Add the best menu bar to get easy and fast access to all your useful browser options and internet products!
Everything you need from a browser in one horizontal bar. That includes the File, Edit, View, History, Bookmarks, Window, and Help menu items. And with one single click on the X icon, you hide the horizontal bar. Proper Menubar goal is to find your function in a proper way, that by categorizing every function under the right menu part. Proper Menubar is a lightweight and useful add-in designed to open your useful browser functions. Such as to save a file, cut and copy text, select all items, etc. As a user, you can also choose for the ultimate Google Product bar. So you can access fast your favorite Google Product. It works for all websites, and there is an option to show this bar on all websites. Choose between the following bars: + Web Browser menu bar (default option) + Google Products menu bar Few great features in this browser extension: + Option to choose between the browser menu or the Google Products list + Option to mute/unmute the sound on the current tab + Option to change the order of the Google Products in the bar + Option to change the URL to your Google country (UK, US, NL, ES, FR, JP, RU, etc) + Option to get the search keyword + Option to customize the background and color + Option to add a drop shadow + Option to place the bar on the top or bottom of your screen + Option to open the link in the existing tab Project Information: https://www.stefanvd.net/project/proper-menubar/browser/ Required Permissions: "contextMenus": This to add the menu items in the web browser context menu. "activeTab": This is needed for the following features: to show or remove the bar, and execute the context menu action on the currently open tab. "storage": This to save the settings on your local computer, and to sync it to your web browser account. "pageCapture": This to save the currently open web page as an MHTML file type. "clipboardWrite": This to write the selected text with 'copy' or 'cut' function in your clipboard. "clipboardRead": This to read the saved text in your clipboard. "bookmarks": This to create a custom bookmark in your bookmark manager page. Note: YouTube is a trademark of Google Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions. Google and the Google logo are registered trademarks of Google Inc. <<< Option feature >>> To protect your eyes at night and to get focus on the video player such as YouTube™. It's recommended to use and install the Turn Off the Lights https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/bfbmjmiodbnnpllbbbfblcplfjjepjdn
- (2021-08-09) Olia Devos: I did install it but I see no bar at all. It is on as well in extantions. So what is up actually?
- (2021-07-27) iiHealthy: it still works fine in 2021. pretty good extension although there is a bit of a delay when loading
- (2021-07-24) Mikel Kostov: Not exactly sure if you can actually call it a bar, it's not what I thought it was.
- (2021-06-28) Jim Ferrier: Rubbish. No menu bar appeared. Wasted time.
- (2021-06-11) David Bouchard: While it does have the menus, they're all below the other top bars (tabs, search bar, bookmarks) with no apparent way to move it above any of these where it is found in literally everything else. I know Google did this on purpose - because they're jerks - but it belongs above everything else, including the tabs. The extension really needs a way to move the bar up further.
- (2021-06-10) Craig Orland: I added this to my chrome and edge browsers, but my browser window started glitching when transitioning from one web page to another. The following is a screenshot of what appears for a split second between web pages. I disabled the addon and the glitch went away. VERY annoying. https://i.imgur.com/hiE7XdW.jpg
- (2021-05-22) Charles Knerr: The chrome-menu button dropdown is not completely themed. The menu choices are split between browser menu bar and google products... can't have both? Or a google menu on the browser menu bar? Note for those complaining about menu missing: It is not possible to properly develop in Chrome... many pages are off-limits. The Gods are jerks.
- (2021-04-30) Patricia Gonzalez: Chrome really needed this toolbar. I am ecstatic with this extension. Easy to setup, customize and use. And the developer has other great stuff. Take a peak. It might not be for you, but it is definitely intelligent. Nonetheless, the toolbar for chrome is exceptional. THANKS!
- (2021-03-30) B LAKSHMI PRIYA: where can i find open file option
- (2021-01-15) Romanda Marchero: To designers of Proper Menubar for Google Chrome. I want to remind you, that it is 21 century century and not Middle Ages ... Welcome to the future!
- (2020-11-13) David Galbraith: Wrote a bad review when it wasn't working properly. It is now working kind of as it should. The menu options doesn't have the normal shortcuts like Firefox used to have. The bookmarks menu should actually display your bookmarks not just have links to the manager or bookmark tabs. That is the thing most people would expect to see when they click on "bookmarks". The support page is useless for making suggestions. At best you will be taken to JustAnswer which is using a bot that's clueless about what you are referring to. So I will be hunting down an email for the dev for now. I realize that Chrome is developed by people who don't live in the real world and they intentionally make it difficult for developers to make things the way they'd like.
- (2020-10-30) A Woman’s Glory: I like it however it seems to not stay where I put it. Need to check the settings and see what I have checked and unchecked.
- (2020-10-28) T K: Can't figure out how it works. Installed it, closed Chrome, opened Chrome back up..no menu bar. Doesn't seem to work.
- (2020-10-20) Albert Fendl: Works fine for me. Just a suggestion: the bar disappears after closing the browser and has to be turned on again after the next start. Please improve!
- (2020-09-27) D.M. Powles: DOES NOT WORK. AND YES STEPHAN, I'M RESTARTED THE BROWSER
- (2020-09-07) Ken Rich: FIX FOR BROKEN EXTENSION!! The others are correct. This doesn't work - unless you know the secret password and magic action! The "+" sign is nowhere to be found, but it you click on the "magic" puzzle piece icon on the far right next to your picture it will open the Extension Manager. Scroll down the list and you'll find the "+" sign that DOES work. It won't display an actual menu bar, but all it's menu choices are there and available, just not as clean and picturesque as a true menu bar.
- (2020-08-22) C M: The menu bar does not move into place. When I go to the Extensions icon and click on Proper Menue Bar I get a message that is does not work on this web page. The web page if a fresh Chrome Browser window.
- (2020-07-19) diane silk: proper menu bar does not work properly. when it is on a black and white data screen keeps flashing on the screen with information. very distracting and should be corrected by chrome. not good.
- (2020-07-01) Damilare Abiodun: thanks for this i love it u get sense jare
- (2020-04-10) Ina Gomez: After reading some reviews I got the impression these writers didn't understand how to use the program. I found the program easy to use. Just what I needed.
- (2020-04-04) John Wellborn: Unable to set options - keeps resetting to defaults. Toolbar colors settings don't appear anymore.
- (2020-03-20) John Waddell: Proper Menu Bar caused my Chrome browser to flicker on every click. Removing it stoped.
- (2020-03-04) Jay: Great addon
- (2020-02-08) Dan Potyraj: I'm trying to like it but when I pick the black button a box appears. The top of the box reads "Proper Menubar does not work on this web page, please try another page. Now it works. Just had to close and re-open Google Chrome. When I re-opened, it came right up with Chrome. Good Job. Love it.
- (2020-02-03) Ed Love: Excellent! Didn't work at all until I restarted Chrome. Thanks from down under!
- (2020-01-29) Ann Miller: does not work
- (2020-01-27) Amie Bates: THANK YOU! Finally, I feel complete when using Chrome!
- (2020-01-10) Kathy Stenger: Garbage. Waste of time. Doesn't work.
- (2019-11-21) Mike H: It's useless, as many reviewers point out. The developer's suggestions do not work. The black box with the + in it is black, regardless of the website one is on. How many 1-star reviews are required before something is removed from the Chrome Web Store?
- (2019-11-10) Hank Hill: It's not a proper menu bar. A proper menu bar would allow for keyboard shortcuts (alt+b to open bookmarks etc). This is barely more than a purely cosmetic extension.
- (2019-11-09) David Galbraith: Only thing that happens is clicking the black square with the plus sign shows a dropdown menu (a little better than the 3 dot option), not an actual menu bar above. The youtube tutorial doesn't even match the current version and has 70% downvotes. The dev just doesn't seem to get that his extension is broken at least for the latest versions of Chrome.
- (2019-11-02) Paul Murany: didnt work sucked beyond measure
- (2019-10-13) Oh Guru: Does not work on Google page ...funny
- (2019-10-01) James LaBarre: Can't do anything to fix Google's cr*p software engineering.
- (2019-09-19) Larry Rasmussen: Thanks Stefanvd.net this is really helpful*****
- (2019-09-07) James Capra: Just an awful piece of code. All this blinking when browsing from one sight to another is major league annoying.
- (2019-09-01) Zel Canter: i hate Chrome because it doesn't have the "File Edit View etc." It tells you that you can add those things by clicking the square with the white cross and then clicking the "Proper Menu Bar is Off" to turn it on. Yeah?? That works some of the time, but like now, I have clicked it on and off and on again and those commands jsut do not appear. So, it only works sometimes, and besides, I want to have those things automatically appear when I bring up the website, I don't want to suddenly discover that they aren't there when I need them. And, what a waste to have to "Book Mark" things when I had plenty of "Favorites" in the old Google. So, when I wnat to save something, I have to bring the old Google up and then make the site a "Favorite" rather than start again with the Chrome "bookmarks". I know the engineers at Chrome know best and know what's good for me, but I would like to have had the option of just continuing with Google only so many sites don't support it and you're forced to use the burdensome Chrome. Well ... not really, there is Fire Fox as an easier alternative. Too bad this si a cry in the wilderness as the Chrome engineers know it is still best for me ....
- (2019-08-19) T C: What we want is for the Menu Bar to appear at the top and not just in some Black Icon with a Cross. Wasting of time to install. Will uninstall this extension. And will use back Firefox - better option than Google Chrome.
- (2019-08-16) Earleen Lillegard: Sometimes on some stefanvd.net pages the menu bar will display properly under the existing chrome bookmarks toolbar, with an "x" exit button on the right end of the menu bar. However 99% of the time it will not display on any website. The extension icon is set to "Proper Menu Bar Is On", but the menu options "File", "Edit", "View", etc. are displayed in the extension button drop-down instead of on the page as a toolbar.
- (2019-08-15) Nickolai Gypsy: the worst! not worth downloading! forget about it !!
- (2019-08-06) Lisa Mullings: Very helpful!!
- (2019-08-04) Lynn Redmond: Terrible. Would not install so it would be up on top.
- (2019-07-12) Skillet: Does not work as advertised even after watching the video and following all the steps. Like others, no menu bar appears along the top of the Chrome browser itself. There is a dropdown listing of items when you click the black box; however, I would not categorize that as a "Menu Bar" at all. Any extension that takes this much time and effort only to wind up not working for several people for the same issue does not rate greater than two stars. A nice try, but obviously more testing is needed to solve this issue.
- (2019-07-12) steamboatmary: Worthless. I want the menu bar back that allowed me to email a story through my comcast account since I rarely use gmail. Firefox has Google Chrome beat by miles in ease of use. Stop fixing what was not broken!
- (2019-07-08) Nancy Dove: IT DOESN'T WORK!
- (2019-06-08) Cathy Brown: Works great no problem. Those that say can't see have to navigate to web page to use bar. Great add on....
- (2019-05-21) Denny Chiu: Does not work. Does not appear above address bar. Clicked on it in Chrome extensions. Still does not work.
- (2019-05-14) Natty Tempest: All this adds is a single button that CONTAINS the menu-bar I want. Why would any user need another drop-down tree inside another button? I have turned it on from the 'Proper Menubar' + symbol, which has not made any changes in the interface of any website I visit. I have gone through the settings and selected: Show the browser menu bar, as that is what I wanted. I have selected: Show the bar on all websites included not Google sites, because that's what I wanted from this extension. What I have is YET ANOTHER icon on my browser that opens a drop-down has all the useful things hidden in ANOTHER drop-down... The image on the front page shows an actual menubar that is underneath the address bar. Either explain how to achieve that, or remove the false image.
- (2019-05-09) rgdwn1: Followed instructions and menu bar only appeared once. How about giving us some real help without leaving out details or steps, and, please, provide links.
- (2019-05-06) The copy and paste functions do not work. I copy using it and when I want to paste: nothing to paste!
3.8 (278 votes)
Last update / version
2019-09-04 / 18.104.22.168