Ghost Inspector extension for recording automated browser tests
Ghost Inspector is an automated UI testing and monitoring tool. It allows you to record yourself performing actions on your website within your browser, then sync them to the Ghost Inspector service and run them continuously as a regression test. You can record them on your staging server and execute them through our API when your code changes — or record them on your live site and automatically run them at a set interval to continuously check for issues. You will need to sign up for a Ghost Inspector account to use our tool.
- (2020-02-07) Mounika Nallagundla: Great tool for regression testing.
- (2019-04-16) Monica Alma Ramirez: This isn't such a good recorder. I also don't like the fact that Ghost Inspector only offers headless browsers on Linux servers. I think Endtest is way better.
- (2018-12-20) Priyavrathan Sathyavrathan: Great Tool in test automation. Recording a test and running it as such or after editing the steps is a great capability of the programme. Further jump from Selenium. Scheduling a test is advantages as the situation may demand a daily test or hourly test. CSV upload of inputs is definitely an extra advantage. All together, it is a great tool.
- (2018-03-15) Ludovic Lenglet: Outil super pratique pour gérer facilement tous types de tests.
- (2017-09-05) Earl Gray: Really great tool - even better now you can record and add additional steps to an existing test
- (2017-06-30) Alex: nice job
- (2017-04-28) Tommy Lee: Здравствуйте. Готовы купить Ваше расширение по хорошей цене. Либо помочь его отмонетизировать. Пишите, обсудим. [email protected] Skype: Tendy.Max Good day! Ready to buy your extension at a good price. Or we can help you for monetizing of it. Contact me for details. [email protected] Skype: Tendy.Max
- (2017-03-22) Gareth Mawdsley: A fantastic tool that has massively benefited our approach to automated web testing. Thanks Justin
- (2016-11-13) why ?? just why ??: a big thanks for this awesome tool, the free plan is a great help for testing open-source projects & daily repetitive tasks on browser
- (2016-06-25) 赵青: The developer helps me a lot,and really solve my problem. It's an awesome tool.
- (2015-10-14) Saif Harbia: I'm very grateful to ghost inspector tool, it has great features that summarize effort and time, but I think it needs enhancement on some perspectives so it can become #1 on this scope. Having said that, I'm sending this email to provide you with some recommendations upon my usage of this tool, I hope that you can reach them out to the developers 1- When I'm done recording the steps and click 'View your test', it will be much better if it doesn't execute the test again, it should leave that as an option for the user. 2-Also, and more importantly, I don't see it very useful to execute the test directly on the webpage, that is so exhausting and can cause losses of data when the test doesn't execute properly. Rather than that, I recommend the developer to create a duplicate or a copy of the current tested page. It can also be that the tool returns back to the pre-test state after executing the test in order to not change anything on the webpage, any of the two options can work. I hope you take my words into consideration.
- (2015-09-10) Boris Pavlov: good one
- (2014-05-12) Michael Johnston: I'm in love with this extension.
- (2014-05-12) Andy Hagans: Easy to use.
- (2020-07-05, v:5.3.1) JC S Reyes: analytics
Hi, will the test be recorded in Google Analytics? I just don't want my data to be affected. Also, what's your pricing for this service?
- (2020-04-17, v:5.2.2) Leslie Stetz: Can't sign into extension with Okta
My company uses Okta for Ghost Inspector so I can't sign into the extension.
- (2018-04-19, v:4.2.0) Andrew L: Adding div on form uploads
When using an ajax form upload that outputs an image name (e.g. 123456.png), this extension appends a random '<div style="display:none;"></div>' at the end of the file, which could break some form uploads.
- (2016-07-22, v:3.1.0) Richardd Nunes Mattos: Popup
How do I open popup ? I tested here and is not working.
- (2015-10-14, v:2.3.1) Saif Harbia: execution for the first time
When I'm done recording the steps and click 'View your test', it will be much better if it doesn't execute the test again, it should leave that as an option for the user. Also, and more importantly, I don't see the idea of executing the test directly on the webpage, that is so exhausting and can cause losses of data when the test doesn't execute properly. Rather than that, I recommend the developer to create a duplicate or a copy of the current tested page. It can also be that the tool returns back to the pre-test state after executing the test in order to not change anything, any of the two options can work.