A helpful Chrome extension for WebGL development
Insight is a WebGL debugging toolkit providing a variety of capabilities enabling more productive WebGL development and more efficient WebGL applications. Features: Mipmap Inspector Depth Inspector Overdraw Inspector Call Stack Timeline and Statistics Program Usage Count Duplicate Program Usage Detector Program Viewer Frame Control State Variable Editor Resource Viewer Fork us on Github! http://bit.ly/webgl-insight
- (2021-06-22) Allan Raquin: As Sylvain said, it could lead to some bugs on your site. Just experienced it ...
- (2021-04-29) Vincent Le Quang: WARNING! This add-on possibly breaks pages. So let's say you have a canvas on a page, that's meant to use a getContext("2d"). Suddenly, your canvas context is null. The reason is that this plugin forces getContext("webgl") on all canvases, so it breaks the rest.
- (2021-03-17) Action Script: No contexts found!
- (2021-01-31) Scratch Tutorialstomakefungames: it isnt working :(
- (2021-01-24) Stik Dragon: Does not seem to do anything at all, guess it's broken and unmaintained now?
- (2021-01-06) Let's Prop It: Awful. It worked for like a week and then never showed up on anything again.
- (2020-11-05) Douglas Lilliequist: This plugin just cost my team 3 days of debugging and doing unthinkable, possible solutions to a very bizarre error of null canvas contexts. Please have a look at this so you can spare other potential teams from suffering endless hours of pain and debugging.
- (2020-09-22) Joseph Kasule: It doesn't work.
- (2020-09-07) Said Moya: Work only with WegGL 1.0, need an update for Webgl2.0 Chrome Themes
- (2020-08-29) Thomas Mullen: Doesn't work.
- (2020-01-26) Alper Tuna: Cool! It works with three.js and helped a lot to find memory leaks
- (2020-01-12) Nolan Check: Useless. It doesn't help me debug my Emscripten application.
- (2019-12-09) Cameron: Does not work
- (2019-09-17) Samuel Hurel: No WebGL2 support...
- (2019-06-08) Donna Zeller: its not working
- (2018-11-09) John CoWayger: Not working :(
- (2018-10-08) Xander Luciano: Abandoned by creator.
- (2018-08-23) Naveen Babu: Not working...
- (2018-05-16) Serhii Mikheiev: does not work
- (2018-03-18) Jonathan Ringstad: doesnt work
- (2018-02-05) Digital Sydney: Doesn't seem to work with all the WebGL sites I've tested it on
- (2018-01-09) Deins: Not working. I have static html with canvas and runing my emscripten compiled asm.js or wasm app. It detects canvas, but none of the tools work. Maybe its chromes fault, because after 10 or so seconds the tab contents itself crashes.
- (2017-12-28) Valerie Byers: It doesn't help WEBGL to work
- (2017-03-05) Artem Batogovsky: Not working. As i understand this tool works only with canvas that present in html only from the beginning.
- (2016-03-25) Sylvain Abadie: Cool extension but be careful it forces <canvas> that are in code HTML in webgl mode so if you try to get the rendering context in 2D with getContext('2d') it will return null !