A zoomed eyedropper & color chooser tool that allows you to select color values from webpages and more.
If you feel the need to alert the developer about a bug use the feedback forum instead of writing a review. ColorPick needs permission on all websites so that it is at the ready when you need it. In order to use the tabs API this permission is required. Color pick does not abuse this permission and is highly configurable. You can always review the source code yourself, which is available online here https://github.com/qufighter/ColorPick PRs welcome! Please note that colors are picked from a snapshot of the page that is updated only when you scroll. To take a new snapshot press r or use the re-snap button. Sometimes if you just changed tabs, you may see a snapshot error - this is an intentional security feature. Press R or scroll to correct this, or exit color pick and try again. As with most extensions of this nature, it will not work out of the box on the web store, or on file:// pages. It will work on local file pages only after you "Allow access to file URLs" from the tools->extensions manager. If you experience an issue, try the following: - Try a new website in a different tab and see if it works there - Try the same website in a new tab and see if that works - Reloading the extension or tab may sometimes be needed If you need to operate on unsupported pages try the desktop app version (mac+pc) at color-pick.com or if you are selecting colors from screenshots, images or photos try the mobile phone/tablet app for IOS and Android - search the store for "ColorPick" (which also includes color based mini games). If you're looking for a quick and easy to use color eye dropper with zoomed drag-able preview for fine tuning you've come to the right place. If you experience any bugs PLEASE report them using the feedback button, I want to fix them if they can be fixed. It has been reported that it may take a few tries before it starts working initially. You may have to refresh the page or re-load the extension. I have personally experienced bugs where mousemove event does not fire, etc, but then when I switch out of chrome and back, it starts working. There is little that can be done to fix this except be patient and try again. Keep in mind that your display's color space matters - if it or chrome is not set to sRGB (and restarted chrome) then some colors set to one value will pick as a different value (as if from a screenshot, which in some cases can have a similar effect). Color Pick attempts to use lossless PNG quality to detect colors. If you experience bugs or distorted snapshot of the page disable this feature to use JPEG quality. If your business is using this extension or the desktop app than you should urge them to purchase the appropriate license. Thank You, Sam ------------------------------------------- This program is a Color Picker, or an Eye Dropper, also a ColorPicker or EyeDroper depending on how you wish to spell it. It also contains webpage region magnification/zoom loupe features. Zoom features may help you to see pixel perfect alignment accuracy during web development adjustments. This extension may someday be supported by URL rewriting affiliate links. This may be disabled from options and is disabled by default. When you uninstall this extension you may be asked to complete a survey - you can disable this survey from options.
- (2020-06-24) Rob Selker: Been using this extension for years. Occasionally has a few bugs, but I really can't complain too much. 4.5/5 stars, but I'm rounding up. ❤
- (2020-06-23) just thetech: hey,...notbadd.....
- (2020-04-11) Alex Ferre: It's been great till now. I don't know what they did. It only works sometimes and on some pages. Tried reloading, restarting, reinstalling, everything.
- (2020-04-10) Rebeca Marina Roldán López: Me gusta que puedas desplazar el selector de color alrededor de toda la página; es muy útil que haga un zoom para tener las diversas tonalidades que componen la imagen.
- (2020-04-07) Codelab de Webserveis: Podria ser mejor si adaptará un nuevo estilo mas material design, así con los dedos seria usable, como algún botón directo para copiar las casillas de los colores
- (2020-04-05) Chetan Chitriv: It's awesome to pick the color.
- (2020-03-24) Lillian Kang: I was concerned that this plugin would have access to too much information, so I was relieved that you mentioned that you only capture a screenshot (chrome.tabs.captureVisibleTab). I inspected the popup and see that you aren't sending any information to a third party, and I appreciate that as well. I was wondering if you could use the activeTab permission instead of all_urls? Just for peace of mind. After all, https://developer.chrome.com/extensions/tabs#method-captureVisibleTab says that should be possible. Anyway, great work! Thank you very much for making this for free! Fantastic UI concept, and lots of little embellishments, like adding your picker to all input type=color elements.
- (2020-03-11) Tyler Benedum: This is awesome! I can add the right colors and reuse them for stuff! I would recommend this to everyone I know!!
- (2020-03-10) Zuben Bastani: Straight forward and solid, no bugs, no drag.
- (2020-02-07) mursini alvanou: i thing is good but not too mith
- (2020-01-12) Gucci Ming: annoying pop-ups x.x
- (2019-12-24) Sibghat ullah: Great Extension help me a lot in my Work
- (2019-12-18) Erhan D.: Amacına hizmet ediyor.
- (2019-12-05) ömer paşa: ne işe yarıyor lan bı
- (2019-12-05) Pavlo Bohatchuk: Лучший пикер из подобных
- (2019-11-25) Norbert Demeter: Works great, just what i needed. I searched for it, added it to Chrome, and was ready to go in less than 10 seconds.
- (2019-11-19) Сергей Пустовит: Работает. Есть пожелание, чтобы по умолчанию цвет был lower case, но в настройках есть возможность выбора, и то хорошо
- (2019-11-09) Zesavageone: Don't get it. probably because im 12
- (2019-10-26) Andres Hugo Quispe: Excelente,la recomiendo. Seria genial si pudiera integrarse dentro de google slides y que el color seleccionado con el complemento aparezca directo en la paleta de colores de google slides
- (2019-10-24) Andrey Dobrozhanskiy: Спасибо, очень удобно!
- (2019-09-25) m kh: ♥ عاااااااااااااااااااالیه واقعا کارمو راحت تر کرد.قبلا مجبور بودم اسکرین بگیرم ببرم فتوشاپ
- (2019-09-10) Roblox TV Network: I HATE THIS I USE IT ON PICTURES AND IT DOESNT WORK ANYMORE
- (2019-08-31) MozarteanChaos: works nicely. has been asking me to buy a license recently, not sure if that has any features attached or if it's just to support the developers? it doesn't seem to stop me from using it, so i'm not too worried (even if it does stop me, it's pretty cheap so again, not too concerned, more just confused) i've had this extension installed for a while now, and while i don't use it often, it does what it's meant to do when i need it to, and that's enough for a good rating.
- (2019-08-17) Omely Candy & Snack Shop: verry helpful for UI/UX designers, developers
- (2019-08-12) I liked it
- (2019-07-08, v:0.0.2.29) David K: Registration Question
Love the extension... Is this free or will it eventually deactivate? I'm confused why its asking me to register. What are the benefits of registering?
- (2019-04-10, v:0.0.2.24) Bill Beaver: ColorPick Eyedropper Not Working
I have been using this extension for some time now and it's always worked great. All of a sudden it wasn't working all of the time and works intermittently. I thought perhaps I needed to buy a license so I did so. Still not working. When I hover over something the box opens and says ColorPicker enabled then flashes "may not work" and the message reload the page or refresh. Neither of which work.
- (2019-03-28, v:0.0.2.23) IT DON'T WORK!!!!!! FIX NOW!!!!!
This site is so horrible. It does not let me download it and I really really really really need it!!!!! You need to fix this site NOW!!!!!!!!!!
- (2019-01-18, v:0.0.2.21) hi
it not letting get it
- (2018-12-08, v:0.0.2.18) MaLik Mubeen: Not working..
It doesn't work on images opened on chrome..
- (2018-11-13, v:0.0.2.17) Cole Chamberlain: Malware reported
I recently installed this extension but was unable to detect colors in images and ended up installing the Windows executable from the extension itself. This was on my work machine, shortly thereafter I received a ticket from internal security that my machine was infected with malware "ColorPick.exe". Running the executable through VirusTotal shows it is flagged by a subset of A/V checkers as a Trojan: https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/a6a385ef845772f0b40f39b81304d766f203d2ec58195a217d160103d34b1f1d/detection Any idea what's going on with this? I don't see other malware reports here.
- (2018-11-08, v:0.0.2.17) Penny Badowska: Colour picker not working on website
When I hover over any colour on www.flatwhitewebsites.co.uk, it shows up as #000000. The same happens with other websites that we design and host. Is there any reason for this?
- (2018-10-18, v:0.0.2.17) Keyboard Shortcuts
Hey there. do you think a keyboard shortcut would work out nicely? I was thinking of stuff like Command + Shift + p for "start picking a color", Command + Shift + Space for "pick this color" and Command + Shift + Esc for "i'm done" or something like that. other than that, its pretty much perfect.
- (2018-08-27, v:0.0.2.13) Anatoliy Bright: Can't copy-paste
I can't copy paste color from the floating field in some cases
- (2018-08-23, v:0.0.2.13) GOOD