This extension darkens text in <p> tags to make blog text more readable.
To improve readability, you can darken text (DT) on blog and news articles with one click. Don't you hate it when bloggers or designers think that light grey text on a grey background is artistic? Dude, hello? It's practically invisible! I'm trying to read your article here.... This Chrome extension installs a button labelled "DT" that you can click on to darken text inside <p> tags so that the text becomes more readable. No instruction manuals. Just a simple single click and it turns <p> tagged text to black. I found that I'm using it all the time, so version 1.1 adds a keyboard shortcut CTRL+SHIFT+K (or COMMAND+SHIFT+K on Mac). As of version 1.1 the text color of the following tags are turned to black: <p>, <div>, <li>, <article>. Hope this helps you guys. Email me if you have any features requests. I'll make the DT Chrome Extension do anything you want except wipe your butt. You'll have to ask your mommy to do that for you. BTW, feel free to email me if you need a programmer. I'm a freelance web developer. Cheers! David :) [email protected] http://www.davidbeckwith.com
- (2020-02-14) Bob Sander-Cederlof: I have to use this frequently, because a lot of site developers seem to think it is beautiful to color text gray on a gray background, making it almost impossible to read. I only wish it would always work. Some sites this extension doesn't work.
- (2019-06-11) Jess Hennan: How have I only found this this late in life? I like this a ton. So simple.
- (2019-04-29) Andre i: not working anymore
- (2018-09-30) Jeanine Weintz: Helps tremendously! Yes, not all sites work because this program is dependant on how the individual site html code is written, but for those that do work, it's wonderful. It helped in Gmail, which was nice. Grey is here to stay so this is a necessary app. I'm glad it is available. Note: I am typing this in black, yay!
- (2018-02-09) Jessica Salmonson: I wish it turned on automatically and had options like making text a little bit bold. I'd also lt if it would darken more text and not just some. (It won't darken all the text. :( I miss the Blacken extension.If you know what that one was then please cop-cat it. *Begs you*
- (2018-01-28) Edwin Yip: Wow! Just what I needed, those low contrast gray fonts hurt my eyes. One suggestion -how about add an option checkbox called something like 'Auto darken', when it's ticked it will automatically darken the text for every new loaded page? Note, this must be an option, when it's not checked, just work as usual.
- (2017-12-22) Craig Wilson: When I pressed the button I exclaimed "OMG!" I can finally see the words on the screen. Thank you!
- (2017-12-06) Jackie Schutte: Would love a way to permanently change all. Visually handicapped but do not like using High Contrast, find a darker text best
- (2017-10-20) Ellen Krantz: Works on many websites. It depends on how the html was written
- (2017-08-28) Dan Dan: superb
- (2017-04-04) OldGringo38: Takes text from light gray to dark gray
- (2017-03-21) Agustín Farías González: At last I can read "stylish" text that I suppose looks great in some moron designer's 8,000 USD screen
- (2017-02-27) Chris Waterguy: Works in some contexts, and good when it does. Seems to be a lightweight change. (In comparison, the Grayscale theme is pretty demanding once you have a lot of tabs open... which you shouldn't have, of course...) Old review (one star): Great idea, but did nothing. Using Font Rendering Enhancer instead.
- (2017-02-14) Erhan Alankus: It works.
- (2016-10-26) Kevin Liske: Did what it says on the tin. Changed the Wired site text to something readable.
- (2016-10-15) Robert Rabin: nothing
- (2016-10-02) darlin1951: doesn't do a damned thing!
- (2016-09-17) Adam Fanello: What web site *does* this work on?
- (2016-09-11) 2nd Sister: This works occasionally and barely darkens any text. Who in hell decided gray text is a good thing?
- (2016-06-11) Kevin Clarke: Reading other reviews it seems it may not work on all sites but it works great on the two I installed it for. Thanks!
- (2016-05-23) James Kuan: no change. wasting time
- (2016-02-27) kevin smorong: Added DT to Chrome but did nothing when clicked on as instructed.
- (2016-01-26) Brian Carmien: It works on some sites but, not others. YMMV.
- (2016-01-13) Fifth Airforce: Very little difference!
- (2015-05-30) Cory Layne: I don't know why WordPress and other sites use gray text, but I find it very difficult to read. This simple extension gives me the black text I want to see. Great little tool. Thanks a lot for sharing it.
- (2018-10-10, v:1.1) Firefox
Where can I find your extension in Firefox? If there isn't one, do you plan to develop one?
- (2018-08-19, v:1.1) Bill Cline: bookmarks
when i click on bookmarks side bar the wholle screen gets lighter. need tokeep the regular screen text darker than the sidebar.
- (2018-04-25, v:1.1) Aman Sinha: please add auto on mode
we have to click each time to activate it please add auto on mode on all websites thanks for your support
- (2017-11-24, v:1.1) Fyuri LeBlanc: does not work
https://www.goodfinancialcents.com/passive-income-ideas/ doesn't work on this site. and the options are grayed out
- (2016-11-27, v:1.1) Laura McCloskey: does not work
does not work
- (2016-10-07, v:1.1) kinder ale: does not work
does not work
- (2016-09-30, v:1.1) Nellie Elliot: not working
it is not working in google chrome
- (2016-07-11, v:1.1) Adam Adray Sr.: darker text
On realtor.com the text is so so light on most of the page... DT does nothing
- (2016-03-06, v:1.1) Ken Betz: Darken Text
How to undo- It darkened text to the extent I can't read it.
- (2016-01-17, v:1.1) Sarah Lind: always load
Is there a way to make the extension load automatically for every new window?