Highlights misspelled words on the active webpage.
Quickly spell check webpages. Useful for web developers & editors to catch spelling errors in published sites. * Supports english dictionary. * Marks misspelled words inline on the page with a red underline. * Does not offer suggestions. * Safe - plugin requires no special permissions or external requests. * Keyboard shortcut Cmd+Shift+K (Mac) or Ctrl+Shift+K (Win)
- (2019-09-30) Zach Payne: Simple to use and works as expected
- (2018-10-24) Mark Joerger: Quick and effective. I only wish it worked with local html files -- I'd like to check my new pages BEFORE I load them onto the web.
- (2017-10-26) Neil Mohr: It's on the simple side, but it works well. Now, how do I add words and choose a UK English dictionary...
- (2017-02-16) Megan Shannon: Shows the red dots under misspelled words right on the page. Works as expected. Feature request: It'd be awesome if I could click a button to jump to the next misspelling or have a list of the misspellings, or even the number of misspellings found on the page. Testing long webpages can be tedious.
- (2019-05-21, v:1.0.2) Ian Bale: Great plugin. Shame it doesn't know how to spell...
Is there any possibility of changing the dictionary that powers this plugin? The one you are using has no ideas whatsoever about how to spell common english words. Originally I though ti was simple applying an American English dictionary, rather than a true English, but on close inspection, it's not even getting American words right. Its the only extension I can find that can spell check the whole page, not just editable areas. So I am reluctant to criticise too much, but too many false positives does tend to make it rather less useful. Some examples of falsely identified incorrect spellings: fulfil fulfilment enquire enquiry enquired optimised travelling recognise
- (2019-03-04, v:1.0.2) term of use
Hi, I wonder if there is a use limitation? We are Goodwill of Olympic and Rainier Region, a non profit organization. Thanks
- (2018-11-20, v:1.0.2) coin and gold: How does this work?
How does it work??? I right click on the red word and gives me nothing!
- (2018-07-03, v:1.0.2) Rose Lord: No Highlighting~
I had a problem with another spelling check, now this one doesn't work either not sure why? Can you help me? TY, Rose
- (2018-02-28, v:1.0.2) Jack Murray: Does this store data in the cloud?
Does this store data in the cloud?
- (2017-11-11, v:1.0.2) Frances Cherman: More control would be nice
I would like to be able to configure the extension to ignore certain types of words – acronyms, for example. Other options, such as the ones offered by MS Word, would also be nice.
- (2017-08-11, v:1.0.2) Andrew Rose: Language
Only US language and not Chrome/system setting?
- (2016-05-18, v:1.0.1) joseph stevens: Hotkey to spell check?
Is there a shortcut key to toggle this spell check functionality?