Manages DevTools with Node V8 Inspector (node --inspect) Debugging Workflow
- (2021-09-28) A B: Very cool extension. Prefer it over paid solutions and suggest it to co-workers :) Thanks you, Folks!
- (2021-03-28) Taoh Green: Can't work without it. Amazing!
- (2020-08-02) Johnny George: Hey there! Brand new user, but I just wanted to say thank you for this! I've been searching for months for a solution to my chrome debugger not working anymore and stumbled upon a github thread where someone posted this extension as a possible fix, and lo and behold it is! Again, thank you so much for putting this out here!
- (2020-07-16) Prakash Gp: Is there any way i can debug network requests ??
- (2020-04-02) Michael Quad: a peice of art, that's it
- (2020-01-20) Андрій Кукуруза: Very useful!
- (2020-01-09) Sebastien Lapratte: Very usefull! Thanks for you great work!
- (2019-12-27) aaliyah: Very useful extension!
- (2019-12-26) Owen Luke: Great job!
- (2019-12-20) Suneil Nyamathi: I keep getting notifications from this plugin even though I've opted out in the settings.
- (2019-10-29) John Magdy: Good one but it makes me crazy when it duplicated that `Node.JS DevTools` Tab more than 40 times in minute... please do something in that :( and please can anyone explain why do it need `Viewing my Email Address` Permission ??? (i couldn't find any reason for that... on my opinion at least)
- (2019-08-14) 青山正太郎: Thank you!
- (2019-05-22) It's just awesome, feeling like at the top of the mountains using it.
- (2019-04-08) Денис Авілов: Such a useful extension which gets you rid of annoying routine actions each time you run a nodejs script.
- (2019-01-08) Bruce: Great job! I'm using nodemon. The problem I'm having is that the UUID in inspector's URL changes on every restart. This plugin solves this problem perfectly.
- (2018-11-20) Although the automatically opening of the devtools is very usefull i think it's very annoying that it opens in a window with tabs instead of a headless window like devtools usually has, i'm on chrome 70 if that may have anything to do with it
- (2018-09-20) Gregg Tavares: There is no defensible reason to have to provide an email address. node does not require an email address, chrome does not require an email address, clang does not require an email address.
- (2018-08-20) Fernando Catacora: Man, this tool is super useful, thanks!!
- (2018-06-20) Fatih Kaya: Thank you for this awesome extension. It helped me a lot.
- (2018-05-08) 林乐扬: If could auto connect muti node instance would be better. Now the network tab has no cascade folder structure.
- (2018-04-15) Giovanni Viola: Great! Easy and powerful debug
- (2018-04-05) Joshua Newton: OMG. Where has this been my entire life. Literally closing the devtools tab over and over to watch it magically re-open. No more manually copying debug urls out of my docker logs!!!!
- (2018-03-23) Fabio Spampinato: This is one of those things you wish you knew about 2 years ago, greatly recommended!
- (2018-02-05) Alan Clelland: Works ok but I need to manually enter the server IP every time. If I set the IP to, for example, 188.8.131.52 and then click "launch dev tools" a new Tab will open but the ws= parameter will be set to the remote servers local network IP (ie, 192.168.1.1.) rather than the one I told NiM to use.
- (2018-01-27) Allan Dy: Love it but I cannot seem to turn off the make tab active option. Its off but still decides to set focus while Im using nodemon.
- (2017-11-06) 张一舟: 有用，不过我要提一个issue。 这个插件会不断像localhost：8080请求/json 导致我在一个项目中使用8080做代理服务器时遇到频繁的不明请求。为了找到这个问题我用了各种抓包工具和网络命令，还有一到两天的开发时间。 作为开发者还是很容易把8080作为本地mock server的端口号的，也许插件可以再改进一下。
- (2017-10-27) Denni Adam: Спасибо за плагин! Очень удобно!
- (2017-10-10) Jt: Even after specifying ip address and port where NodeJS app is hosted, this plugin is unable to inspect the app. Anything else I need to take care of?
- (2017-10-04) James Santos: Suddenly consumes 90% of my CPU on Mac. It's a great extension but I can't say if it's safe to use.
- (2017-09-25) MJ Abadilla: This will definitely save us time. Thank you!
- (2017-09-01) Jakob Anderson: This fixed a frustrating painpoint for my node dev workflow. So grateful.
- (2017-07-20) Tyson Acker: Only started using this extension recently, but already can't imagine building Node apps without it!
- (2017-07-09) Niall O'Callaghan: Amazing.
- (2017-07-07) H Y: very good
- (2022-01-20, v:2.8.1) Garfield Doe: Don't open in a tab
Hi :) I'm used to this workflow: Starting my tests, open devtools via F12 and waiting for the green extension icon to appear. Then clicking on it and hit enter to let the test start. But since today my chrome opens the node.js devtools in a tab and everytime I want to close it it opens it again immediately. Is there a setting to prevent that from happening?
- (2020-06-16, v:2.4.2) Mark Drake: Cannot start NiM. Windows 10 2004 / Node 14 / Chrome Version 83.0.4103.106 (Official Build) (64-bit)
I get this message This site can’t be reachedThe webpage at devtools://devtools/bundled/inspector.html?experiments=true&v8only=true&ws=localhost:9229/01147727-f44c-43cd-8cad-700b17284c54 might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address. ERR_INVALID_URL In the developer tools console I get the following (index):1 Not allowed to load local resource: devtools://devtools/bundled/inspector.html?experiments=true&v8only=true&ws=localhost:9229/01147727-f44c-43cd-8cad-700b17284c54
- (2020-05-25, v:2.4.0) Karlos Smith: Unable to disconnect from the debugger
Hi there, I have just updated to the latest Chrome version 83.0.4103.61 and now not able to disconnect from the debugger. The error in the console is as below, (node:3408) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: TractorError: Protractor already running. (node:3408) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). (rejection id: 2) (node:3408) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.
- (2020-05-21, v:2.3.4) Jeff Judkins: Multiple Tabs
Hi! I've been using this extension for years. Just recently, it started malfunctioning and I don't think it is something on my end. But it always could be. Anyway, when I have the extension set to "auto", it opens tab after tab, infinitely. The only way for me to stop the tabs from being opened is to shut down the node process. For now I have it set on "manual"
- (2019-12-21, v:2.3.0) Paul Cormier: Dec 19th Update: Lost all code syntax coloring in Debug Window
Since the update, the NiM debug window has no code syntax coloring. All text is the same (grey) color. My regular Chrome Debugger Window continues to color-code as before.
- (2019-07-08, v:2.2.1) Bret Hansen: NiM no longer detects node --inspect on port 9229
I have used NiM for > 1 year. It just quit working. I am using Chrome 75.0.3770.100. I can navigate to chrome://inspect/#devices and attach to the node --inspect. However, NiM set to localhost and port 9229 fails to notice automatically and manual fails as well. NiM shows it is version 2.2.1. I am on a Mac.
- (2018-09-19, v:0.15.0) Viktoria Yatskova: Compatibility with latest chrome
After updating the Chrome to the Version 69.0.3497.92 , breakpoints doesn't work in dev-tools untill the property v8only=true is removed
- (2018-08-11, v:0.15.0) Jimmy Cyberdeck: port problem
port 9229 not inuse
- (2018-05-09, v:0.15.0) Jorge Molero: Sourcemaps not working
Thanks for this extension, it is great. However, it doesn't let sourcemaps work. I can set breakpoint in my original .ts file but it doesn't stop there. They work if opening the devtools from chrome://inspect Any idea how to fix that? Thanks!
- (2017-11-16, v:0.14.3) Александр Пезиков: launch error
On icon click it disappear in panel and extention deactivates
- (2017-11-16, v:0.14.3) Александр Пезиков: Не запускается
При клике по иконке в панели исчезает иконка и расширение деактивируется
- (2017-10-25, v:0.14.1) Rayat R: Any way to change the keyboard shortcut?
It hijacks ctrl + i meaning I cant use that in online text editors. Otherwise this is fantastic
- (2017-08-03, v:0.13.8) Keep crashing in chrome 60
I am using ubuntu 16.10 Chrome: Version 60.0.3112.78 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- (2017-07-19, v:0.13.8) Jarred Filmer: Multiple processes
Heya, Nice work on the tool. I'd love to be able to use "node index.js --inspect=0" (which assigns a random port to the debug process) so I can debug multiple node processes. I know there's a url you can use to get all the currently running debug instances and their ports, could poll that pick up new instances?
- (2017-06-27, v:0.13.8) Translations
Hello! Your translations in spanish is terrible! If you want, you can send me a file with all locale strings and i'll translate it in Spanish and catalonian (es/Es / es/Ca)