buggy. Opens duplicates (some times triplicate) of pins.
- (2016-09-15) patrice Tempka: Très utile, Fonctionne nickel. Merci beaucoup :-) Usefull and functionnal, Thanks a LOT :-)
- (2016-05-31) Bradley Haslett: Works exactly as expected and very simple to use. Great extension for anyone needing to manage pinned tabs.
- (2016-02-21) Josef H.: I was so hoping to find an extension exactly like this.. Thank you
- (2015-07-28) Robert M. Papillion: To my way of thinking, the whole point of pinning tabs in Chrome is for them to remain pinned. Somehow, Google missed this little detail. So this tool totally fixes that. And it's quite simple to use. So it saves time and eliminates a needless source of frustration.
- (2014-09-04) Boris Masis: Perfect. Works great and exactly was I was looking for. Saves from having to re-open and re-pin things after accidentally closing your pinned tabs.
- (2020-05-18, v:0.29) Anthony Fusco: Duplicating pins
When I close chrome and open it again, what ever pin I have set in options at the top (or added first) gets duplicated. Example: https://tweetdeck.twitter.com gets opened in 2 pins after closing chrome and opening it again.
- (2019-12-27, v:0.29) Martin Pleister: Doesn't seem to work on Version 79.0.3945.88 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Have installed the extension, set up some websites to pin, enabled the option to show pinned tabs on all new window instances. Closing my browser and reopening it presents me with 0 pinned tabs (I set up 5 in the options); opening a new window doesn't show any pinned tabs.
- (2019-11-19, v:0.29) Paweł Witkowski: drag and drop tab to create new window.
When extension is enabled. I can't grab and drop non-pinned tabs out of chrome window to create new chrome window.
- (2019-05-24, v:0.29) Sene Senethril: Your mod
I want to ask you for my personnal convenience if you can add the following rules that extend or change your main aims: -Allow to always open a new tab in a pinned mode not regarding to the domain or url -Secondary: Switch this functionnality on the fly or per window(s) Reasons: -Cannot find any plugin that remove the close button on tabs due to the large amount of tabs i can open in a row, i have troubles so to be sure i didnt closed one tab by accident, that happend too much often in severals ways. -
- (2018-06-18, v:0.28) pstownsend: tabs dissapear
after working for a few weeks, now all my pinned tabs have dissapeared and I don't get them back (opposite of the only goal of the extension!)
- (2018-04-26, v:0.28) Some pinned tabs are opened twice
hI, I have the same problem as many others : some pinned tabs are opened twice. Most of my pinned tabs are Google tabs (GMail, calendar, Keep,...) Is there any way to correct this ? Thanks, Fred
- (2017-03-03, v:0.27) elec: sortable pinned taps
Hi, thx for your extansion. Is it possible to manage the sorting of all pinned tabs in the optionslist? I would like to sort them because when i have 3 news sites pinned, i woild like to have them together and not one at the first place one in the middle somewhere an one near the end for example. would be really great. thx :) btw: chrome ignors my pinned tab sorting somehow since about 1 week or so. dunno why
- (2017-02-26, v:0.27) Josef H.: Stopped working
It suddenly stopped working for me. Am I the only one?
- (2016-09-15, v:0.27) patrice Tempka: Double pinned tabs
Hi ! I don't know why, but I always have 2 thirds of my pinned tabs that open twice when I restart... Can you help, please ?
- (2015-12-06, v:0.27) Erik Nomitch: Add globbing or regex
I will almost always get double pins for Gmail and Google Calendar since, for example, the URL of my Forever Pinned is gmail.com[...]#inbox but when I close chrome, it could change to gmail.com[...]#inbox/13989283729347 (an email). It would be nice to set the Forever Pinned as gmail.com[...]#inbox*
- (2015-08-14, v:0.27) Pinning chrome bookmark manager
Is there a way to set: chrome://bookmarks/ as a pinned tab? I keep getting the warning that I must enter a complete URL. If there is not currently a way to do that, please consider adding the ability in any future updates. Thanks for you time!