Modify HTTP request and response headers
- (2021-06-17) Brian Burns: Easy to use, thank you :) But make sure if you use an Accept header that your service can actually supply that format - I was hitting an MTConnect Agent to get JSON output but didn't realize they didn't support JSON until v1.5, so kept getting back XML!
- (2021-06-17) Eric Maas: Great tool for down and dirty headers.
- (2021-06-16) Lorenzo Martini: potreste spiegare a cosa serve ?
- (2021-05-27) Анатолий Иваненко: Отличное расширение))
- (2021-05-25) Ilya Trushchenko: Could not make it to apply different headers for different tabs.. UI is not intuitive
- (2021-05-18) 黎国贤: 请问一下，该插件的header的key，在实际插入请求header的时候会转换成小写，这个是什么原理呢？如果需要保留大写，需要怎么操作呢。
- (2021-04-08) Deniss Dmitrijevs: Very simple in use.
- (2021-04-07) ZONG ZU: chrome最好用的修改请求头的插件
- (2021-03-21) Paulo Sergio Bressan: Muito útil
- (2021-03-19) Артем Шевцов: Очень удобный интерфейс, успешно отредактировал Host header для localhost для теста роутов в symfony
- (2021-02-17) Marcel Woźniak: very good extension, i am finally free of being served images in .webp format
- (2021-02-08) Brian Tully: Why can you create multiple profiles without the ability to disable/enable them individually? I have 4 profiles but all of them are active and there doesn't seem to be a way to disable profiles. Is the only option to delete the profile?
- (2021-02-04) Brad West: I was trying to automate some manual processes with a SaaS provider who used ancient iFrames with header-based authentication... barf. Then I found this plugin which allowed me to access the embedded pages in a new tab and carry over my authentication. Lifesaver
- (2021-02-03) Rodrigo Estevão: I thought that it is very handy and have been helping me a lot!
- (2021-02-01) Mohamed Fathy: Love It Thank You
- (2021-01-31) vaycore: good!
- (2021-01-21) Scott Mangiapane: I was using Requestly but got tired of the popups asking me to make an account. I switched to this and am enjoying it.
- (2021-01-12) sandy sns: Thank you for this. It's so simple and easy to use. Love it.
- (2020-12-15) Begali Sydykov: Super. Just what I wanted.
- (2020-12-09) Roblox_Land: it does no have zoom pro!!!
- (2020-12-01) Chris Rippingale: I use this every day. Thank you for a great tool.
- (2020-11-26) Igor Ribeiro Sucupira: Tab locking works a little weirdly, but I rarely use it. In general this extension is very useful.
- (2020-11-17) Aaron Roberts: Works flawlessly!
- (2020-11-12) Kake Gu: pretty good
- (2020-11-11) Bruce Hubbard: GOOGLE PLEASE REMOVE THIS EXTENSION! It now embeds malware.
- (2020-11-06) Daniel Teh: DO NOT USE THIS. It will install a proxy to funnel traffic through your network connection. What a shame because this extension was very useful.
- (2020-11-04) Alex Smith: Now has a unwanted proxy, which is not notified to user: https://github.com/bewisse/modheader/issues/64 Stored here for if the above gets removed: https://web.archive.org/web/20201104033708/https://github.com/bewisse/modheader/issues/64
- (2020-11-04) Aare Roosivali: Was great but looks like some latest update turned into malware. :'(
- (2020-11-03) Tey Z: STAY AWAY unconsented bot net integration
- (2020-11-02) Tim D: the addition of the P2P file sharing functionality forces us to ban this extension and all bewisse products company wide. Thank for using us as porn serving zombies.
- (2020-11-02) Top Reddit Stories: Good and convenient extension!
- (2020-11-02) Adrian James: As of 31/10/20, the mod sneakily adds you to the infatica.io P2P proxy network, which then monetises your bandwidth. Privacy notice is updated to warn you but existing users may not be aware.
- (2020-10-31) DESTINY 〆: 感谢作者，太好用了
- (2020-10-26) defu he: function perfectly! but if it support request body modification, that could be better. maybe it's not in http get request's features
- (2020-10-12) Giorgi Topuria: It got updated and I lost all my headers setup...
- (2020-10-01) Innocent Bindura: I work with cloud tech and some time it is difficult to test stuff in the browser! This tool makes my life seamless; I am able to test my concepts on the fly, modify headers without actually writing code is a big plus!
- (2020-08-24) zhengqiang cheng: 很好用，解决了后台系统多种权限账号切换问题
- (2020-08-19) Caijin Koc: good
- (2020-08-18) Mark Hudson: A slick way of adding the `Accept:application/JSON` headers to any browser window.
- (2020-08-06) 中布斯: good
- (2020-07-07) TeleA lex: почему ничего не вижу в логе заголовков? се активировано постоянно, + даже закрепил за открытой вкладкой.. везде все пусто(((
- (2020-07-06) Maciej Zawiasa: I gave only one star because I'm not able to turn off profile sharing over the could
- (2020-07-02) bhujang bhagas: Nice plugin
- (2020-06-28) Rask R: Very helpful utility! I love the profiles feature, and also tab lock. I wish it would tell you which tab is selected, though.
- (2020-04-15) FENG berd: The extension is amazing, however I can only give 3 star because of the new UI IDK what's wrong with the old design, but in v3.0.3 the UI is horrible... I mean, it's more effective but looks really bad. There're problems with the icon size, color pattern, font size and text alignment Even the 3 dot menu isn't displaying properly(Clipped by popup frame)
- (2020-04-14) karthick rajan: Hey i Love the way it works. But personally i feel the new UI crappy. The Old UI looked pretty descent. This new UI irritates my eyes. Sorry to say this but had to.
- (2020-04-14) 郭逍遥: Very good
- (2020-04-13) Jason Kleban: What was wrong with the previous UI? Why this redesign? The indicator used to show if anything was active or not (greyed out) which was more helpful than having it seemingly ALWAYS active-looking and having to have a profile allocated to "None" and reading that tiny number to see if headers are on or not at a glance. But even a second "None" profile is not a workable solution to this because we might have many headers to flip on or off - too many permutations for individual profiles. When I uncheck every header, it still shows the profile indicator that used to mean some header was being modified.
- (2020-04-13) Patrick Nelson: Awesome! So far, this has been a very helpful utility for me. Would be really awesome if it were possible to configure it to only send headers either on requests currently under the current tab (and not ALL tabs for ALL requests) or somehow retain settings on a per tab basis. Reason: If I'm sending an "Authorization: Bearer ..." token to test something out really quickly, I'll get kicked out of SoundCloud in another tab/window entirely :) EDIT: Adjusting review downward from 5 to 3 stars until the new UI (updated April 2020) can be fixed. Please see: https://github.com/bewisse/modheader/issues/40
- (2021-05-17, v:3.1.20) Boryslav Boronylo: I cant make it work properly on Centos
Hi, I have google-chrome on centos, i added your extension and extension can add new headers, but once i try to remove some existing headers nothing happens. CentOS Linux release 8.3.2011 Google Chrome Version 90.0.4430.93 Please suggest THanks
- (2021-04-18, v:3.1.20) Mike Bell: Referer header not being attached to requests
- (2021-01-11, v:3.1.17) Tech Source: Keyboard shortcut key
Can you share the keyboard shortcut key to click on modify header chrome extension. Please need to automate using AutoIt
- (2020-09-20, v:3.1.9) Kiran jonnalagadda: it is not working on google chrome v 85. it is not enabled
it is not working on google chrome Version 85.0.4183.102 (Official Build) (64-bit). it showing disabled. Tried to enable still no use
- (2020-09-01, v:3.1.9) Anya Fishchuk: Capitalisation removed from header name
Hi! When I add a custom header name, using also capital letter (like Authorisation ), the tool removes the capitalisation from the this request header (authorization), as I can see in the development tool (F12). Is there something to do on it? It is important because the API I try top reach, does expect Authorization header name with a capital letter. Thank you! Anya
- (2020-08-25, v:3.1.9) Himani Sharma: trying to download the modheader extesion but it is showing an error...
Empty Extension! Could not download the extension because Google returned an empty file. An e-mail has been sent to the developers. please help me
- (2020-08-24, v:3.1.9) Mae - Ann: Error in installing the extension
When I try to add the Chrome extension on my Windows machine, I receive this error message: "Can not unpack extension. To safely unpack an extension, there must be a path to your profile directory that starts with a drive letter and does not contain a junction, mount point, or symlink. No such path exists for your profile." What is the workaround? Or how do I resolve this?
- (2020-08-05, v:3.1.8) Jayson Cote: Inability to use header on specific domain
I only want this header mod to work for certain domains, is it possible to add this?
- (2020-07-06, v:3.1.6) Maciej Zawiasa: Profile sharing options
I'm not able to turn off profile sharing over the could. I don't want tu publish anyhow my data
- (2020-06-17, v:3.1.6) Dan Haggerty: Add defaults for missing fields on JSON import
I want to generate a JSON file to import, and I really only care about the title of the profile and the header names + values. It would be great if I could: 1. leave out fields that I don't care about, like color, or comment 2. have the option to overwrite existing profiles with the same name My use case is, I want to create a bunch of profiles programatically, so I can easily keep a set of profiles up to date with some code I'm working on.
- (2020-06-12, v:3.1.5) Anastassia Meritee: ModHeader extension is lagging
Hi, I have macbook with the latest OS installed, however, the extension is lagging for me so badly that I cannot even add any headers. I really need it for work and can't find another extension working.
- (2020-06-05, v:3.1.4) NoobTube: Multiple, random X-Forwarded-For IPS?
Hey there, I got an problem that I need an IP, where the last digits change randomly between 10-254 .. is there any way to do it? like every time the page reloads, the IP gets changed to 111.222.333.xxx and xxx is always random? Would be nice to have that feature since it would allow me so much more to do :) Best Regards!
- (2020-05-29, v:3.1.4) Tom Bevan: SVG's not working
Hi. I'm using your plugin to check a site before it's made live but for some reason there are a couple of SVGs that aren't working. I've heard of a potential issue with fontawesome files but that isn't what we're using. I can see the files in the media library and visit the file URL so they seem fine. Any ideas?
- (2020-05-13, v:3.0.7) Doctor Lab: form authentication
Hello Brother I runing ASP.NET MCV 4 With Microsoft SQL Server Database Softwere on localhost IIS for our Medical Laboratory Reporting . I Want some changing my that existing software want to change Authentication Method from Form Authentication to Windows Authentication and like basic Authentication If You like i provide you more detail which you want at WhatsApp I want your help for this Thanks Regards Waheed Murad 0923004887139
- (2020-05-04, v:3.0.7) Pablo Kopelman: Modifying a header value is not working
Since the major gui upgrade, clicking on a header value field to change it don't work. the cursor never shows and modifying the value is possible only after a few clicks on play button and lock button.
- (2020-04-30, v:3.0.7) Chris Campbell: Empty popup
When I click the ModHeader icon in the Chrome toolbar, I get a totally empty white popup. Have tried on different sites, and have tried restarting the browser but that didn't help...?
- (2020-04-24, v:3.0.7) Evgeniy Drozdov: New updates
Hello. There are very many UI bags after latests plugin updates.
- (2020-04-16, v:3.0.6) J Tester: Request Headers consistently being lost
Something odd started occurring after updating to version 3.X, where calls with multiple request headers set are losing their headers/values. Occurs probably 25% of the time, and strangely enough doesn't occur at all when chrome developer tools is open. Updated to 3.0.6 and still seeing this behavior. Any idea what might be at play here?
- (2020-04-16, v:3.0.5) María Emilia Silveira: Json Export Funcionality
Json Export Funcionality was very useful for my team automated testing tool, is there a posibillity to get it back? Thank you!
- (2020-04-14, v:3.0.3) Oliver McRobbie: Please bring back the previous export functionality
Thank you for the very useful tool, but I've noticed that the latest update changes how profiles are exported, now generating a url instead of a simple JSON object. Is there a way to use the older export functionality? The urls do not work for my purposes. Thank you.
- (2020-04-14, v:3.0.2) Peter Finlay: Latest update UI
Hey guys, the latest update has brought on a UI that's incredibly rough on the eyes. Any possibility of a much simpler interface as previous, or customisation options for the UI. ModHeader is something I use 7 days /week so appreciate the opportunity to submit this feedback!
- (2020-04-13, v:3.0.1) Swaroop Raj: Is it possible to Prevent / Restrict the user by modifying the Request Header
I have encountered a situation that user can modify the Request Header. Since am looking for the same name in the application, if user modified it then all gone wrong. So, looking for the solution to restrict the user by modifying the Request Header.
- (2020-04-01, v:2.5.4) D Scott: Append to URL....?
I'd like to append "?cache_off" to all url's on a particular site. Is this possible with this extension? I've tried the Replace URL function but it seems to add the replacement twice.
- (2020-03-26, v:2.5.4) Andreas Thorsson Aaro: Google spreadsheet
Google spreadsheet mainmenu stuck in endless loading loop. Had to deactivate ModHeader 2.5.4 for it to work again.
- (2020-02-08, v:2.5.4) Rakesh Hooda: Not able to use in Selenium
chrome-extension://idgpnmonknjnojddfkpgkljpfnnfcklj/settings.tmpl.html This url is not opening.File not found when opened in Browser to set headers using selenium in 2.5.4 version. Please let me how to open it in chrome to change the values.
- (2020-01-21, v:2.5.4) Josh Roberson: Changing the case of my headers!
This plugin is sending all headers added in lower case, when it should not be altering the case from the entered form. This breaks compatibility with some APIs that I use. Please stop changing to all lowercase, and preserve the headers exactly as written!
- (2019-12-11, v:2.5.3) Eric Plank: Since update v2.5.3. Completely broken
Does not modify headers anymore since update v2.5.3. Completely broken
- (2019-12-11, v:2.5.3) Martin Shameti: Sending Headers to sites on Filter List Broken as of v2.5.3
The headers are not getting passed down to the request as of today's update.
- (2019-11-06, v:2.4.1) Vitor Pereira: Configuration provisioning
Is there anyway to provision the extension configuration? Say, for example, using the registry on Windows machines?
- (2019-10-14, v:2.4.0) Muhammad Ali: Have you removed the comments column?
i can't find the comments column and it's important as i have the same header name and switch it regularly and can't determine that by the value
- (2019-09-04, v:2.4.0) elec tone: How do I disable Brotli Content Encoding in Chrome ver 76.0.3809.100?
I am once again getting the following error in the latest version of Google Chrome: "Content Transformation Error Proxy cannot apply content transformation.This could be caused by a misconfiguration, or possibly a response with an unknown content encoding." When this has happened on previous versions I disabled the Brotli Content Encoding in the Chrome://flags, and was able to view content as normal, but this setting no longer appears. This is of particular problem when trying viewing some forums (https) and YouTube content, which now no longer works. I have no control over the company Proxy/Firewall so cannot change anything there, and the Chrome version is network distributed and installed, so I cannot move to an older version! Chrome is running on Windows 7 (64-bit). I'd be grateful for any help to resolve this issue. Thank you.
- (2019-09-03, v:2.4.0) Thomas Haarbach: Header Key lowercase
Hi, if i add the header ModPagespeed=off the key is converted to lowercase. ModPagespeed will ignore lowercase header keys. Also tried with PageSpeed=off. Using Firefox with ModHeaders is working as expected.
- (2019-08-21, v:2.3.9) Carmelo Milordo: CORS PROBLEM AND HEADER NOT ADDED
Hi. The header isn't not added in Chrome 76 and plugin version 2.3.9. I always receive error from the CORS policy.
- (2019-08-19, v:2.3.9) Frederik Tilkin: Issues since Chrome 76?
Is this what's causing the issues we have since Chrome 76?https://www.chromium.org/Home/chromium-security/extension-content-script-fetches/
- (2019-08-06, v:2.3.8) Mike Abell: not working on ajax calls in chrome 76
The header isn't being added in Chrome 76 with ajax calls, however if I open the GET url in the browser directly, it does work.
- (2019-08-01, v:2.3.4) jim rose: Broken with cors as of Chrome 76
As of Chrome 76 update, adding custom non-simple request headers seems to be triggering a pre-flight options request, breaking the page unless the server is set up to accept this.
- (2019-08-01, v:2.3.4) 西尾健三郎: Chromeアップデートによるハングアウトエラー
- (2019-07-31, v:2.3.4) Yurii Piskun: Chrome 76 CORS issues
chrome 76 - on every site lot (for ex. facebook, soundcloud, etc...) of CORS errors in console. sites broken ((