Rise above the time-sinks
This chrome extension will become an assistant in your pursuit to control the time we spend every day in infamous time-sinks: Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Reddit, LinkedIn and Netflix. We all know how distracting and engrossing these sites can be, but blocking them totally is also not a feasible option since they do provide some really useful content. We have identified those parts in each of these websites that grab our attention and serve us unlimited content all day. This extension enables you to hide each of these parts selectively, and even block access to any of these websites. Your settings are synced over the google account so that you can use this extension in multiple computers with the same settings. Note: No history is accessed by the extension and WE DO NOT send/store any browsing related information. ----------------------------------- v.1.8.5 Release Notes: ☆ Hide Facebook Stories v.1.8.3 Release Notes: ☆ Hide LinkedIn Likes and Comments v.1.8 Release Notes: ☆ Draggable Tabs v.1.7 Release Notes: ☆ Hide/Blur YouTube Thumbnails v.1.6 Release Notes: ☆ Hide YouTube Breaking News v.1.3 Release Notes: ☆ Hide Facebook Marketplace ☆ LinkedIn News section v.1.2.6 Release Notes: ☆ Bug fix: Skip redirecting YouTube music domain v.1.2.5 Release Notes: ☆ Bug fix: Facebook likes and comments v.1.2.4 Release Notes: ☆ Hide Facebook Watch Feed v.1.2.3 Release Notes: ☆ Time based pause feature ☆ Improved User Interface ☆ Supports New Facebook layout hiding ☆ Hide LinkedIn Messaging box v.1.2.2 Release Notes: ☆ Bug fix: YouTube redesigned their homepage. Hide Recommendation feed filter now works properly v.1.2.1 Release Notes: ☆ Bug fix: YouTube recommendation feed filter now works properly ☆ Bug fix: Twitter redesign. Hide Trends filter now works for Explore link v.1.2.0 Release Notes: ☆ 5 minute peek - Disable all filters for 5 minutes. Turns back on automatically ☆ Supports mobile version of default sites. Use Yandex or Kiwi browsers in phone ☆ Added support for LinkedIn. Blocks site and hides feed ☆ Option to redirect YouTube's homepage to subscription feed ☆ Hide Reddit's front page feed and comments in posts (old.reddit.com only) ☆ Hide Twitter timeline ----------------------------------- All features (each of the below can be controlled individually): ● Facebook 🡒 Block Facebook (blocks access to Facebook) 🡒 Hide Feed (hides the main feed) 🡒 Hide Likes and Comments (hides this section from ALL posts) 🡒 Hide Chat Sidebar (hides the contact sidebar on the right pane) ● YouTube 🡒 Block YouTube (blocks access to YouTube) 🡒 Hide Recommendations (hides the main feed) 🡒 Force redirect to my subscriptions (redirect home page to subscriptions feed) 🡒 Hide Sidebar (hides left sidebar) 🡒 Hide Comments 🡒 Hide Up Next Suggestions (will not suggest what to play next) ● Twitter 🡒 Block Twitter (blocks access to Twitter) 🡒 Hide Trends 🡒 Hide Who to follow 🡒 Hide all media (hides all images and videos) ● Reddit 🡒 Block Reddit (blocks access to Reddit) 🡒 Block r/popular (blocks access and hides links to r/popular) 🡒 Block r/all (blocks access and hides links to r/all) ● Netflix 🡒 Block Netflix (blocks access to Netflix) 🡒 Hide Recommendations (hides everything except "Continue Watching" and "My List"') 🡒 Hide Continue Watching (hides "Continue Watching" queue section) 🡒 Hide My List (hides "My List" section) ● General Settings 🡒 Pause all filters (disables your filters temporarily, while keeping all your settings intact) 🡒 Pause for 5 minutes (pauses all filters for 5 minutes and resume back automatically) 🡒 Block list (Block custom websites of your own choice) 🡒 Custom URL (the site where you want to be redirected to if you open the blocked site. Currently defaulted to google) 🡒 Hide tooltips All feedback is welcome. Resources we love: ● https://www.reddit.com/r/nosurf/ ● Deep Work by Cal Newport ----------------------------------------------------- Extension developed by: @tweetjai Logo designed by: vaibhavdewangan17.wixsite.com/mysite
- (2023-03-12) Herbert Amaro: top
- (2023-03-06) Nasuo Neko: I'm starting using this apps for focus, and i can tell that it looks perfect, i would modify my comment if anything is going on, but best app.
- (2023-03-05) Matej Blaha: I had no Idea it's possible to hide parts of the page. I often make use of youtube when studying and the recommendations were always so distracting - not any more! It doesn't work on some other pages including Facebook unfortunately.
- (2023-03-05) Shit Head: please make an android version also
- (2023-03-02) Josué Rodrigues: It's not hiding the facebook and linkedin feeds, but other sections are hidden. The other sites I havent tested yet
- (2023-02-08) prettypasta: powerful tool
- (2023-02-05) Thanh Pham: Best one so far, customizable and effective
- (2023-02-01) Kirill Bondarev (Рабочий): Это расширение полностью проявляет всю ценность Youtube и полностью уничтожает всё в нём диструктивное. Огромное спасибо разработчикам, что создали такой прекрасный инструмент
- (2023-01-28) T2: Add Instagram and it would be perfect.
- (2023-01-22) Lidka Magiera: Doesn't work on facebook feed.
- (2023-01-03) Chrise: Does not work on facebook
- (2022-12-12) Hugo L-H: Great tool! It's only missing Instagram, but otherwise, works well.
- (2022-12-07) TYPICAL GADGET: This is not working!! Please FIIIX
- (2022-12-01) Ukayching Marma: Please add Reals hide option...overall is good
- (2022-11-27) Serdar Domurcuk: Does not work with youtube and facebook anymore. I'm looking for an alternative.
- (2022-11-17) Erald Lesi: As far as I know the date I'm doing this review it might be not fair for the extension. Facebook maybe updated their security for these kinda extensions. Will keep it for couple of more weeks and see if they manage to make it work again.
- (2022-11-17) Hazem Wahb: perfect
- (2022-11-14) Charles-Edouard Gervais: Nice one !
- (2022-11-13) Jack Ryan: Came here since News Feed Eradicator stopped working for facebook. Turns out this isn't working for facebook either. Guess Facebook updated or something.
- (2022-11-11) 손지우 (Sonshef): Great Piece Of Work. But I need password function to prevent myself turning off.............!!! Please jai..
- (2022-11-06) Obaid Nadeem: Loved it! the extension is amazing. The only thing is FB hide feed option is not working anymore, and can you please add feature to hide facebook reels as well. Thanks a lot! Keep up the great work!
- (2022-11-05) Ismail Dahri: The app was working well, until the facebook hide feed isn't working anymore, please fix it asap.
- (2022-11-02) ฺBrutte: It work great on all site provided, except Facebook It can't hide Facebook feed for me
- (2022-10-23) Ahmed Mohamed: Perfect just what i was looking for
- (2022-10-15) a////: ههه
- (2022-10-15) Myo Ko Ko Aung: It would be more awesome if you add password protection to change blocked web setting. It would be more self control if I let others to set my password and don't let me know. Because I changed the setting whenever I wanted and wasted my time in those social media again.
- (2022-10-10) Ki !: Love this. I'm grateful to use this tool
- (2022-10-07) Gloomy Weirdo: very useful, helped me a lot not to get distracted!
- (2022-09-30) Łukasz Dąbroś: Not working for Twitter.
- (2022-09-30) Francisco Comparatore: Does what it says and the ui is pretty good/easy to use/clean
- (2022-09-29) Alexander Hjalmarsson: Works like a charm, and thanks for the new update. It's very cool and useful! EDIT: Stopped working on FB a couple of days ago :(
- (2022-09-28) Duy Khanh Nguyen: this is the best
- (2022-09-26) Broday: Does everything how it's supposed to be done.
- (2022-09-24) Ukayching Marma: wow It's great for me. This extension is super
- (2022-09-17) Adilzhan Kenes: Сделайте пожалуйста скрытие "Shorts" на Youtube
- (2022-09-16) Kai Lovel: A better 'Screentime for Chrome' + the features of 'News Feed Eradicator' ALL IN ONE. The best extension for controlling distractions and noise on the internet.
- (2022-09-02) Jakhongir Ruziev: Just what I nedded!
- (2022-09-01) Mikael Goglichidze: Excellent extension. Helps me a lot.
- (2022-08-28) ajay nagar: loved it
- (2022-08-23) Pascal Beck: amazing
- (2022-08-20) Gurjot Singh: wow. earlier i dont liked this app for youtube . but now i got to know that it blocks insta and quora by the url. much helpfull . thanks creater. cheers ps i also like it bcz i get riderected to my study site when i tries to open fb
- (2022-08-17) Purple Dragonfly: Buena.
- (2022-08-16) Daragh Walsh: Amazing - removes all distractions from social media but leaves useful parts! I especially love option to remove all media from twitter - this removes gifs and video which are often just a waste of time. You can still read the text.
- (2022-08-13) Thomas Raukamp: It made Facebook usable for years again and was one of my favorite extensions. Sadly, it doesn't hide comments on Facebook anymore since a few months.
- (2022-08-08) Pavel Shvedov: Супер! Это именно то, что я искал, а я перерыл просто кучу расширений, чтобы как-то заблокировать эти ужасные страницы рекомендаций
- (2022-08-07) Zik Lama: Very efficient and clean interface, an amazing tool!
- (2022-08-04) Tahar Remadi: Excellent app! Awesomely intuitive and easy to use. Simple and effective. Great job guys!
- (2022-08-02) Sean Phillips: The ability to completely block Facebook and turn off a few features on Twitter were a huge plus for me (espically in regards to Twitter as the Trending/Explore tab is mostly nothing but negativity fuel and I just don't need that in my life anymore).
- (2022-07-28) Fazleh Azim: great extension just need a strict mode now thanks! keep up the great work
- (2022-07-28) William Ron: Hide Likes and Comments in Facebook is not working. Please check this out.
- (2022-10-07, v:1.8.8) -[ Alien FX Fiend ]-: Facebook Hide Likes & Comments Broken As Of Late
It doesn't work anymore on FB's NewsFeed (the Hide Likes + Comments Sections) Last I heard FB changed it's NewsFeed mainpage structure, & a similar userstyle for Stylus also broke for FB. Please fix it ASAP !!! I'm dying.
- (2022-10-06, v:1.8.8) Denis Coglianese: Doesn't seem to work with facebook feed anymore?
Title pretty much, just got on FB after a while and I can see the feed and most everything else, not all toggles seem to work
- (2022-10-05, v:1.8.8) ABOOD RAMI: please fix the Facebook bug
- (2022-09-27, v:1.8.8) Ian MacDonald: No longer functioning on facebook.
9/27/2022 This plugin has quit working on facebook. Annoying suggestions and reels have returned.
- (2022-09-22, v:1.8.8) Илья Шмыров: Sender e-mail
I'm want to my friend punched me everytime when i turn on recommendations on YouTube. Can you add feature that send e-mail on specific address, when i turn off any switcher?
- (2022-07-04, v:1.8.7) Thomas Raukamp: Doesn't work on Facebook anymore
Hello. Your extension made Facebook usable for me. Sadly, it doesn't block comments andlikes anymore since a month or so. Thanks for your work.
- (2022-05-12, v:1.8.7) Vikram Maran: Feature Request: Disable Facebook Reels and Short Vids
FB has introduced this new widget which is quite spammy.
- (2022-03-22, v:1.8.7) Mike Pintea: PLEASE ADD THIS FEATURE
I am begging you. I am sure I am not alone. Allow certain Groups on Facebook to be "whitelisted" from the "Hide feed" option, maybe by the user inputting the URL to that group. I work in the film industry and often use Facebook to find new clients in various groups, but of course, when I disable your wonderful extension to see these posts - I rarely turn it back on until I've already wasted an hour or 2 stuck on Facebook. I would imagine this "Whitelisting" feature could be expanded to other website you block. I know I'd really appreciate it.
- (2022-03-03, v:1.8.7) Sonal Saha: Feature Request
Hi, This is a great extension to take make sure you consciously spend your time on things. This is a request for YouTube. Along the same lines as blurring the thumbnails, It would be great if people could see the length of the video front and centre. This will allow people to know exactly how much time they are going to spend / waste on a video.
- (2022-02-01, v:1.8.6) Nicky: block button doesn't work 😭
when pressing block it doesnt block the site. thank you so much for this app !! we used it for years and it helps so much <3
- (2022-01-22, v:1.8.5) Bullet Oclarit: Facebook Gaming Feed - Block Option
Thank you very much for this wonderful extension. Hoping you can add Facebook Gaming Feed - Block Option in the future.
- (2021-12-27, v:1.8.5) VI: Extension not working on Kiwi browser
Hi! Just wanted to let you know that the extension stopped working for Kiwi browser altogether a couple of months ago. I'm still able to flip the switches, however they dont block the web pages anymore. Thank you for your hard work!
- (2021-11-19, v:1.8.5) Guilherme Salomão (Salomão Parkour): Turn on/off website preferences
I’d like to be able to turn on/off specific websites settings, but still keep my preferences. For example: If I choose to block YouTube’s recommendations, sidebar and comments, it would be nice to turn everything on/off without having to click all three settings. Just one click to turn everything off or on.
- (2021-11-19, v:1.8.5) Guilherme Salomão (Salomão Parkour): Block Instagram Feed
Would love to be able to block Instagram Feed and Stories too.
- (2021-10-12, v:1.8.5) David S: Search/Hide Feed
I have to disable Hide Feed to see search results - is there any way you can disentangle this?
- (2021-10-12, v:1.8.5) David S: Facebook recommendations
Group and event recommendations are starting to slip through.
- (2021-09-27, v:1.8.5) Sam Darling: Doesn't block reddit r/all in incognito mode
I'm allowing it in incognito mode but it isn't working properly there
- (2021-09-12, v:1.8.4) Merin Thomas: Problem and Not working
Hi, I loved this extension and have used it this summer. However, now it is saying "No Data" for everything (youtube, instagram) and won't let me use it. Can you please fix this? Thank you so much for your help!
- (2021-07-23, v:1.8.3) /: New Feature
Hello, the youtube blur thumbnail feature is great, however could there be a new youtube feature which totally removed the thumbnail altogether, thanks.
- (2021-06-17, v:1.8) Jesse Langelier: Twitch
It would be great to have the ability to block certain elements of twitch like you do for youtube
- (2021-05-22, v:1.8) Tom Zhang-MacLeod: Just a suggestion!
Hey! I wanna thank you for saving me a lot of wasted time scrolling through useless stuff. You've created such a great extension and it's really made a lot of difference to my productivity. I had a suggestion, which is related to your "redirect to X" function. Right now, if I try to visit any of my blocked sites, I am automatically redirected to the same site. However, maybe you could add a customise feature, where if I want to visit Netflix I get redirected to X, but if I want to visit Reddit I get redirected to Y? Just a thought. Thanks for the amazing work!
- (2021-04-01, v:1.8) 色箱: There is a bug with Block list
When try to block "https://2ch-c.net" it cause invalid URL
- (2021-03-24, v:1.7.2) Melissa Dakin: Twitter Topics
Twitter just added a 'Topics to follow' box on the right side of their website, any chance of getting that as a choice to be hidden too? Thanks for all the great work!
- (2021-03-02, v:1.7.1) Jonathan Neumann: "hard block" sites for given Amount of time
It would be great to have the option to block the ability to turn the extension off for a given amount of time - maybe for 30min, 1h, 24h.
- (2021-02-28, v:1.7.1) ak: Firefox
Hi, do you guys have this extension for Firefox? Thanks.
- (2021-02-08, v:1.7) Paul Lemaret: bug with LinkedIn feed
I love your app, I use it since several months, but since last week my feed on LinkedIn is not more blocked, could you help me ?
- (2021-02-07, v:1.7) Steven Ji: Doesn't hide LinkedIn Feed anymore
Appreciate your amazing work! The option to hide LinkedIn doesn't work anymore. Thank you so much!
- (2021-01-31, v:1.7) Jack Richards: Say no data
Before it worked but not on every socaimedia it says no data
- (2021-01-23, v:1.6) Paisano: Doesn't block "who to follow" section when logged in
Doesn't block "who to follow" section when logged in.
- (2020-12-07, v:1.3) Crashcar Will: make it harder to turn off
add an option to make it not able to turn off, or make it so you cant turn it off for a specified time period.
- (2020-08-11, v:1.2.8) Andrei Mares: Hide YouTube sidebar
Can you please set when hiding the youtube sidebar to also remove the remaining text. Or at least auto-minimize the sidebar. Thanks.
- (2020-05-19, v:1.2.4) Alex Gene: Instagram
Interested adding filtering for Instagram? that too has "Suggestions for you" like the rest most of the times are utterly irrelevant, while before that I do not really require any suggestion (it's funny because they share your personal data among them, as stated in their terms and conditions, which data are completely wrong about you)
- (2020-05-11, v:22.214.171.124) Paisano: doesn't block the "Who to follow" that appears in the timeline while logged in
There is a second "Who to follow" section that appears in the timeline in twitter when you log in to twitter, Could you please add an option to hide that as well if possible? Thanks.
- (2020-03-02, v:1.2.2) Brian Jackson: New FB profile and change LinkedIn behavior
As you might have seen, FB is rolling out their new UI to everyone. I've been using it for months already. Would be awesome to see support for it. For LinkedIn, there is another Chrome extension that hides the feed, but the "Start a post" at the very top. This is useful as I don't want to see the feed, but for marketing and business purposes still need to be able to easily share. Thanks
- (2020-02-03, v:1.2.2) Eyy Eyy: Facebook timeline still works
- (2019-07-25, v:1.2.0) Stefan Bittner: Trends in new Twitter layout
Hide Trends has no effect
- (2019-07-21, v:1.2.0) Микола Петюх: New Twitter
Please, update filters for new Twitter design
- (2019-02-18, v:1.0.8) Allow custom blocking
Allow custom blocking
- (2019-02-16, v:1.0.8) Nguyễn Văn Tuấn: Read history? Why?
Read history? Why?