Measure typographic line lengths right from the page
The "measure" is the width of a body of type. This little tool helps you find it with a simple click in the toolbar and highlight of a line of text. WHY WOULD I DO THAT? The length of a line of type impacts how readable it is. Generally, a good measure is between 45–80 characters per line. FOR DESIGNERS, FOR DEVELOPERS Designing legible content requires a lot of attention, across the huge range of device types and screen sizes. A good measure on a desktop monitor might be 80 characters, but on smaller screens or multiple columns might be 45 characters. Although this could all go out the window depending on the colours or typeface used. So do remember to apply your own discretion, too! Measure makes it easy to be more precise when creating for the web.
- (2019-03-30) Akshay Kadam: Seriously love how simple it is. Does it's job pretty well :)
- (2018-10-15) Lukas Oppermann: A very easy to use, nice looking and helpful little plugin. 👍
- (2017-04-06) Alex Nikiforov: The extension works great. It count not only numbers of characters in line, but all characters in the selected segment.
- (2017-04-02) Mike: cannot use with Yandex Browser browser.yandex.ru
- (2017-03-29) shivam kapoor: nice
- (2018-10-15, v:1.0.2) Lukas Oppermann: Change color depending on length & let user customize length
Hey, very nice plugin. What would make it even more helpful is if the number or bubble would be green / orange / red depending on the line length. Because the ideas of an optimal line length are a little different it would be best if the user could set her own optimal min and max but by default there would be a suggested and prefilled value of course. The result: - If I highlight a line with 65 characters the bubble would be green. - If I highlight a line with 78 characters (assume that the max is set to 75) it would be orange - If I highlight a line with 85 characters the bubble would be red. Cheers
- (2018-02-15, v:1.0.2) Michael Lee: Randomly closes
Seems to close on it's own and I have to reload it everyday. Not sure if the problem is on my end or whatever but just started happening like a week ago.