The New Tab Extension for Developers
Initab is a new tab extension that replaces Chrome's new tab page with a dashboard of useful tools to make your job as a programmer easier. Get a quick view of your GitHub/GitLab Issue activity, Stack Overflow activity, and much more... Features: * Getting started with Initab is easy. Open the SETTINGS panel and configure your preferences. CUSTOM LINKS are a popular (optional) feature that you might consider activating. Simply add some valid URLs or Markdown URLs to the CUSTOM LINKS section in the SETTINGS panel. The DATE & TIME section then gets replaced with your custom links. Don’t forget to try the optional TAB LIMITING feature. It automatically keeps your browser tabs limited to the number you choose by closing older tabs. Some like it, some don’t…so be careful. * Do you find yourself constantly hunting around for the GitHub Issue or Pull Request you're currently working on? Initab pulls your GitHub activity directly from your history, so you don't have to worry about closing the tab associated with that issue and/or pull request. Simply open a new tab and you'll see the item right there in your GitHub Issue/PR Activity. * Oh, you don't use GitHub? You're more of the GitLab type, huh? Well, Initab has you covered! Quickly toggle between GitHub and GitLab as your preferred Issue and Pull/Merge Request tracker. * Whoops! You accidentally closed the tab with the Stack Overflow answer that could help you out of the mess you’re in… Don’t worry, Initab has you covered there too. Click this button to toggle the Stack Overflow panel which is populated with all of your recent S.O. history. * Cover all your browser history bases with the RELEVANT HISTORY section. Do you want to see articles or blog posts you've visited related to a specific technology? Add a keyword in the RELEVANT HISTORY section in the SETTINGS panel. * Do you have a favorite SubReddit for the technology you love to work with? Add your preferred r/… in the SETTINGS panel, in order to keep tabs on whats going on in Reddit today. * Do you need quick access to your commonly used code snippets that you have available in your Gist account? Simply enter your GitHub username and Initab will fetch all public Gists related to your account. * Keep up to date with the hot new GitHub repos for the technology that you’re interested in. Trending New Repos fetches the most starred GitHub repositories that were created in the last month. * Scratch Pad - a super simple note taking app that is available to you with every new tab you open. * Code Playground - now you can create projects and quickly hack around from within Initab. ------------------------------------------- 1/26/2020 - Latest 1.7.2 - 1.7.13 Release Notes: * Fixed a bug where some users are seeing a blank page in every new tab (Sorry about that one). * Minor UI Updates & Bug Fixes 11/17/2019 - Latest 1.7.0 - 1.7.1 Release Notes: * Unlocked Code Playground for all users (no Twitter verification required) * Minor UI Updates & Bug Fixes 1/26/2019 - Latest 1.6.0 - 1.6.4 Release Notes: * Code Playground Panel - Now you can create projects and quickly hack around from within Initab. * Minor UI Updates & Bug Fixes 11/17/2018 - Latest 1.5.0 - 1.5.1 Release Notes: * Custom Links now support Markdown URL format to allow for cleaner formatting if desired. Standard URL format also still supported. * Updates to social media share messaging. * Minor UI layout updates. 08/14/2018 - Latest 1.4.0 - 1.4.8 Release Notes: * Added support for GitLab * Carbon Ads Integration 07/08/2018 - Latest 1.3.0/1.3.1/1.3.2 Release Notes: * Added 'Scratch Pad' note taking feature * Layout updates * Minor bug fixes 07/02/2018 - Latest 1.2.0/1.2.1/1.2.2 Release Notes: * Bug fixes and allow localhost:* as a valid custom link url 12/03/2017 - Latest 1.1.2 Release Notes: * Added direct Reddit comments link when post links to external (non-Reddit) url 09/17/2017 - Latest 1.1.0/1.1.1 Release Notes: * This is a big update... * Added ability to display custom links (optional) * Added relevant history feature to fetch articles/blog posts related to a specific keyword defined in the settings panel * Layout updates 09/04/2017 - Latest 1.0.3 Release Notes: * Prevent pinned tabs from being removed when tab limiting is turned on * Minor layout updates
- (2020-06-26) altry: i like it. i wish there were an option to toggle on/off the features I don't plan to use.
- (2020-04-13) 김명길: cooooooooool
- (2020-03-18) CHAITANYA KUMAR REDDY: Very helpful for developers.
- (2020-03-12) Borhan Uddin: I really love it.
- (2020-03-10) Kartik Sharma: Oh my god! I spent the whole day trying to find a good productivity focussed extension all day today. I found momentum, leoh, etc. However, i didn't know that THIS was what i needed!!! I stumbled upon this by pure chance and i absolutely love it! However, i would love it if i could add multiple keywords in my "relevant search history". If you consider open-sourcing this, i would be more than happy to contribute!!
- (2020-03-05) Bhumesh Domala: It would be better if it have Label instead of URL for CUSTOM WEB LINKS
- (2020-02-20) Abhishek Hamal: As far as i can see, everything is great. Besides the paid ad-removal option cited by many users, I'd also like to put some emphasis on more theme-ing options.
- (2020-02-16) Dean Lofts: I didn't know I even needed this.
- (2020-02-12) Muhammad Dayan: awesome
- (2020-01-30) Ebubekir Tabak: For running on Vivaldi: Settings/Tabs/ check "new Tab page feature" and "controlled by extensions".
- (2020-01-10) Cường Nguyễn Hữu: Awsome
- (2019-10-07) Chad Boyce: This is the only "new tab extension" I've ever installed and kept! I almost always delete it right after I install it. I look forward to new features or sections that get added in the future. Thank you!
- (2019-05-22) Kristy Whalen: It's OKAY. Just isn't much there other than access to Git repo's and a collating of posts on Stack Exchange. To really make this one good (even if the additions need to be behind a paywall), you should add groups of sites with programming-centric posts other than Stack Exchange. Links to programming messageboards and such. Programming tips for various languages. Right now it's essentially a demo.
- (2019-05-15) Yohany Flores: Excelente, Me gustaria que tubiera mas de una subreddit o key!
- (2019-01-25) Eric Palecek: love it! would you consider a paid option to get rid of the ads?
- (2018-12-24) Neil Woods: This is amazingly useful. One minor thing: it would be very handy to have other members of the "Stack Exchange" family of sites available as menu items on the left (similar to how stack overflow is done), especially serverfault and superuser. That's all, otherwise perfect!
- (2018-11-04) Samir Habib Zahmani: Okay, I usually hate new tabs extensions but this one is great.
- (2018-08-13) Michael Pagano: Ads. No thanks.
- (2018-04-02) Jake B: Awesome new tab extension, I love it! My only complaint: the Custom Links bit won't render links that don't have a '.' in them. As a dev, I have tons of things like http://localhost:3000 or http://localsourcecontrol/my/repo, and the quick links doesn't like those
- (2018-03-04) Era: Mantab!
- (2018-01-08) Damian Bursztyka: Great extension!
- (2017-10-11) Lucas Lima: It awesome!
- (2017-08-23) Jeff Hanson: Love this. So glad I found it. Highly recommended.
- (2017-08-21) Jarvis Prestidge: Somehow this is just what I was looking for :) Edit: it would be really useful to add an option to add a new gist as well as just see the existing ones.
- (2020-01-25, v:1.7.2) Nick M: Customizability + no ad option
Needs to be more customizable- I don't use reddit so I'd like to remove that whole section, I much prefer having my new tab screen have a light theme to match the rest of the web, and so on. Would be good to bring out the notepad to the main screen rather than bury it in a tab. Would like the custom links to be a bit larger. The ads are carbon so they're not completely tasteless but I'd like them gone anyway. I would be willing to pay for the ability. Proper GH integration (using github personal access token or even a more official app connection method) would also be nice, you could provide notifications and live updates rather than rely on browser history. Overall, a lot of potential, I've been looking for a dev-oriented new tab page like this for a long time- I've unfortunately had to rely on the default Chrome newtab bookmarks to drive my daily productivity as I have yet to find anything more capable (and the built in bookmarks suck). I would ask that before adding any new features, try to refine the experience a little- let us move/hide things, light theme, no ads, that's pretty much all I need before I'm ready to use it on a daily basis.
- (2019-11-21, v:1.7.1) Marius Van Nieuwenhuyse: Don't work since a few days
Sorry but your extension isn't working right now
- (2019-11-20, v:1.7.1) Daniele Del Giudice: Blank page
I've been unable to use Initab for a few days. Attempts to load the extension just show a blank page; this is the console output: bundle.js:28 Deprecated: please use require("intro.js") directly, instead of the introJs method of the function e.exports.introJs @ bundle.js:28 bundle.js:67 Uncaught ReferenceError: ShareButton is not defined at t.value (bundle.js:67) at t.value (bundle.js:67) at t.<anonymous> (bundle.js:67) at t.value (bundle.js:67) at t.<anonymous> (bundle.js:67) at t.value (bundle.js:67) at t.<anonymous> (bundle.js:67) at t.value (bundle.js:67) at t.<anonymous> (bundle.js:67) at t.value (bundle.js:67) 8bundle.js:11 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '__reactInternalInstance$85b25ctr35y' of null at Object.u [as getClosestInstanceFromNode] (bundle.js:11) at r (bundle.js:67) at i (bundle.js:67) at r.perform (bundle.js:11) at Object.batchedUpdates (bundle.js:28) at Object.i [as batchedUpdates] (bundle.js:11) at dispatchEvent (bundle.js:67) I hope it will help you figure out what's happening. Thanks for your work on this handful extension!
- (2019-11-13, v:1.6.4) Rod: cant make the twitter verification work
Cant make the twitter verification work :/ i get a couple of console errors ``` bundle.js:33 GET https://musing-rosalind-4a9ccb.netlify.com/.netlify/functions/verifyshare?twitterusername=Rodrigo_Abril 502 index.html:1 Access to XMLHttpRequest at 'https://musing-rosalind-4a9ccb.netlify.com/.netlify/functions/verifyshare?twitterusername=Rodrigo_Abril' from origin 'chrome-extension://igmbdimmfbpdplpahpapkploofmgaipl' has been blocked by CORS policy: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. ```
- (2019-06-09, v:1.6.4) Neel Shah: Adding multiple keywords for the history and subreddit feature
Is there a way to add multiple subreddit and keywords to search from. I tried space and comma separated didn't work, anything else? Btw, the idea is really great, loving it already!
- (2019-02-07, v:1.6.4) Dan Surkan: Settings across multiple devices
Is there a way to have the settings copy across to multiple computers?
- (2019-01-29, v:1.6.4) Jeroen Bouma: Love it but would like a few more customizations
I would really like it if we could alter the 'GitHub' window on the right with different platforms. For example I have times that my Stack overflow history is more relevant to me and therefore it is really beneficial if it can be placed on the right side instead of under 'Settings'. Other than that, Initab is amazing!
- (2019-01-26, v:1.6.4) Derek B: Added RSS feed
Be awesome to be able to add an RSS feed we use.
- (2019-01-25, v:1.6.3) Todd Saylor: Support enterprise Github
Great extension! But my company uses an internal/enterprise Github which is hosted locally, so instead of github.com it's git.some-internal-url. Any chance of allowing a configurable Github URL so we can support this type of environment?
- (2018-12-24, v:1.5.1) Rodrigo Abril: Issue while using it
I love your tab but it has a mayor issue o7 sometimes when opening a new tab with cmd+t some of my currently open tabs are closed... I tried disabling (issue is gone) and reenabling the plugin (and the issue comes back)
- (2018-11-29, v:1.5.1) Todor Pavlov: Feature Request: Adding custom links
Hi, The idea of this extention is good, but it would be even better if I can add custom liks to it. Without this it is not valuable enough for me to install it