Input Tools lets you type in the language of your choice.
By installing this extension, you agree to the Terms of Service at http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/terms/. Switch to typing in a different language with the click of the mouse, and switch back just as easily. The Google Input Tools extension provides virtual keyboards for over 90 languages, full IMEs or direct transliteration for over 30 different scripts, and handwriting input for over 40 languages. What's New? ✓ Fix popup suggestion bar position issue in iframes. e.g. Chat windows in Gmail. ✓ Fix enter key issue when type in input boxes inside iframes. Usage Instructions: When you first install the extension, click on the extension icon, then select "Extension Options" in the pop-up menu. A new tab will appear where you can select your preferred languages or input methods. The keyboards, IMEs or handwriting input you add to 'Selected input tools' can be enabled at any time from the extension itself. You can always return to this options page to add, remove, or change the order of your input tools. input tool, simply click on the extension icon, select the desired language tool in the pop-up menu, then click on any text box on the web page. To turn off an input tool, click on the extension icon and select the "Turn Off" option. To use transliteration, type languages phonetically in English letters, and they'll appear in their correct alphabet. Keep in mind that transliteration is different from translation; the sound of the words is converted from one alphabet to the other, not the meaning. For example, to get in नमस्ते with Hindi transliteration, type in n-a-m-a-s-t-e. You will get a list of Hindi words sound like namaste. Then, press SPACE to select the first suggestion नमस्ते. Latin IMEs are to help people type in Latin-script languages using the US keyboard. Features include automatic diacritics, spell correction, and prefix completion. To use Latin IMEs, type unaccented letters, and they will be corrected to a desired word. For example, type "franca" in French IME, "français" appears, and it can be committed by pressing TAB. If continuously typing "francais", "français" will be committed by pressing SPACE. To get all the candidates for "francais", press BACKSPACE. To use handwriting input, select the handwriting input of your desired language. Press trackpad or left click of mouse to hand draw a character on the pop-up handwriting panel. Select the character from the suggestion list, or simply press ENTER or SPACE key to select the first suggestion. Need help? Find a problem? Point your browser here for support: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/support/mclkkofklkfljcocdinagocijmpgbhab Keyboard Shortcuts: ✓ ALT+SHIFT+N - Switch to next input tool in the list (if the extension is off, turn it on; if the current input tool is the last tool in the list, turn the extension off) ✓ ALT+SHIFT+R - Revert to the last input tool used (if none, turn off the extension) ✓ ALT+SHIFT+T Toggle the current input tool. ✓ SHIFT - Toggle between En/Cn state (Chinese input tools only) ✓ SHIFT+SPACE - Toggle the SBC/DBC mode (Chinese input tools only) ✓ CTRL+PERIOD - Toggle Chinese / European language punctuation (Chinese input tools only) Limitations: Due to security features of Google Chrome, the Google Input Tools extension will not assist with input in the address bar (omnibox), on the Chrome Web Store, or inside of other Chrome extensions. It does not currently assist with input inside of Flash applications. By installing this extension, you agree to the Terms of Service at https://chrome.google.com/extensions/intl/en /gallery_tos.html
- (2020-09-26) Barb :P: I really hope you can improve the Cantonese Jyutping. It crashes a lot in FB and then you can't use it in other webpages too. The only way to fix it is to restart the machine. It is a very useful app and updates a lot. I would pay for a desktop version if available. Please fix it!!!
- (2020-09-26) NICE PHOTOGRAPHY: I use this tool to type in Tamil and I find it extremely handy and easy to work.
- (2020-09-17) RC 4U: The old versin was best for Nepali Language. Please revert old versin back. This new update is completley rubbish and it is removing all character and sentence when we press one time backspace key. So annoying.
- (2020-09-15) JSKB SULTANPUR: NICE
- (2020-09-14) Om Shree Awasthi: Best Chrome extension for Typing because This Extension helps me to type in Hindi Language via using a English keyboard.
- (2020-09-12) Thuận Viết: Rất thích
- (2020-09-11) James Ng: It's so sick, can't even input the language I desired in the google search bar itself. Is it bug or what?
- (2020-09-07) Dinu Rajput: r r
- (2020-09-07) Satish Singh: Maja AA gaya
- (2020-09-03) Adarsh V: The thing I hate in Input tols for malayalam is whenever i press a number key, it shows the digits in local malayalam script, whit is not at all in use. That script is not at all used in kerala. So the developers please remove that malayalam digit script and provide the standard numerical 1234567890 script.. ൧,൨,൩,൪,൫,൬,൭,൮,൯ ഇതൊക്കെ പതിറ്റാണ്ടുകളായി മലയാളികൾ ഉപയോഗിക്കാത്ത സംഭവമാണ്..
- (2020-09-01) Ruslan Sadul: Mantul appnya👍👍👍
- (2020-08-31) Avinash Kumar: EXCELLENT...
- (2020-08-27) FRO, KDPETA: very fine
- (2020-08-25) eva girgova: nsgyon jo halasak lehetnek az emberireg maguknak koszonom
- (2020-08-25) Pawan Kumar: pawankumar
- (2020-08-25) REHAN KHAN: gud
- (2020-08-25) Shubham Zemse: Worst.Unable to write in google docs when Marathi is selected. all the products using are of Google 1)Google input tools 2)Chrome 3) Google docs still not able to type.
- (2020-08-23) Fiona Green: I genuinely cannot figure out how to use this or where I can find instructions on how to use it. When I switch to the spanish keyboard my keyboard just stops working. I cannot figure out how to insert letters using the writing function either. Tried googling how to use but didn't find any resources to explain my problems. Very frustrating
- (2020-08-23) Kwality Study: himanshu
- (2020-08-21) Fazle Rabbi Rana: Good but should have been better.
- (2020-08-21) Devan's Wedding Studio: NICE
- (2020-08-21) سیوري: This is EXACTLY what I wanted! I have a English keyboard, and need to type in my native language. This works perfectly! Thank you so much!
- (2020-08-18) 王子木: 我爱Google
- (2020-08-15) hari nirola: its a wow, really.
- (2020-08-11) Desong SHANG: Pourquoi cette application ne fonctionne pas sur cette page, mais fonctionne sur d'autres pages?
- (2020-09-24, v:10.0.0.4) Mahammad Shaikh: google input
- (2020-09-24, v:10.0.0.4) Akhil Jackson: Unable to downlaod
Why I'm not able to downlaod this anymore?. An error has occurred . Download interrupted this massage is on display when I try to add this extension. Please help me to fix this issue asap. Thanks...
- (2020-09-23, v:10.0.0.4) Ramesh Madhavan: How do i use other language fonts using Google input tools in other apps
I was using Tamil language in Windows 7 and after upgrading to 10 am not able to use through the language bar, its only showing Tamil 99 and not showing Google input tool when I select Tamil language
- (2020-09-20, v:10.0.0.4) Munika Prasad: nig
- (2020-09-20, v:10.0.0.4) Munika Prasad: nig
- (2020-09-20, v:10.0.0.4) pvtech computer: how to download google input tool
google input tool ko download ka url nahi mil raha
- (2020-09-19, v:10.0.0.4) 小林めぐみ: 日本語にしたい
- (2020-09-18, v:10.0.0.4) sankaran namboodiripad: input service
malayalam in put service
- (2020-09-16, v:10.0.0.4) Vincent K: Cantonese Jyutping Support
Hello! Sorry for the interruption. I was wondering if there were any plans to add Cantonese Jyutping support as an IME option. For example, currently, on Android, for Cantonese, one can choose between Yale, Jyutping and Cantonese Pinyin. Thanks for your time! Kind regards, V
- (2020-09-16, v:10.0.0.4) Mohd Nizam: lock google
- (2020-09-15, v:10.0.0.4) re rt: фф
- (2020-09-15, v:10.0.0.4) Shankar Suhalaka: download issue
how to download for window 10
- (2020-09-13, v:10.0.0.4) Ramesh R: google input tools for tamil
how to download english to tamil typing keyboard for pc
- (2020-09-13, v:10.0.0.4) Sunny Sarah: Google input tool extension
can install, language correctly comes, however, not able to insert the word in Google Docs. Works only in Gmail. Pls get it fixed for Google Docs. I can see the translation in the hover box, but cannot click on the right word and insert it in the text.
- (2020-09-13, v:10.0.0.4) Gauri Bathe: google input tool not download
An error has occurred Download interrupted this massage is display on desktop when i add extension on chrom of google input tool
- (2020-09-12, v:10.0.0.4) chandra sen: google input tools not supported
- (2020-09-12, v:10.0.0.4) Dorothy Gentry: cant dowload
unable to download
- (2020-09-11, v:10.0.0.4) Sahu Rj: i can't downlaod
how to downlaod this software
- (2020-09-10, v:10.0.0.4) 정희박: chrom 활용법
chrom을 이용해서 internet을 사용하려면 어떻게 해야 되나요?
- (2020-09-08, v:10.0.0.4) barbara bozic: doxy.me/ronil is my doctor and on chrome I cannot get this to come up.
I have tried for days to get chrome to work. I cannot get this address to come up, what do I do?
- (2020-09-08, v:10.0.0.4) Michael Andersen: Cannot use in google docs
This works with gmail and a few other websites, but I cannot get it to work with google docs. The text does not appear. I even tried it with english in case it was a font problem. Am I doing something wrong?
- (2020-09-07, v:10.0.0.4) bao lam yen: https://support.google.com/mail/thread/4472639?hl=vi&msgid=4472639
khong dang nghap duoc
- (2020-09-02, v:10.0.0.4) Akalesh Purude: after space it deletes all typed lines
i am using marathi language after space it deletes all typed lines . please help me
- (2020-09-02, v:10.0.0.4) Claudia Luk: never work with google doc
the extension never work with google doc created lots of problems. when can this be fixed??
- (2020-08-28, v:10.0.0.4) SURENDRA KUMAR: language
google input tool for language
4.0 (5,118 votes)
Last update / version
2020-07-23 / 10.0.0.4