Input Tools lets you type in the language of your choice.
By installing this extension, you agree to the Terms of Service at http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/terms/. Switch to typing in a different language with the click of the mouse, and switch back just as easily. The Google Input Tools extension provides virtual keyboards for over 90 languages, full IMEs or direct transliteration for over 30 different scripts, and handwriting input for over 40 languages. What's New? ✓ Fix some bugs. Usage Instructions: When you first install the extension, click on the extension icon, then select "Extension Options" in the pop-up menu. A new tab will appear where you can select your preferred languages or input methods. The keyboards, IMEs or handwriting input you add to 'Selected input tools' can be enabled at any time from the extension itself. You can always return to this options page to add, remove, or change the order of your input tools. input tool, simply click on the extension icon, select the desired language tool in the pop-up menu, then click on any text box on the web page. To turn off an input tool, click on the extension icon and select the "Turn Off" option. To use transliteration, type languages phonetically in English letters, and they'll appear in their correct alphabet. Keep in mind that transliteration is different from translation; the sound of the words is converted from one alphabet to the other, not the meaning. For example, to get in नमस्ते with Hindi transliteration, type in n-a-m-a-s-t-e. You will get a list of Hindi words sound like namaste. Then, press SPACE to select the first suggestion नमस्ते. Latin IMEs are to help people type in Latin-script languages using the US keyboard. Features include automatic diacritics, spell correction, and prefix completion. To use Latin IMEs, type unaccented letters, and they will be corrected to a desired word. For example, type "franca" in French IME, "français" appears, and it can be committed by pressing TAB. If continuously typing "francais", "français" will be committed by pressing SPACE. To get all the candidates for "francais", press BACKSPACE. To use handwriting input, select the handwriting input of your desired language. Press trackpad or left click of mouse to hand draw a character on the pop-up handwriting panel. Select the character from the suggestion list, or simply press ENTER or SPACE key to select the first suggestion. Need help? Find a problem? Point your browser here for support: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/support/mclkkofklkfljcocdinagocijmpgbhab Keyboard Shortcuts: ✓ ALT+SHIFT+N - Switch to next input tool in the list (if the extension is off, turn it on; if the current input tool is the last tool in the list, turn the extension off) ✓ ALT+SHIFT+R - Revert to the last input tool used (if none, turn off the extension) ✓ ALT+SHIFT+T Toggle the current input tool. ✓ SHIFT - Toggle between En/Cn state (Chinese input tools only) ✓ SHIFT+SPACE - Toggle the SBC/DBC mode (Chinese input tools only) ✓ CTRL+PERIOD - Toggle Chinese / European language punctuation (Chinese input tools only) Limitations: Due to security features of Google Chrome, the Google Input Tools extension will not assist with input in the address bar (omnibox), on the Chrome Web Store, or inside of other Chrome extensions. It does not currently assist with input inside of Flash applications. By installing this extension, you agree to the Terms of Service at https://chrome.google.com/extensions/intl/en /gallery_tos.html
- (2020-01-19) Ivan Leung: Did you test it on Chromebook? Once I selected to use Chinese Trad. I have a HUGE difficulty to switch it back to English typing. I dont understand the logic to deactivate it.
- (2020-01-18) Sachin Wagde: hi it is very usefull full tool
- (2020-01-16) Sudip Bhattacharjya: Typing in Bengali is difficult. I type smoothly, But If I want to insert anything everything gets overwritten. If I put a backslash, it wipes of all I typed. Gboard and Google indic keyboard on Android is far more efficient. I had to revert to my old method of typing in Bengali through a different software.
- (2020-01-14) Veterans TR: kullanımını gösteren videoyu daha detaylı kullanımını ögretici yapsaydınız 40 burda yazmak zorunda bizide bırakmazdınız.
- (2020-01-13) SMIT GEMS: GOOD SUPAR
- (2020-01-09) 二向相性: 手写的输入框在2K 4K分辨率的屏幕下太小了，除了位置可调外，希望能增加大小的可调性。
- (2020-01-07) Seiko Fujikuro: Since I got a new laptop at work with Windows 10, I haven't been able to type in Japanese even after installing the language. Apparently, this is a common problem for Enterprise version of Windows 10 if your OS is the English version. This is extension is great! Easy to install and use. Does exactly what I needed.
- (2020-01-06) Elle Mura: In Japanese, if you go back to add a character, everything you've typed after the new character gets deleted! Glad I figured that out fast!
- (2020-01-01) mojtaba vahdati: Issues: 1- Opening it takes two clicks (instead of one) 2- No way to switch the language from inside the vKeyboard 3- Doesn't work in the URL bar of the Chrome itself
- (2020-01-01) Vishnu Sadanandan: (Malayalam) Not working on google docs. While we are enabled the Malayalam input tool. Suggestion came up but did not seen in docs.
- (2020-01-01) MS TECH: nice
- (2019-12-31) HyungSoo Lim: 한글 인식률 매우 좋음.
- (2019-12-24) BANG bing: mei you yong
- (2019-12-21) Abhishek Biswas: No Voice typing😠😠
- (2019-12-20) eeswar b: Am i dumb or the UX designer of google are dumb? installed this extention and can't even find how to add the language from this page..
- (2019-12-18) tf ff: ดี
- (2019-12-17) mad world: one all
- (2019-12-14) Gabriel Tzukishiro: Cada vez que quería comentar en una caja de comentarios de facebook, el cursor se movia al inicio y era imposible escribir. Desactive todas las extensiones y las fui activando una a una, y esta extensión era la culpable, y ni si quiera estaba activa cuando el problema ocurria.
- (2019-12-11) 刘涛立: I can't type Chinese at here! I also can't type Chinese in the address bar. Sometimes when I want to delete something I wrote, it will delete all I have written, this made me upset.
- (2019-12-10) Gabirela lai CB: I have been using this extension for years since the cantonese input was first introduced, it's the best Cantonese input I have ever used, I can't live without it now. I switched my habit from MS office to google doc and have all my typings done on Chrome just because of this Cantonese input feature. I love it. However, it's kind of buggy i have to say. one thing is, when inputing chinese word, there is this list of word options which you can choose from, it always sticks to the top of the page, so if you scrolled down the page, the word selection menu is always on top of the page, i.e. you cannot choose words unless you scrolled all the way back to top. and the second thing is that it's not very compatible with Facebook, very often when I type, if I click backspace to delete words, all words I typed disappeared. so i kind of need to type it down somewhere else first, then copy and paste it on FB. Thirdly, the input tool cannot be used in that google search thing that appears automatically when you open a new tab on Chrome (i am not sure what its called) i always need to go to google.com first and type my search on a webpage. Lastly, sometimes the extension cannot function at all with google doc (and other google suite), no word come out at all when I type and i have to restart my computer again hoping it can work. but overall I have been a fan of this extension, I love this cantonese input and I am so happy google developed this
- (2019-12-07) Ujjwal Singh: MAJOR BUG: when a word is not selected - the entire text is cleared. E.g. select 'Hindi', type a few letters in English, press escape > the entire textbox is cleared! Besides pressing space should complete the current word - currently it clears the entire text!
- (2019-12-07) GEETHAKUMARI V: when want to type date with malayalam like 15/08/2019, its coming as with malayalam letter .I cant type it in one strech .its coming as parts.
- (2019-12-06) 兵杨: very nice!!!
- (2019-12-03) Mr.CoolGuy: Major malfunction found, when typing in 'Hindi' after 'Space' is given after an word, the cursor randomly goes to the start of the sentence deleting the entire sentence, FIX IT!
- (2019-11-29) venkatachalapathy P: i use this tool to tamil type good work
- (2020-01-17, v:126.96.36.199) QASIM PATHAN: KASIM PATHAN
- (2020-01-16, v:188.8.131.52) Biswajit Biswas: Do not use on window
no option on window so how to use in window pls answer me
- (2020-01-16, v:184.108.40.206) Nilesh Maheshwari: I WANT TO INSTALL GOOGLE TOOLS FOR PC
Please share process to installation of google tools
- (2020-01-14, v:220.127.116.11) Sofia Khan: convert urdu english to english
i am using urdu english like tum kaise ho ? why not convert in english ..only other languages can be convert
- (2020-01-13, v:18.104.22.168) Chikan Wala: how to type प्रमाणित
i tried to type प्रमाणित but could not get sucess i was using google online input tools using hindi.
- (2020-01-12, v:22.214.171.124) Zhao Wei Yi: Backspace on last char in prompt result in removal all in a line.
Chinese input, in Twitter reply(only), removing last char in "prompt bar" result in removing all char in the editing line.
- (2020-01-08, v:126.96.36.199) Rocky Kam: input tool display issue
the input tool for catonese input keeps taking a space as a floating window over the screen, affecting the usability... any way we can hide it up? Thank you!
- (2020-01-08, v:188.8.131.52) George frank: problems to start my resseted android
cannot sign in on Android device
- (2020-01-07, v:184.108.40.206) Guillermo Ferreira DaSilva: establecer google chrome
no encuentro google chrome
- (2020-01-07, v:220.127.116.11) Vinod Sahani: HINDI
- (2020-01-07, v:18.104.22.168) Delfinette dophin: changer la langue de l`outil de saisie
comment ca marche pour changer la langue de l`outil de saisie pour la mètre en francais
- (2020-01-07, v:22.214.171.124) Delfinette dophin: outils de saisie changer ca langue
aider moi a changer la langue dans l`outil de saisie pour changer la langue en francais
- (2020-01-05, v:126.96.36.199) Ravi Kant Mishra: Is Google Input Tools available in offline desktop version
Earlier, I had Google Input Tools supporting Hindi, Sanskrit, Oriya languages for my desktop PC for offline use. Is that version available? Kindly send the link & procedure to download it.
- (2020-01-04, v:188.8.131.52) Anoir Ben Tanfous: Issues while typing
When I type for arabic most of the time it is useless as it keeps erasing the text after few words and this the most annoying thing ever... I regret not learning keyboard layout after all these years giving this a chance... This is broken by design, the desktop version was better but since it is discontinued then we are left without an option... this is sad because if Google made it open source at least other devs will manage to fix issues and add improvements...
- (2020-01-04, v:184.108.40.206) Anand Mulye: Google Input tools is already there on my Laptop
It is not showing on my task bar some times so can not use the input tools to select language, please fix the same.
- (2020-01-03, v:220.127.116.11) sateesh kumar: google in put tools
plz provide google input tools desktop version
- (2020-01-03, v:18.104.22.168) jpjhs chandrapur: google input tools in offline mode
I have been using this software in offline mode but after formatting my laptop i am unable to install this software also found new updated google input tools but it only works when internet is connected. I want this software in offline mode, Can you suugest how to use in offline mode.
- (2020-01-02, v:22.214.171.124) Eugene Sze: Work on Google Children account
Since Google children account is not allowed to use chrome extensions, I'm wondering is there another way to make the google input tool to work for my kid's account? She needs to type/handwrite Chinese once in a while.
- (2020-01-01, v:126.96.36.199) NIRAJ RAJYAGURU: can't download this ffor my pc.
how to install google input tool in my pc?
- (2020-01-01, v:188.8.131.52) pasan rashmika: downlord
i can't donlord this for my laptop mya laptop in acer nitro 5... OS is win 10 pro but i can donlord this
- (2019-12-30, v:184.108.40.206) 김병용: 제품으급수리
케논 mx477복합기입니다 복사를 할려고 시행을 하니 종이를 끌어 삽입이 되지 안습니다 응급 처치 방법을 어떻게 하여야 합니까? 아시는분이 게시면 조언을 부탁드입니다.
- (2019-12-30, v:220.127.116.11) 김병용: mx477제품으로 삽입고장
상기 제품으로 인쇄시 밑의 종이 투입구에서 종이를 투입하지 못합니다 종이만 약간씩 움직입니다 그러니까 종이 를끌어 당기길 못합니다 하여 인쇄가 불가능 하지요 응급조치를 어떻게 하여야 합니까?
- (2019-12-26, v:18.104.22.168) naveen bhardwaj: installing issue
hindi tool does not work properly, how can i resolve this issue?
- (2019-12-24, v:22.214.171.124) Andy Zertsalov: клавиатура
Не работает нихрена ваша дрянная клавиатура!
- (2019-12-22, v:126.96.36.199) clermont Légaré: google mini
je ne peux installer google home sur mon portable
4.0428 (4,958 votes)
Last update / version
2019-12-22 / 188.8.131.52