Add the best menu bar to get easy and fast access to all your useful browser options and internet products!
Everything you need from a browser in one horizontal bar. That includes the File, Edit, View, History, Bookmarks, Window, and Help menu items. And with one single click on the X icon, you hide the horizontal bar. Proper Menubar goal is to find your function in a proper way, that by categorizing every function under the right menu part. Proper Menubar is a lightweight and useful add-in designed to open your useful browser functions. Such as to save a file, cut and copy text, select all items, etc. As a user, you can also choose for the ultimate Google Product bar. So you can access fast your favorite Google Product. It works for all websites, and there is an option to show this bar on all websites. Choose between the following bars: + Web Browser menu bar (default option) + Google Products menu bar Few great features in this browser extension: + Option to choose between the browser menu or the Google Products list + Option to mute/unmute the sound on the current tab + Option to change the order of the Google Products in the bar + Option to change the URL to your Google country (UK, US, NL, ES, FR, JP, RU, etc) + Option to get the search keyword + Option to customize the background and color + Option to add a drop shadow + Option to place the bar on the top or bottom of your screen + Option to open the link in the existing tab Project Information: https://www.stefanvd.net/project/proper-menubar/browser/ Required Permissions: "contextMenus": This to add the menu items in the web browser context menu. "activeTab": This is needed for the following features: to show or remove the bar, and execute the context menu action on the currently open tab. "storage": This to save the settings on your local computer, and to sync it to your web browser account. "pageCapture": This to save the currently open web page as an MHTML file type. "clipboardWrite": This to write the selected text with 'copy' or 'cut' function in your clipboard. "clipboardRead": This to read the saved text in your clipboard. "bookmarks": This to create a custom bookmark in your bookmark manager page. Note: YouTube is a trademark of Google Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions. Google and the Google logo are registered trademarks of Google Inc. <<< Option feature >>> To protect your eyes at night and to get focus on the video player such as YouTube™. It's recommended to use and install the Turn Off the Lights https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/bfbmjmiodbnnpllbbbfblcplfjjepjdn
- (2020-07-01) Damilare Abiodun: thanks for this i love it u get sense jare
- (2020-04-10) Ina Gomez: After reading some reviews I got the impression these writers didn't understand how to use the program. I found the program easy to use. Just what I needed.
- (2020-04-04) John Wellborn: Unable to set options - keeps resetting to defaults. Toolbar colors settings don't appear anymore.
- (2020-03-20) John Waddell: Proper Menu Bar caused my Chrome browser to flicker on every click. Removing it stoped.
- (2020-03-04) Jay: Great addon
- (2020-02-08) Dan Potyraj: I'm trying to like it but when I pick the black button a box appears. The top of the box reads "Proper Menubar does not work on this web page, please try another page. Now it works. Just had to close and re-open Google Chrome. When I re-opened, it came right up with Chrome. Good Job. Love it.
- (2020-02-03) Ed Love: Excellent! Didn't work at all until I restarted Chrome. Thanks from down under!
- (2020-01-29) Ann Miller: does not work
- (2020-01-27) Amie Bates: THANK YOU! Finally, I feel complete when using Chrome!
- (2020-01-10) Kathy Stenger: Garbage. Waste of time. Doesn't work.
- (2019-11-21) M H: It's useless, as many reviewers point out. The developer's suggestions do not work. The black box with the + in it is black, regardless of the website one is on. How many 1-star reviews are required before something is removed from the Chrome Web Store?
- (2019-11-10) Hank Hill: It's not a proper menu bar. A proper menu bar would allow for keyboard shortcuts (alt+b to open bookmarks etc). This is barely more than a purely cosmetic extension.
- (2019-11-09) David Galbraith: Only thing that happens is clicking the black square with the plus sign shows a dropdown menu (a little better than the 3 dot option), not an actual menu bar above. The youtube tutorial doesn't even match the current version and has 70% downvotes. The dev just doesn't seem to get that his extension is broken at least for the latest versions of Chrome.
- (2019-11-02) Paul Murany: didnt work sucked beyond measure
- (2019-10-13) Oh Guru: Does not work on Google page ...funny
- (2019-10-01) James LaBarre: Can't do anything to fix Google's cr*p software engineering.
- (2019-09-19) Larry Rasmussen: Thanks Stefanvd.net this is really helpful*****
- (2019-09-07) James Capra: Just an awful piece of code. All this blinking when browsing from one sight to another is major league annoying.
- (2019-09-01) Zel Canter: i hate Chrome because it doesn't have the "File Edit View etc." It tells you that you can add those things by clicking the square with the white cross and then clicking the "Proper Menu Bar is Off" to turn it on. Yeah?? That works some of the time, but like now, I have clicked it on and off and on again and those commands jsut do not appear. So, it only works sometimes, and besides, I want to have those things automatically appear when I bring up the website, I don't want to suddenly discover that they aren't there when I need them. And, what a waste to have to "Book Mark" things when I had plenty of "Favorites" in the old Google. So, when I wnat to save something, I have to bring the old Google up and then make the site a "Favorite" rather than start again with the Chrome "bookmarks". I know the engineers at Chrome know best and know what's good for me, but I would like to have had the option of just continuing with Google only so many sites don't support it and you're forced to use the burdensome Chrome. Well ... not really, there is Fire Fox as an easier alternative. Too bad this si a cry in the wilderness as the Chrome engineers know it is still best for me ....
- (2019-08-19) T C: What we want is for the Menu Bar to appear at the top and not just in some Black Icon with a Cross. Wasting of time to install. Will uninstall this extension. And will use back Firefox - better option than Google Chrome.
- (2019-08-16) Earleen Lillegard: Sometimes on some stefanvd.net pages the menu bar will display properly under the existing chrome bookmarks toolbar, with an "x" exit button on the right end of the menu bar. However 99% of the time it will not display on any website. The extension icon is set to "Proper Menu Bar Is On", but the menu options "File", "Edit", "View", etc. are displayed in the extension button drop-down instead of on the page as a toolbar.
- (2019-08-15) Nickolai Gypsy: the worst! not worth downloading! forget about it !!
- (2019-08-06) Lisa Mullings: Very helpful!!
- (2019-08-04) Lynn Redmond: Terrible. Would not install so it would be up on top.
- (2019-07-12) Skillet: Does not work as advertised even after watching the video and following all the steps. Like others, no menu bar appears along the top of the Chrome browser itself. There is a dropdown listing of items when you click the black box; however, I would not categorize that as a "Menu Bar" at all. Any extension that takes this much time and effort only to wind up not working for several people for the same issue does not rate greater than two stars. A nice try, but obviously more testing is needed to solve this issue.
3.9255 (255 votes)
Last update / version
2019-09-04 / 220.127.116.11