Add the best menu bar to get easy and fast access to all your useful browser options and internet products!
Everything you need from a browser in one horizontal bar. That includes the File, Edit, View, History, Bookmarks, Window, and Help menu items. And with one single click on the X icon, you hide the horizontal bar. Proper Menubar goal is to find your function in a proper way, that by categorizing every function under the right menu part. Proper Menubar is a lightweight and useful add-in designed to open your useful browser functions. Such as to save a file, cut and copy text, select all items, etc. As a user, you can also choose for the ultimate Google Product bar. So you can access fast your favorite Google Product. It works for all websites, and there is an option to show this bar on all websites. Choose between the following bars: + Web Browser menu bar (default option) + Google Products menu bar Few great features in this browser extension: + Option to choose between the browser menu or the Google Products list + Option to mute/unmute the sound on the current tab + Option to change the order of the Google Products in the bar + Option to change the URL to your Google country (UK, US, NL, ES, FR, JP, RU, etc) + Option to get the search keyword + Option to customize the background and color + Option to add a drop shadow + Option to place the bar on the top or bottom of your screen + Option to open the link in the existing tab Project Information: https://www.stefanvd.net/project/proper-menubar/browser/ Required Permissions: "contextMenus": This to add the menu items in the web browser context menu. "activeTab": This is needed for the following features: to show or remove the bar, and execute the context menu action on the currently open tab. "storage": This to save the settings on your local computer, and to sync it to your web browser account. "pageCapture": This to save the currently open web page as an MHTML file type. "clipboardWrite": This to write the selected text with 'copy' or 'cut' function in your clipboard. "clipboardRead": This to read the saved text in your clipboard. "bookmarks": This to create a custom bookmark in your bookmark manager page. Note: YouTube is a trademark of Google Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions. Google and the Google logo are registered trademarks of Google Inc. <<< Option feature >>> To protect your eyes at night and to get focus on the video player such as YouTube™. It's recommended to use and install the Turn Off the Lights https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/bfbmjmiodbnnpllbbbfblcplfjjepjdn
- (2023-01-09) Louis Kramer: I, do not like Chrome, no sir, I do not. Like Ford vs Chevy, Chrome vs Firefox is a controversy. It's Chevy/Firefox by a mile in my case. That said, I need to use Chrome for several work applications and Google Workspace. Pretty sad a State Bureaucracy depends on Giggles...err Google to maintain their information technology. Proper Menubar for Google Chrome is a godsend. I can navigate as needed and have everything I need at the touch of a button or 6. My only regret is I can't give you 6 stars!
- (2022-11-15) George Knoppe: I'm not paying to see if it works. I thought it worked previously but not any more. Removing as no sense in having an extension that is useless.
- (2022-08-06) Cynthia Green: I love it. There are enough changes in Chrome (coming from FireFox) to make. That tool bar made it all a little easier.
- (2022-08-06) king egypto: THANKS TO THE DEVELOPER, THE EXTENSION NEEDS ONLY TO MORE SOME OPTIONS TO BECOME INTEGREATED, ADDING USER OPTION TO SAVE THE USER SETTINGS, SHOWING PROPER MENUBAR IN ALL WEB PAGES AND THE ABILITY TO DRAG THE MENUBAR TO THE TOP OF PAGE
- (2022-07-16) Palomar Jack: "A swing and a miss". Nice try, but borderline useful. Don't have actual access to bookmarks. I use them a lot. You have to open the "hamburger" menu to get at them. You also cannot manage them at the menu, like drag and drop because, they are not there anyway. This menu is just a local web page overlaying the one you are viewing. I just wish the Brave team would put the menu bar back. Hamburger menus are fine for cellphones, but that is where they should have stopped. If people get confused transitioning between devices maybe they should stay with their little iphones, or whatever. Or, better yet, stay away from confusing technology with more that 10 buttons on it and leave perfectly good menu interfaces where they belong.
- (2022-07-09) Bryck78: It doesn't save my settings. I put TOP and it never showed up. Yes I hit the green button. And every page of the program options is the same thing. No where to save your settings. I'd give up programming and sell rags, is my advice to you. Edit a year later: It is useful on occasion, but I default having it off, when I got used to using only when needed, it wasn't that bad.
- (2022-07-07) Tim Redding: I have installed the extension, enabled it etc, it is STILL not showing up in chrome, what am I missing??
- (2022-07-01) Steve Frandzel: Nothing shows up. Followed the directions, tried different settings, spent too much time trying to figure it out, still nothing shows up on my screen.
- (2022-04-21) Haru: Have to click the extension for it to work. Expected a menu bar to appear from my browser. Worthless.
- (2022-04-18) Emrah Mutlu: Can you add a left-justified menubar feature?
- (2022-04-08) Jonathan Kundra: Works fine, very useful. And here I am again, five years down the line and still loving this sympathique little extension. It's more than high time for me to offer a little contribution in recognition of Stefan's altruism - and I do so with pleasure. Thank you, Stefan: It's one from the heart, as they say.
- (2022-04-07) Steven Weseman: One can only thank the developer for making this available. The interest among so many to get the menu bar back I think reflects the importance of legacy user interfaces for efficiency (for the user) as well as comfort. Sadly, I assume it was impossible to code an extension placing the menu bar at the top of the browser window. Nonetheless helpful . . . and as to user interfaces just imagine how frustrating it has been for power users to adapt to Microsoft's endless "updates" to MS Office/especially Word . . . adding no new features etc.
- (2022-03-03) Logan Allen: might have to turn it on and off once or twice but it flawless after!
- (2022-03-02) Geri Sessa: I found the extension very helpful. So Much better using google with it than not.
- (2021-12-16) Tony Nardo: Unlike "Exit" from the standard Chrome mechanism, "Exit" on the menubar does not preserve existing tabs and windows. Further, it prevents Ctrl+Shift+T from restoring any tab except the one "Exit" was selected from. With this difference in functionality, this extension can not be considered a Proper Menubar.
- (2021-11-29) James historytimeline.com: Does not work.
- (2021-11-22) Matt Stilwell: The extension installs just fine. I changed the background colour to make it more pleasing to the eyes, but now when I try to go to the settings page, I am unable to use the Advanced options or the design section where I had been before to change the background colour.
- (2021-09-25) Terry Hutson: works great--I have never had a problem seeing the menu bar. I used this product for over five years now.
- (2021-08-09) Olia Devos: I did install it but I see no bar at all. It is on as well in extantions. So what is up actually?
- (2021-07-27) iiHealthy: it still works fine in 2021. pretty good extension although there is a bit of a delay when loading
- (2021-07-24) Mikel Kasaboff: Not exactly sure if you can actually call it a bar, it's not what I thought it was.
- (2021-06-28) Jim Ferrier: Rubbish. No menu bar appeared. Wasted time.
- (2021-06-11) David Bouchard: While it does have the menus, they're all below the other top bars (tabs, search bar, bookmarks) with no apparent way to move it above any of these where it is found in literally everything else. I know Google did this on purpose - because they're jerks - but it belongs above everything else, including the tabs. The extension really needs a way to move the bar up further.
- (2021-06-10) Craig Orland: I added this to my chrome and edge browsers, but my browser window started glitching when transitioning from one web page to another. The following is a screenshot of what appears for a split second between web pages. I disabled the addon and the glitch went away. VERY annoying. https://i.imgur.com/hiE7XdW.jpg
- (2021-05-22) Charles Knerr: The chrome-menu button dropdown is not completely themed. The menu choices are split between browser menu bar and google products... can't have both? Or a google menu on the browser menu bar? Note for those complaining about menu missing: It is not possible to properly develop in Chrome... many pages are off-limits. The Gods are jerks.
- (2021-04-30) Patricia Ann Gonzalez: Chrome really needed this toolbar. I am ecstatic with this extension. Easy to setup, customize and use. And the developer has other great stuff. Take a peak. It might not be for you, but it is definitely intelligent. Nonetheless, the toolbar for chrome is exceptional. THANKS!
- (2021-03-30) B LAKSHMI PRIYA: where can i find open file option
- (2021-01-15) Romanda Marchero: To designers of Proper Menubar for Google Chrome. I want to remind you, that it is 21 century century and not Middle Ages ... Welcome to the future!
- (2020-11-13) David Galbraith: Wrote a bad review when it wasn't working properly. It is now working kind of as it should. The menu options doesn't have the normal shortcuts like Firefox used to have. The bookmarks menu should actually display your bookmarks not just have links to the manager or bookmark tabs. That is the thing most people would expect to see when they click on "bookmarks". The support page is useless for making suggestions. At best you will be taken to JustAnswer which is using a bot that's clueless about what you are referring to. So I will be hunting down an email for the dev for now. I realize that Chrome is developed by people who don't live in the real world and they intentionally make it difficult for developers to make things the way they'd like.
- (2020-10-30) A Woman’s Glory: I like it however it seems to not stay where I put it. Need to check the settings and see what I have checked and unchecked.
- (2020-10-28) T K: Can't figure out how it works. Installed it, closed Chrome, opened Chrome back up..no menu bar. Doesn't seem to work.
- (2020-10-20) Albert Fendl: Works fine for me. Just a suggestion: the bar disappears after closing the browser and has to be turned on again after the next start. Please improve!
- (2020-09-27) D.M. Powles: DOES NOT WORK. AND YES STEPHAN, I'M RESTARTED THE BROWSER
- (2020-09-07) Ken Rich: FIX FOR BROKEN EXTENSION!! The others are correct. This doesn't work - unless you know the secret password and magic action! The "+" sign is nowhere to be found, but it you click on the "magic" puzzle piece icon on the far right next to your picture it will open the Extension Manager. Scroll down the list and you'll find the "+" sign that DOES work. It won't display an actual menu bar, but all it's menu choices are there and available, just not as clean and picturesque as a true menu bar.
- (2020-08-22) C M: The menu bar does not move into place. When I go to the Extensions icon and click on Proper Menue Bar I get a message that is does not work on this web page. The web page if a fresh Chrome Browser window.
- (2020-07-19) diane silk: proper menu bar does not work properly. when it is on a black and white data screen keeps flashing on the screen with information. very distracting and should be corrected by chrome. not good.
- (2020-07-01) Damilare: thanks for this i love it u get sense jare
- (2020-04-10) Ina Gomez: After reading some reviews I got the impression these writers didn't understand how to use the program. I found the program easy to use. Just what I needed.
- (2020-04-04) John Wellborn: Unable to set options - keeps resetting to defaults. Toolbar colors settings don't appear anymore.
- (2020-03-20) John Waddell: Proper Menu Bar caused my Chrome browser to flicker on every click. Removing it stoped.
- (2020-03-04) Jay: Great addon
- (2020-02-08) Dan Potyraj: I'm trying to like it but when I pick the black button a box appears. The top of the box reads "Proper Menubar does not work on this web page, please try another page. Now it works. Just had to close and re-open Google Chrome. When I re-opened, it came right up with Chrome. Good Job. Love it.
- (2020-02-03) Ed Love: Excellent! Didn't work at all until I restarted Chrome. Thanks from down under!
- (2020-01-29) Ann Miller: does not work
- (2020-01-27) Amie Bates: THANK YOU! Finally, I feel complete when using Chrome!
- (2020-01-10) Kathy Stenger: Garbage. Waste of time. Doesn't work.
- (2019-11-21) Mike H: It's useless, as many reviewers point out. The developer's suggestions do not work. The black box with the + in it is black, regardless of the website one is on. How many 1-star reviews are required before something is removed from the Chrome Web Store?
- (2019-11-10) Hank Hill: It's not a proper menu bar. A proper menu bar would allow for keyboard shortcuts (alt+b to open bookmarks etc). This is barely more than a purely cosmetic extension.
- (2019-11-09) David Galbraith: Only thing that happens is clicking the black square with the plus sign shows a dropdown menu (a little better than the 3 dot option), not an actual menu bar above. The youtube tutorial doesn't even match the current version and has 70% downvotes. The dev just doesn't seem to get that his extension is broken at least for the latest versions of Chrome.
- (2019-11-02) Paul Murany: didnt work sucked beyond measure
3.8 (295 votes)
Last update / version
2019-09-04 / 22.214.171.124