Sitemod lets anybody modify a website without having access to the source code and get a shareable link to the modified website.
* Agencies & Freelancers - Simplify your workflow Drop the screenshots and let your clients view real-time edits to their website by providing them with an unique URL of the modified version. * Sales & Marketing - Increase conversion rates A customer who sees your app live on their own website is more likely to convert. Install your app on any website in the world an use the unique URL in your marketing campaigns. * Website Owners - Enhance your site Use our App Store for Web Developers to discover, test & use web apps. Try any app without writing a single line of code. - About Sitemod lets anybody modify, save & share any website in real time, without having access to the source code of the website. - Fits into your workflow Use Chrome Developer Toools to edit any HTML, CSS or JS code in the webpage or add your own. Save and get an unique URL to the modified version so you can share your mod. - Tehnology No app installing, no setup process, no downloading. Sitemod comes in the form of a browser extension. Get it for free with just one click. - Built by Developers for Developers We're a small team of 6 running a creative digital agency in Bucharest, Romania (some of our projects: devbyte.io). Recently we started developing Shopify Apps and needed a way for our potential customers to better understand how our app will look in their store without having access to the source code of their store. And so a star was born. - Pricing Sitemod is a free service and we want to keep it that way. - Feedback Found a bug, have a feature reqest or maybe just say hello? We're here for you!
- (2019-11-16) Dana Reese: I love the idea of this, but the very first page I tried to modify, it cloned my private site onto a URL on the author's website... And whenever I try to load the mod, it partially shows the page and locks up the web browser tab, eventually getting a warning from Chrome that the site is taking too long to respond. I can't find a way to remove this clone from the author's web server either. I saw that he posted something about loading the mod then clicking the "trash" button at the top right, but I can't load the mod, so there's no trash button. I'm not sure how exposed my private website is, being cloned onto the author's web server as it is right now. If I had any idea that editing a website would involve cloning it onto the author's webserver at a publicly-accessible URL, I never would have downloaded this extension.
- (2019-10-04) Nathan 28: This is an amazing extension that will make it where i can finally keep the things I inspect! but for some reason anything that have to do with google it says it couldn't load URL like google classroom, Google, Google drive, etc. please make it where i can edit google too thank you!
- (2018-10-21) Daniel Timothy Garcia: Great functionality, but I can't figure out how to delete saved modifications.
- (2018-06-16) --: Can't edit anything, app only shows the "read more" screen
- (2018-02-28) Ryan Ab: Great app ! Helpful for all Devs ;)
- (2018-02-01) Grim reaper: Cannot edit what I needed it for. YouTube home button. It is a certain time of the year therefore for some reason the youtube home button went from a home button to I will take you where I want button.Seems useful for other things but when I bring it up to edit you tube's site the home button is the one thing that disappears completely.
- (2017-10-25) Ryan Goree: One of the most useful extensions I've found in a while. Thanks Codrops!
- (2017-10-21) Harley Jean: Just what I needed!
- (2019-12-19, v:1.0.6) Tiffany Murray: saving sitemods
I really love this extension. It has been so helpful and useful for my team and I — thank you so much sharing this with other developers and designers. I have a question about saving sitemods. I have somehow managed to mess up the save for some of my sitemods, so only a partial amount of changes to the html/css are saved and the rest of the code reverts back to the original form. Is there a way to salvage these sitemod projects? I have a few sitemods that are "in progress" - I can open them and continue to make changes to the html/css but I'm unable to save any new edits. I'm not sure what I have done wrong with these that I can't save any new changes. Please help! Thanks again!
- (2019-08-20, v:1.0.6) Brook Davidson: Can't delete mod
I was trying to edit the youtube page and it for some reason doesn't seem to really work. When I load the fork, it tells me to go to developer tools which I do. I make my alterations, and nothing. I click on the icon for sitemod.io and there is no way to save the changes. And according to someone else, there is suppose to be a trash icon in the right side corner, when you open a mod, which I do not see anywhere. So it's clearly not working right.
- (2019-07-24, v:1.0.6) John Wilkinson: Not user friendly
Maybe it's just me but I cannot find any sort of functional UI to this extension. There are three options and they all link to other sites. I tried to see if there was something that changes in my inspect element but alas, nothing. So maybe you can point me to the actual extension?
- (2019-07-22, v:1.0.6) Izaaz Raf: Can't load font awesome icon
I have downloaded your extension. It's very useful. A great job! I got some little problems. Your extension can't load icons from font awesome. And, some image sliders are disappeared. You can see my problems happened here: http://fork-dannci-wpmasters-org-e2d41b993ea5a0aa.sitemod.io/citygov/sitemod Thanks.
- (2019-06-12, v:1.0.6) Christian Overton: Can't delete mods
When you add a new mod to a site / when you fork it, there seems to be no way to delete those forks
- (2019-02-07, v:1.0.6) giancarlo bibbo: Cannot verify url when editing
Hi there, I have just downloaded your extension today and it's very good. There is one problem tough. On Some websites, when I click on the Fork button, it says "Could not verify the url". Is there any way to fix this problem^ Thank you and have a great day.