Keep your tabs ordered by their most recent usage.
This extension keeps browser tabs sorted in most recently used order (MRU), from left to right, just like a list of apps is organized on desktop OSes (while holding Alt+Tab). Tab Slider brings this behavior to Chrome browser for your convenience. Try it! How it works: + If you stay on tab more than 1 second (default), it will "slide" to the leftmost position; + In this way, most recently used tabs always stay left-to-right ordered; + Because of the order, naturally, when switching tabs with Ctrl+Tab, the browser will switch to the next most recently used tab; + Pinned tabs will slide to the opposite side, from left to right. This behavior is intended, enabling you to conveniently switch between most recently used pinned tabs and most recently used normal tabs with keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl+Shift+Tab switches to most recently used pinned tab, and Ctrl+Tab switches back to most recently used normal tab). + You can customize reordering delay in extension's settings; + New active tabs appear left immediately. Once you understand this concept, you will find such reordering of tabs absolutely natural and logical.
- (2020-08-11) Adam Jake: Great. I was missing this feature since i left opera
- (2019-08-21) Igor Petrovic: Really nice idea and it works really good. Do you think you can implement an option to have the tabs sorted on the right? Thanks for your work, cheers.
- (2018-06-08) Marc Bear: Makes web browsing so much more intuitive!
- (2018-04-13) Dmitry Torshin: Such wow! Can't understand, how I lived without it. I used CTRL+TAB MRU extension. But this much intuitive. You always see tab order.
- (2018-01-29) 林东吴: 一直想让浏览器能像 VSCode 那样快速切换到最近在用的页面，这样做一件事的时候可以快速切去参考然后无脑切回来。 不得不说这个应用做得比 VSCode 和火狐都更好，因为它还留出了一个一秒的等待时间，这样就有更多微操余地了，好评！
- (2018-01-16) Scott MacDonald: Great extension, simple and works as advertised. It takes an hour or so to get used to it and then you just know where your tabs are and it really helps productivity.
- (2017-11-05) Nikita Savchenko: I got used to this extension so much that now I can't browse the net without it.