Debug and test tag management (Google Tag Manager, DTM, Tealium) and analytics implementations.
- (2019-09-13) Worked great for my purpopses
- (2019-08-22) Thomas Culetto: Works well with Tealium
- (2019-08-15) James Buckley: Sometimes using the GTM Preview mode feels a bit overkill for checking if some data layer push events or Google Analytics tags are present, which is where this extension comes in. It's an incredibly useful, no-nonsense tool which I always recommend to others when working with GTM.
- (2019-05-15) Daniel Valide: nice and very helpful
- (2018-10-15) Eu Gen: Please add "- adds advertisement to google search results" to the feature list! Otherwise it stays a secret feature and no one will ever know this nice feature exists.
- (2018-05-01) Alistair Johnstone: Use this all the time for debugging GA and GTM
- (2017-12-28) Timothy Smith: Perfect for testing any on site Google Analytics events or Google Tag Manager configurations. Easy to work with interface and very accurate.
- (2017-11-14) Nick Guebhard: Much more accurate than GTM Preview and Debug mode. Thank you!
- (2017-10-20) Aitor Alejandro: Sencilla y práctica. Para poder observar el objeto dataLayer de forma visual sin necesidad de inspeccionarlo a través de la consola.
- (2017-03-17) Paul Cikatricis: It's wonderful but recently it has stopped working on my local dev site. It's showing the GTM instance but not the GA. The same code works and shows just fine on production site. Not sure what this might be as it worked perfectly before and I don't recall changing anything. Other GA debugging tool called 'GA Debugger' still works fine. Otherwise a really helpful tool.
- (2016-12-08) Ajinkya Mhatre: simply superb!
- (2016-10-04) Kevin cornelissen: Very useful
- (2016-10-03) Alessandro V.: Not always trustful. In general a usefool tool, but right now we experience some discrepancies between dataslayer vs GTM-debugger and where dataslayer missed some important parts, which was misleading when testing.
- (2016-08-29) Rhian Lewis: Really useful - thank you for this!
- (2016-07-19) Phil Suter: thanks for this!
- (2016-04-08) Anton Kharlamov: really helpful!!! plus one
- (2015-11-19) Kiril Kirov: This extension really helped me, clean and simple, amazing!
- (2015-10-14) Aleksey Oblozhko: looks like the only plugin to check GTM Events that is done well
- (2015-07-02) Eric Matisoff: I like this extension because it requires less clicking to view page load tags - very nice. The only thing it's missing is the ability to capture onClick tags, which is a pretty big miss. Hopefully the dev is working on this now :)
- (2015-07-02) mannbarry2: love it
- (2015-06-09) Brian Katz: Simply Great
- (2015-04-14) Rutger Meekers: Very good! Finally an extension with the possibility to visualise the CEDDL dataLayer (digitalData).
- (2015-03-27) Anton Abreu: Very helpful.
- (2015-02-23) Andrew Kerr: Great tool to save time when testing tagging specs, thanks!
- (2014-10-05) Cornel Coman: Great tool!
- (2020-02-05, v:1.3.0) Jannette Pazer: Dataslayer not showing events triggered again
Been using dataslayer for over a year, love it, but in some recent testing, I'm seeing events being triggered in the GTM preview box, but not showing up in dataslayer. I think I've narrowed it down to when I click a button that triggers an event (which I can see in GTM preview and in dataslayer), and then repeat the same action (and it shows up in preview but not in dataslayer). Or an action that takes me to a new page, hit the back button, and the 2nd time I do that action, the event shows in GTM preview, but not in dataslayer. Any idea what could cause this? Thanks!
- (2019-12-18, v:1.3.0) Bharti Yadav: What is the meaning of Join ID?
When we checked analytics code process using data slayer - we get a 9 digit number called 'Join ID' - what does this mean?
- (2019-03-05, v:1.0.1) Release 1.0.1 - Variable Naming Option
Amazing tool and great update. It would be really helpful to have an option to set the variable naming for the GA hits. e.g. Friendly naming e.g. "Document Location" or the actual variables names as on the network hit. e.g. "dl".
- (2019-02-07, v:0.10.15) Red cross
Why with dataslayer I can see som hit I can't see in the browser console > Network ? These hit in Dataslayer have a little red cross and is a little lighter than a hit where we can see in the browser consoler > Network. Thanks
- (2018-10-25, v:0.10.15) Martin Vinter: Search function
Hi Sean, Thanks for a great tool. I use it every day - love it :o) The list of variables can be quite long at times. It would be really nice with a simple search- or even better, a filter-function similar to the one that can be found elsewhere in the Chrome debugger.
- (2018-07-02, v:0.10.15) Julie K': SLAYER
How are you able to use Slayer's logo in your app???
- (2018-02-26, v:0.10.15) Minli Xu: It is not showing sitecatalyst
It is not showing sitecatalyst. But I have "sitecatalyst" box checked when installing. Why?
- (2017-11-27, v:0.10.15) Kevin O'Connor: FireFox Quantum Support
Would be great to have a version for FireFox Quantum using the WebExtensions API
- (2016-12-09, v:0.10.13) MIGROS Resolution Media: Can't open settings in Chrome 55.xxxx
since the update of chrome to version 55.xxx it's not possible to enter the settings of dataslayer anymore. BTW: great work, DataSlayer is my most used extension ever!
- (2016-07-08, v:0.10.12) Wilmer Ferreira: Support Developer Tools Themes
Since while ago Google Chrome supports themes in the developer tools but the dalaslayer don't uses those styles.
- (2016-04-15, v:0.10.8) Carlos Salvador: Sitecatalyst list variables
Dataslayer isn't showing s.list variables
- (2016-02-15, v:0.10.8) Alexandra Fedulova: Installed but doesn't show up
Hi guys, The add on doesn't seem to be showing up next to the address bar.Tried uninstalling and installing it again, doesn't help. Any tips on making it work are welcome! Thanks Alex