Modify request and response headers
The most popular Chrome extension to modify headers ** Features ** - Add/modify/remove request headers and response headers (you can use this to set Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *) - Enable header modification based on URL/resource type - Add comments to header - Multiple different profiles - Sorting headers by name, value, or comments - Append value to existing request or response header - Export and import header - Clone profile - Cloud backup - Tab locking! - (Beta) Replace URL with another (great for testing with localhost!) For Selenium WebDriver users, please try: https://github.com/bewisse/modheader_selenium ** What is new in 2.5.4 ** - Replace broken ModHeader in 2.5.3 ** What is new in 2.5.3 ** - Replace URL ** What is new in 2.5.2 ** - Exclude URL pattern - Post install thank you redirect ** What is new in 2.5.0 ** - Upgrade AngularJS material version - Move settings out to the ... menu - Add expand button to edit longer header ** What is new in 2.4.1 ** - Sort profiles - Import / export all profiles ** What is new in 2.4.0 ** - Update homepage and help link URL. ** What is new in 2.3.9 ** - Simplify the CORS fix now that Chrome actually document how to fix it. ** What is new in 2.3.8 ** - Add an option to always modify CORS request in Profile Settings ** What is new in 2.3.7 ** - Fix CORS detection bug introduced in 2.3.6 ** What is new in 2.3.6 ** - Fix CORS request not working ** What is new in 2.3.5 ** - Fix add profile not working ** What is new in 2.3.3 ** - Fix autocomplete ** What is new in 2.3.2 ** - Update Angular JS dependencies - UI / backward compatibility fixes for 2.3.0 ** What is new in 2.3.0 ** - Support true regex for URL filter - Add tip of the day ** What is new in 2.2.9 ** - Moving Profile Settings to the top of the ... menu to avoid accidental click on delete. ** What is new in 2.2.8 ** - Performance improvement when modifying headers. ** What is new in 2.2.7 ** - Fix v2.2.6 not working on Chrome 71 and older ** What is new in 2.2.6 ** - Fix an issue in Chrome 72 where certain headers cannot be modified, such as Referer, Cookie, and Set-Cookie. ** What is new in 2.2.5 ** - Remove ads ** What is new in 2.2.4 ** - Show red banner when tab is locked / ModHeader is paused - Add "support us" banner. ** What is new in 2.2.3 ** - Update help and donation link. ** What is new in 2.2.2 ** - Bug fix to prevent multiple context menu entries from showing up. ** What is new in 2.2.1 ** - Allow locking ModHeader to a single tab ** What is new in 2.2.0 ** - Show number of active headers on the badge ** What is new in 2.1.9 ** - Fix bug where icon not gray out when filtered out. - Auto prefill url pattern when adding new filter. - Upgrade angular JS version ** What is new in 2.1.8 ** - Revert to 2.1.6 to address permission concern. - Remove Google Analytics script. ** What is new in 2.1.7 ** - Bug fixes. Fix missing permissions. ** What is new in 2.1.6 ** - Add ability to play/pause ModHeader ** What is new in 2.1.5 ** - Cloud backup ** Permissions ** ModHeader currently requires 5 permissions: 1, "webRequest" 2, "webRequestBlocking" 3, "<all_urls>" 4, "storage" 5, "contextMenus" "webRequest" and "webRequestBlocking" are required in order for request headers modification to work. Because ModHeader doesn't know ahead of time which website the modification should apply to, it needs to request permissions for all URLs (3). "storage" permission is needed to save settings to the cloud. "contextMenus" is used to enable quick pause/unpause by right-clicking on the icon. ** Firefox addon ** https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/modheader-firefox/ ** Donation ** https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/84aPpFIA0Z ** Source code ** https://github.com/bewisse/modheader ** User guide ** https://bewisse.com/modheader/help/ ** Other Chrome extension by the same developer ** https://bewisse.com/ If you think this extension is useful, please share it! Also consider making a monthly donation!
- (2020-02-21) BC A: 目前遇到的最好用的。本来是用Charles的Rewrite功能，但或许是我电脑的网络状况太复杂（同时梯子，Proxifier，VPN，SwitchOgema），Rewrite很奇怪的对某些请求不生效。因此用了这个扩展。目前能满足需求。
- (2020-02-14) Anh Nguyen: simple good
- (2020-02-13) 李学历: 目前看来不错，可以设定自动规则
- (2020-02-07) Steeve Arthur: easy to use
- (2020-02-02) Serge Shevchik: Хорошее дополнение))
- (2020-01-30) Rob Graham: It used to be really responsive but now when i'm trying to turn headers on or off, it's not visually showing at times, or when i try to type into the input fields, nothing shows until after I click away then suddenly my input displays...
- (2020-01-29) Jorge Revés: Profile switching stop working a few time ago.
- (2020-01-22) Drew McMillan: Good at what it does, but recently it's been very unresponsive when changing the headers. Has really strong input lag, especially when adding 5+ request headers
- (2020-01-22) Rytt O.: Pretty good, other options do too little or do too much for you.
- (2019-12-12) mert k: Kod yazan arkadaşlar nasıl kullanacağını bilir :))
- (2019-12-12) Ryan Steller: Stopped working a few days ago.
- (2019-11-19) james pj: The extension works perfectly. Only thing that it applies the headers to all sites. I can see an option in the extension settings page saying "Allow this extension to read and change all your data on websites that you visit:" But, the problem is I cannot enter http://localhost the field says invalid domain.
- (2019-10-22) David Salisbury: It doesn't show you the header values that the page is sending! Or the header values that are being sent back! Very limited usefulness.
- (2019-10-10) laserraptor: Meddl!
- (2019-09-30) 帅小伙: 很垃圾，启动chrome不能自动激活自定义header，非要手动点击才行
- (2019-09-25) Jay Dadhania: A great tool to help modify the requests! I tried several tools but this one is simply the best!!
- (2019-09-19) 陳瑞平: awesome tool.
- (2019-09-09) Vasyl Fil: Best tool for headers 5+ for backups! Thank you guys!
- (2019-08-22) thompdas: TOP
- (2019-08-15) bomini: Very helpful!
- (2019-08-07) Yash Mittal: ok
- (2019-08-01) Miroslav Mihaljević: Great for managing multiple sets of headers
- (2019-07-29) lpfuii lion: good
- (2019-07-24) 안재훈: 만든사람 상 줘야한다는 말에 동의? 어보감
- (2019-07-23) Serdar Günes: Immer wenn ich eine bestimmte Seite aufrufe kommt folgende Meldung "HTTP ERROR 500", wenn Modheader aktiv ist. Wenn ich es aus mache, erscheint die Seite wieder ganz normal.
- (2020-02-08, v:2.5.4) Rakesh Hooda: Not able to use in Selenium
chrome-extension://idgpnmonknjnojddfkpgkljpfnnfcklj/settings.tmpl.html This url is not opening.File not found when opened in Browser to set headers using selenium in 2.5.4 version. Please let me how to open it in chrome to change the values.
- (2020-01-21, v:2.5.4) Josh Roberson: Changing the case of my headers!
This plugin is sending all headers added in lower case, when it should not be altering the case from the entered form. This breaks compatibility with some APIs that I use. Please stop changing to all lowercase, and preserve the headers exactly as written!
- (2019-12-11, v:2.5.3) Eric Plank: Since update v2.5.3. Completely broken
Does not modify headers anymore since update v2.5.3. Completely broken
- (2019-12-11, v:2.5.3) Martin Shameti: Sending Headers to sites on Filter List Broken as of v2.5.3
The headers are not getting passed down to the request as of today's update.
- (2019-11-06, v:2.4.1) Vitor Pereira: Configuration provisioning
Is there anyway to provision the extension configuration? Say, for example, using the registry on Windows machines?
- (2019-10-14, v:2.4.0) Muhammad Ali: Have you removed the comments column?
i can't find the comments column and it's important as i have the same header name and switch it regularly and can't determine that by the value
- (2019-09-04, v:2.4.0) elec tone: How do I disable Brotli Content Encoding in Chrome ver 76.0.3809.100?
I am once again getting the following error in the latest version of Google Chrome: "Content Transformation Error Proxy cannot apply content transformation.This could be caused by a misconfiguration, or possibly a response with an unknown content encoding." When this has happened on previous versions I disabled the Brotli Content Encoding in the Chrome://flags, and was able to view content as normal, but this setting no longer appears. This is of particular problem when trying viewing some forums (https) and YouTube content, which now no longer works. I have no control over the company Proxy/Firewall so cannot change anything there, and the Chrome version is network distributed and installed, so I cannot move to an older version! Chrome is running on Windows 7 (64-bit). I'd be grateful for any help to resolve this issue. Thank you.
- (2019-09-03, v:2.4.0) Thomas Haarbach: Header Key lowercase
Hi, if i add the header ModPagespeed=off the key is converted to lowercase. ModPagespeed will ignore lowercase header keys. Also tried with PageSpeed=off. Using Firefox with ModHeaders is working as expected.
- (2019-08-21, v:2.3.9) Carmelo Milordo: CORS PROBLEM AND HEADER NOT ADDED
Hi. The header isn't not added in Chrome 76 and plugin version 2.3.9. I always receive error from the CORS policy.
- (2019-08-19, v:2.3.9) Frederik Tilkin: Issues since Chrome 76?
Is this what's causing the issues we have since Chrome 76?https://www.chromium.org/Home/chromium-security/extension-content-script-fetches/
- (2019-08-06, v:2.3.8) Mike Abell: not working on ajax calls in chrome 76
The header isn't being added in Chrome 76 with ajax calls, however if I open the GET url in the browser directly, it does work.
- (2019-08-01, v:2.3.4) jim rose: Broken with cors as of Chrome 76
As of Chrome 76 update, adding custom non-simple request headers seems to be triggering a pre-flight options request, breaking the page unless the server is set up to accept this.
- (2019-08-01, v:2.3.4) 西尾健三郎: Chromeアップデートによるハングアウトエラー
- (2019-07-31, v:2.3.4) Yurii Piskun: Chrome 76 CORS issues
chrome 76 - on every site lot (for ex. facebook, soundcloud, etc...) of CORS errors in console. sites broken ((