Prevent WebRTC leaks using the official API.
Prevent WebRTC leaks in Chrome by controlling hidden WebRTC privacy settings. This will protect against WebRTC leaks. Test for leaks here - https://diafygi.github.io/webrtc-ips/ Compatible only with Chrome version 42+, and Chromium browsers based on 42+. Newer options require at least Chrome version 48. ISSUES/CLARIFICATION WebRTC-based services may be affected by this extension. Please open the options page and read the instructions before leaving a review. GitHub source - https://github.com/aghorler/WebRTC-Leak-Prevent CHANGELOG 1.0.13/14 - Save options automatically. 1.0.12 - Bind open options functionality to toolbar icon. 1.0.11 - Options now open automatically on first install, new description.
- (2021-09-14) J da Costa: Pass all the tests so i think it works great.
- (2021-09-01) Anthony Nutting: Getting one star, because this really spikes CPU usage. Tested multiple times. When idle, CPU sitting at 40-60% After removal CPU @ 1-11% Tested multiple times
- (2021-08-29) Андрей Домарев: Что то перестало работать вообще, хотя раньше всё было хорошо.
- (2021-08-12) Brandon Zhang: The WebRTC Network Limiter provided by webrtc.org has been practically stopped working on chromium browsers for a while now. Then I found this one and it works well. You can check yourselves if any leaks are happening on https://ip.voidsec.com/ or https://browserleaks.com/webrtc FYI, some sites with geo blocking practice, like netflix, can take advantage of webrtc leaking to detect your real ip address. So it may be a good idea to prevent webrtc leaking when you are on some proxy or vpn service.
- (2021-07-09) Rezwan Haque: Great extension. Update: It seems that, this extension do not really work... lowering the ratings...I wonder, how come an update extension do not work!!! Do not prevent WebRTC leak. Update 2: Working now but still seems erratic. Please keep an eye on bugs..
- (2020-12-02) xj y: not work
- (2020-11-19) BC BC: 设置强制代理后可以完全隐藏
- (2020-09-28) John Magdy: The WebRTC tests listed in https://webbrowsertools.com/test-webrtc-leak/ successed to fetch my WebRTC IP-Address
- (2020-04-15) Geronimo553: tested on https://webbrowsertools.com/test-webrtc-leak/ and shows webrtc is leaked. the app has not been updated since 2018 so not surprising. removed, search webrtc defender in the app store.
- (2020-02-27) T. Rücker: Funktioniert aktuell einwandfrei
- (2019-10-23) Google User: Confusing at best. There should be "on protection" and "off protection" plus other options but these two are a must. There's other simpler and effective extensions out there. Besides, Many ab-blockers now already include Webrtc protection. REMOVED.
- (2019-06-09) No No: 没用，只能隐藏内网地址
- (2019-05-23) Harrison Horler: Works well.
- (2019-04-27) Mohamed Issa: Nice exc...
- (2019-02-24) H Shaabani: best choose for chrome
- (2019-02-19) Maria Cordero: muy bien
- (2019-02-13) Mr Chen: 根本不起作用。
- (2019-01-27) Евгений Валерьевич: Пока работает хорошо, спасибо. Прокси+расширение 90–100% анонимности.
- (2018-11-30) Ovidiu: PROs -Does exactly that it is supposed to. -Pretty lightweight on resources. (only uses ~40MB of RAM with 10 tabs opened)] CONs -Now that uBlock Origin can prevent WebRTC leaks , this extension it's not worth keeping enabled , at least for me.
- (2018-11-28) XyJluraH: Спасибо, всё работает должным образом.
- (2018-11-24) Imina Priza: Don't work!
- (2018-09-05) Q_Q Q_Q: Very nice. Works as described and is getting updated. 5/5 Thank You very much. Sehr schön. Funktioniert wie beschrieben und wird vom Entwickler gepflegt. 5/5 Vielen, vielen Dank!
- (2018-08-23) Derva: It works but every time you start the extension the config pops up, for web automation this is quite annoying. That is why I changed to the other WEBRTC extension.
- (2018-07-30) RambIingman: Chrome used to have an option to prevent leaks with an WTRC control option. I use a few tools to check for any leaks. Some from the GRC site and another extension of Whats my IP http://appsdepot.co/ Which shows what browser and OS version of windows I am using. Although it is impossible to totally hide alI information But I want to be more stealth on the internet. So I am rating this extension with a two.
- (2018-06-25) SoL Invictus: Prevent webRTC leak.!
- (2018-05-24) Dmitriy Pekar: всё отлично работает
- (2018-05-19) Sanjesh Shrestha: 5-star for this WEBrtc leak prevent.
- (2018-05-17) Robert Hue: thank you. This does help to solve ip leak problem for me.
- (2018-05-01) Joshua Ford: excellent. thank you
- (2018-04-28) Andrei: Работает!
- (2018-04-03) Tungor B: It works, thanks!
- (2018-03-31) GniqNay Oul: 2018年3月31日 12:32:05
- (2018-03-31) Subfire Hu: it works perfect for me.
- (2018-03-30) Call Me: Mark一下。
- (2018-03-29) WATER PAGE: thx,protect my IP
- (2018-03-25) Костянтин Петров: Thanks, it works. -Disable non-proxied UDP (force proxy)-
- (2016-06-27, v:1.0.8) Alexis Arenas: Don't works with Chrome 51
I read the instruction already.
- (2016-05-24, v:1.0.7) not working
doesnt work on the link provided
- (2016-04-25, v:1.0.7) Dmitrii Nuzhin: Business proposal
Hello! I'm interested in your chrome extension . I want to buy it with the transfer of your google account or without it which means the transfer of the chrome extension in my account. I propose the price 1 250 $.We can bargain if your users are active. e-mail:[email protected] Dmitrii
- (2016-03-16, v:1.0.7) hossein alipour: Fake it
how do I fake it to look we didn't change or disabled webRTC?(show my proxy ip)
- (2016-03-15, v:1.0.7) Angel Diaz: Netflix detects it
It doesn't work on Netflix
- (2016-01-16, v:1.0.6) Eric Geynes: hola security problems
Hi there, I read that the hola extension made it possible for others to use my connection or selling IP to third party companies. Does this add on prevents that by hiding true IP?
- (2015-12-18, v:1.0.6) Martin Cigorraga: Toolbar button
A toolbar button to make easier to toggle functionality would be really handy. Now if you add the possibility of using a shortcut, that would be awesome.
- (2015-10-30, v:1.0.3) AJ Amini: Not Working
Does not stop leak. It shows true IP while using VPN...
- (2015-10-13, v:1.0.3) fix this
this extension not working when using vpn check with the site http://whoer.net/ it shows the real ip but this extension works WebRTC Network Limiter
- (2015-09-29, v:1.0.3) Pål Andresen: Not working
Unwanted ISP IP shows up in test: http://whoer.net/
- (2015-09-03, v:1.0.3) not working..
..in chrome v45 browser