Adds a "open background image in new tab" menu item. Finds closest element to the clicked area that has a background image.
Adds a new menu item to web pages - "open background image in new tab". Will try to find the closest element to the clicked area that has a background image. Tries to mirror Chrome's own "open image in new tab"-functionality, but currently there seems to be no way in Chrome extensions to show a context menu item based on the return value of a function, so currently it is always shown, regardless of the presence of a background image. This extension is open-source and MIT-licensed. Source code can be found at https://github.com/rexxars/view-background-image - contributions are welcome.
- (2021-05-05) Acroth Dlar: Does not seem to work. I tried reloading the tabs, and restarting Chrome. Tried with several websites.
- (2020-10-26) Laura Timmel: I've tried a few similar extensions, and so far this is the best one. The other extensions will in some cases open multiple background images from the page (each in a separate tab), whereas this one opens only the image I'm pointing to. As a bonus, this extension is TINY!
- (2020-09-07) Juan Contreras: 2020 ya no funciona
- (2020-06-29) Bob Loucks: Yes, it works PERFECTLY fine. Just reload any open existing tabs people before you go writing that it doesn't work. Perhaps less quick to say things don't work without putting in the least bit of effort..
- (2019-08-23) Rainbow Warrior Princess: Doesn't work anymore, no tab with background image opens.
- (2019-03-12) Jed S: Does NOT work regardless of reload or restart
- (2018-11-26) Alexei Rybnikov: Doesn't work
- (2018-09-30) Dario Ahdoot: It *does* work. You need to reload the tab/page. At least for HTML elements which have a background-image style attribute/CSS
- (2018-08-05) Roman Medvedev: Doesn't work
- (2018-07-26) Calvin Hanson: RELOAD tab, works great
- (2018-06-21) Gage Adrian: doesn't work
- (2018-03-08) Jörgen Slet: Manages to grab only partial URL of background image (truncated after "filters:no_upscale(")
- (2018-01-12) 耿昌宇: Works fine after you restart chrome. Don't forget to restart chrome. Don't forget to restart chrome. Don't forget to restart chrome.
- (2018-01-07) Ashad Anver: Doesn't work. Nothing happens.
- (2017-09-28) Nikolaus Wittenstein: Works fine - you need to reload the page you're viewing after you install the extension.
- (2017-07-16) Roxanne McCloud: Completely nonfunctional
- (2017-04-11) Artur Buchhorn: Currently not working. Nothing happens.
- (2017-03-16) Alan Houser: Nothing happens. At all. Ever.
- (2017-01-17) Tatai Tibor: Megyen, de közel sincs a firefoxban alapból benne lévőhőz.
- (2017-01-16) Doesn't work. Nothing happens.
- (2016-09-17) Reece Smith: Doesn't work
- (2016-09-01) Péter Rácz: does not work... :-(
- (2016-08-29) Genaro Mateos Castro: Es un genio quien diseño este plugin,esta opcion la deberia integrar google
- (2016-03-07) Or Schiro: Very useful extension. Thank you so much! ~Robert
- (2015-12-29) Matt Sven: Works! What more can I say? :D