Easily switch between multiple breakpoints to test a sites responsiveness at various screen sizes.
Breakpoint Tester is used to quickly and easily test the responsiveness of a website at various breakpoints. Breakpoint Tester ships with some sensible defaults to get you started off right but you're more than welcome to use your own custom breakpoints. Breakpoint Tester uses the default media queries that ship with Bootstrap 3 as a baseline for it's breakpoint presets which are: 480px (Mobile) 768px (Tablet) 992px (Laptop) 1200px (Desktop) Breakpoint Tester is open source and licensed under the MIT license. You are more than welcome to contribute to development, the project can be found on GitHub: https://github.com/JeffreyHyer/BreakpointTester If you run into any issues or would like to request a new feature please do so either via the "Send Feedback" link in the Chrome Webstore or by opening a new GitHub issue. Feedback is both welcome and encouraged!
- (2021-07-08) Sergio Vazquez II: This extension does NOTHING. No matter what I click, NOTHING happens.
- (2020-07-08) 7b3n: Great extension for web devs
- (2019-08-19) Vlad Ovchinnikov: Does not take in account developer tools width :(
- (2019-08-18) Jay Sync: very useful.. took me a bit to understand why the numbers where not updating when resizing but: - ALT+drag : will show the dimension when resizing - ALT+left/right arrow : will change window size by 1 px (not working 4 me bcs when i do that my browser goes up and down on history) - ALT+SHIFT+left/right arrow : will change window size by 10px
- (2017-10-13) Great! Detectable and custom presets would be a great addition. Also, a reset action is needed to return the browser window back into its initial state before using the extension to resize.
- (2017-01-13) Private: Awkward way of resizing the entire browser.
- (2016-06-24) Dylan Grant: The breakpoints are a little off. For example, tablet is actually 766px.
- (2016-03-30) Number 9: i love this..
- (2016-03-10) Oleg K: super
- (2015-08-21) Trinity Kretz: New update is horrible. It used to actually be useful - it would show you all the breakpoints in your code on one screen and let you see them side-by-side. Now it merely resizes your browser window.
- (2015-08-21) Joey Puopolo: This new version is completely not helpful. It used to show the breakpoints already in your css. Now, all it does is resize your browser screen for you, which I can just do on my own. There's no reason for me to even use this.
- (2015-03-08) Jeffrey Vest: Very well done. Very useful. Support for making the overlay smaller would be nice.
- (2014-06-02) Brad Green: Useful tool for every web developer. See how your site looks/arranges on any device. Presets for common widths! Thanks!
- (2014-03-27) Tyler Snowden: Very useful! No more dragging windows around to guess how your website will look like on mobile devices.
- (2020-01-03, v:1.0.4) Michael Sperber: App ability
Why do you need rights to "identify and eject storage devices"? I'd suggest you remove this access right
- (2019-04-04, v:1.0.4) Gregg Fisher: This app can...
Very odd, and unsettling!! Please explain why this app needs the ability to "identify and eject storage devices".
- (2017-09-02, v:1.0.4) Hyapatia Lee Native Strength: can't open app
This app used to open and run but even though it appears in web store it cannot be opened.
- (2017-09-01, v:1.0.4) Hyapatia Lee Native Strength: Can't open app
the app used to be next to my address bar on the right hand side until Adobe support took over my computer and now the app is gone. The web store says I downloaded it but it doesn't show on my computer. Following the instructions sends me to achrome://apps. site that give me an error message saying the address in no good and the site may have moved. HELP! I have to have this site up by tomorrow.
- (2016-04-04, v:1.0.4) Tiago Rocha: Problem with windows 10
When I select a resolution using the chrome on windows 10, an example of the model for width 768 pixel. the browser returns me 766 pixel, always 2 pixel unless it also for other models. I do not know is something related to the code of Windows 10, but I know that I am with this problem. Hugs and congratulations on extension