Adds a "open background image in new tab" menu item. Finds closest element to the clicked area that has a background image.
Adds a new menu item to web pages - "open background image in new tab". Will try to find the closest element to the clicked area that has a background image. Tries to mirror Chrome's own "open image in new tab"-functionality, but currently there seems to be no way in Chrome extensions to show a context menu item based on the return value of a function, so currently it is always shown, regardless of the presence of a background image. This extension is open-source and MIT-licensed. Source code can be found at https://github.com/rexxars/view-background-image - contributions are welcome.
- (2019-08-23) Rainbow Warrior Princess: Doesn't work anymore, no tab with background image opens.
- (2019-03-12) Jed S: Does NOT work regardless of reload or restart
- (2018-11-26) dE fENDER: Doesn't work
- (2018-09-30) Dario Ahdoot: It *does* work. You need to reload the tab/page. At least for HTML elements which have a background-image style attribute/CSS
- (2018-08-05) Roman M: Doesn't work
- (2018-07-26) Calvin Hanson: RELOAD tab, works great
- (2018-06-21) Gage Adrian: doesn't work
- (2018-03-08) Jörgen Slet: Manages to grab only partial URL of background image (truncated after "filters:no_upscale(")
- (2018-01-12) 耿昌宇: Works fine after you restart chrome. Don't forget to restart chrome. Don't forget to restart chrome. Don't forget to restart chrome.
- (2018-01-07) Ashad Anver: Doesn't work. Nothing happens.
- (2017-09-28) Nikolaus Wittenstein: Works fine - you need to reload the page you're viewing after you install the extension.
- (2017-07-16) Roxanne McCloud: Completely nonfunctional
- (2017-04-11) Artur Buchhorn: Currently not working. Nothing happens.
- (2017-03-16) Alan Houser: Nothing happens. At all. Ever.
- (2017-01-17) Tatai Tibor: Megyen, de közel sincs a firefoxban alapból benne lévőhőz.
- (2017-01-16) Doesn't work. Nothing happens.
- (2016-09-17) Reece Smith: Doesn't work
- (2016-09-01) Péter Rácz: does not work... :-(
- (2016-08-29) Genaro Mateos Castro: Es un genio quien diseño este plugin,esta opcion la deberia integrar google
- (2016-03-07) Or Schiro: Very useful extension. Thank you so much! ~Robert
- (2015-12-29) Matt Sven: Works! What more can I say? :D