Check for, download and install the latest stable Chromium revisions
This extension checks the repositories of FreeSMUG.org for their Mac Builds of Chromium. (The builds from FreeSMUG.org had an autoupdate feature that broke in 64bit versions, so this can be used as a workaround.) Features: - Check for updates on Startup - Check for updates every hour - Include check for latest official Chrome Stable based on release calendar - Notify on version mismatch I am not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Google Inc and the Chromium Brand or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates. The name "Chromium” as well as related names, marks, emblems and images are registered trademarks of Google Inc. For questions, remarks or bug reports, feel free to message me. Design inspired from: https://github.com/Hallbin/extension.chromium-updater
- (2020-03-10) Darklocq of Highrock: It works. However, the version here is a rev behind: Chromium ships with ver. 0.1.1.5, and latest here (for several years now) is 0.1.1.4. But if you side-load the newer one in Developer Mode, it will not auto-update. Yet the version here isn't updated, so the auto-updating of the extension is being defeated anyway. It's a Procrustean choice. I also don't like that the extension just sits there. While it will auto-run at every Chromium start (would be better if it did this at every start *on a different day* than the last time it was run) it does not appear to actually inform you if a browser update is available. The user has to remember to check the extension to see if there's a new version. Maybe there's some subtle change to the icon, but it needs to be a be a much more obvious one, like what various messenger extensions do.
- (2019-08-08) aKBJrqFR wWiauDJ74ym: This addon gets "Full access" to your google account if you install it on a Synced Chrome Profile. If you uninstall the extension it still retains "Full access" to all the data in your google account. Sketchy, be careful!
- (2019-04-08) Rodrigo Ribeiro: Funciona bem, conforme o que se propõe. It works well, according to what is proposed.
- (2018-09-01) A Potek: Does what it says it does. Thank you for your efforts.
- (2017-01-10) king nast: Can't you just detect the OS and show a message saying this only works for Mac?
- (2016-12-08) Martin van Boven: In the past it was OK. Since a few months however, when there is an update, it downloads some OSX version (Chromium_OSX_55.0.2883.75.dmg) instead of the Windows version. I assumed that such a mistake was silly enough to be caught and corrected quickly but it's still like that. No idea what to do now; my browser will slowly get awfully out of date. Welcome to hackers!
- (2016-05-10) Charles Hice: htis is for MAC why is this in my web store on omy chroembook
- (2016-03-27) Daniel Pozo: Será de utilidad, pero no me funciona, se queda mucho tiempo en conexión, y después dice que no conecta con el servidor. Sistema Ubuntu 12 , versión chromium 37, ¿alguna ayuda?
- (2016-03-04) Roberto Stefani: non funziona non segnala gli aggiornamenti
- (2015-12-12) Fer FP: thanks
- (2015-12-01) Cam Krout: I am on a PowerSpec B332 desktop running Windows 7 x64. The overview says you planned to update this in August to also download Windows releases, but all I'm receiving is the .dmg file for OS X. Otherwise it worked perfectly, but I need the Windows version.
- (2015-11-25) Kathy L. Slagle: This Chromium Stuff is Crap!
- (2015-11-05) AryavTheApe: Add versions for windows
- (2015-07-09) Fince: 非常方便
- (2015-06-12) Plaisir Berlin: Top!
- (2015-06-12) Bruce Lee: Very nice, thank you
- (2020-04-17, v:0.1.1.4) Rachel Groves: stops chrome from opening and running
stops chrome from opening and running
- (2019-12-20, v:0.1.1.4) Henry: suggestion
hi i like the extension but can you make an option to check for new stable releases as well? im not interested in the non stable releases, so if the extension has the options, i would uncheck the "check for beta releases" and check "check for stable releases". please let me know what you think, thx
- (2016-12-02, v:0.1.1.3) Renaud Perrier: checking without an end
Hi - The tool is trying to connect to "Latest FreeSMUG Build:" without finishing... No VPN, free access to internet, nothing special. Thanks a lot
- (2016-10-03, v:0.1.1.3) Hamza Hilal: problem in downloading
i can download a fill to update it but it i cant open the file that suppose to do the update, the file has no extension of .exe (something.exe) so it just cant be opend to run at all
- (2016-08-05, v:0.1.1.2) Martha Lane: movie tapes
I can view movies in Facebook
- (2016-07-30, v:0.1.1.2) Ext Guru: Partnership request
Hello! I represent the company EXT.GURU. I have reviewed your extension, and I would like to invite you to work with our company. I have analyzed, that your extension "Chromium Updater" can bring you a guaranteed high income. You can get the maximum profit with our automatic service for monetizing browser extensions, while our advertising is not annoying or malicious, and does not prevent the extension of functionality. Our system optimizes traffic from around the world. We provide coordination of all the nuances and suggestions of webmasters. Payments are carried out upon request during one hour at a convenient system to you. We would also like to note that our system does not interfere with other systems of monetization, you can plug in our program as an additional method to generate an income. If you have any other extensions, we can discuss. We look forward to collaborating. Sincerely EXT.GURU team. Contacts ICQ: 654784658 Jabber: [email protected] Skype: extguru [email protected] [email protected]
- (2016-05-05, v:0.1.1.2) OK on Mac, but not OK for Linux, or Windows...
Just a minor issue: Works great for Mac as this is for Mac. But with syncing in place for all platforms, on my Linux Box, it tells me Chromium needs updating! And of course, it downloads the *.dmg file for Macs. Just wondering if the extension could check which platform it is on first before checking for updates? At the moment, it is disabled. I'll enable it on the Mac when I'm there and then disable it again after the daily check. Many Thanks.
- (2016-04-13, v:0.1.1.2) Eberhard L.: Chrome Dev?
Is it possible, to add the check for Dev Version of Chrome?
- (2016-04-07, v:0.1.1.2) Gary Hoover: Doesn't work
It never seems to be able to connect to the FreeSMUG site to report the latest version. All I get in that part of the window is three scrolling dots.
- (2016-03-18, v:0.1.1.0) Jacob Buck: Check you pull-requests
There's an issue where the checker request is being blocked: XMLHttpRequest cannot load https://sourceforge.net/projects/osxportableapps/files/Chromium/. No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin 'chrome-extension://ccgjmadhdidfloacagcnnodbkedkjedg' is therefore not allowed access. I noticed there's an open pull-request which resolves this.
- (2016-03-02, v:0.1.1.0) Ra Zu: Latest FreeSMUG Build check...
...never stops loading
- (2016-02-25, v:0.1.1.0) Irie Beatz: Never stops loading from FreeSMUG
Just shows the loading icon forever...