Automatically finds and highlights words and phrases on the web page according to your list
- No registration required - Organize your search words in groups and lists - All data stored locally - Auto-refreshes highlights on page reload and content changes - Unlimited words and lists - Free Easy to use Chrome Extension that automatically searches for defined words in the current browser tab and marks them in a text. Many more advanced features available through settings: - Create color-coded keyword lists - Disable highlighting on certain sites - Export or import your settings and keyword lists - Use lists from Pastebin ** New in 4.5 - Select the performance of the hihglighter and the impact on your computer ** New in 4.4.12 - Highlighting happens now also in iframe without src tags ** Fixed in 4.4.10 - Changed the way the highlighter detects a load of a page and a change in the page to provide a more stable highlighting ** Fixed in 4.4.8 - Fixed: an issue whereby the "Show words found" was not displaying on pages which had iframes - Fixed: a stability issue whereby words were not displayed in the page ** New in 4.4.1 - Faster highlighting: the extension doesn't wait anymore until the page is fully loaded - Fixed: an issue whereby the "never highlight" setting was not be saved after clearing it - Fixed: an issue with the found words overview ** New in 4.4 - Support for non basic character sets - Optional support for highlighting in content editable containers (eg in gmail) - Fixed: Performance issues - Fixed: Duplicate names for groups - Fixed: Issues with highlighting some words / wordparts ** Fixed in 4.3.1 - Fixed an issue whereby the longest match was not highlighted ** New in 4.3 - Fixed: Export is fixed - Added Russian translation, thanks to Pereshchepino ** Fixed in 4.2 - Fixed: an issue with Pastebin synced lists ** New in 4.1 Allows using a pastebin list, you can share the list and it will synchronize automatically. - Fixed: an issue with highlighting on Google results page ** New in 4.0 - Shows highlights within frames - Option to print highlights - Re-highlights when adding/removing words - Fixed : Navigating between words is fixed ** New in 4.0 - Shows highlights within frames - Option to print highlights - Re-highlights when adding/removing words - Fixed : Navigating between words is fixed ** New in 3.4 - Words keep their sequence - Find words and word lists - Context menu shows order of wordlist on date modified ** Fixed in 3.3.5 - Fixed an issue with incorrect colouring ** New in 3.3 - Set wildcards (?,*) in words - Backup and restore your words - Define foreground color - Define sites on which the highlight should occur ** Fixed in 3.3 - Highlighting of text including special characters ** Define words ** Easily specify words and phrases you want to be highlighted. ** Highlighting ** Highlights the words and phrases on the page Shows how many words have been highlighted ** Works on Ajax pages ** The extension detects changes to the page and re-highlights the words.
- (2020-01-12) Сергей Сергей: Не работает
- (2020-01-07) Florian Walther: This extension would be perfect if you could add the option to underline links within the highlights. Otherwise they are easy to miss. I'll change this to 5 stars when you implement this.
- (2019-12-23) Saleh Alzahrani: goooood
- (2019-11-30) Haji Ku: I think this extension is what I want to learn a new language
- (2019-11-25) Layth Fadhala: Great extension. Thank you very much. I wanted to mention that It would be very useful to add a function or search bar to delete a specific highlighted word or phrase rather than scrolling through the entire list. Kind regards
- (2019-11-21) Katta Santhosh Kumar: Greate plugin. Is there way to send alert or do some action if it finds some keywords in the page dynamically??
- (2019-11-19) edit cue: powerful feature，but not easy to use
- (2019-11-16) Eptiskus dulce: Заколебал, после того как выключишь - само включается; а ещё периодически нарушает разметку страницы. А главное очень на многих языках ни черта не подмечает (из того что обычный поиск на Ctrl+F видит). Да и в целом неудобно.
- (2019-11-14) Асен Селановски: Splendid, absolutely marvelous. It is a great tool for many sorts of tasks.Highly recommended. Especially love the backup and restore functionality. There is only one thing that I am missing - more details on what is the data that is stored locally - is it only the word list I create or the highlighted content as well?
- (2019-11-09) Rick Smart: Funktioniert nur teilweise gut. Leider streut es die von mir markierten Wörter auf anderen Seiten zum Text dazu, obwohl sie dort nicht gefunden wurden.
- (2019-11-08) Павел Мокринский: Одно из лучших расширений. Жаль раньше его не нашел
- (2019-11-06) David Hobbs: Great App for sifting out what my tired eyes can't. Game changer in terms of productivity. Struggling to highlight single commas though which would make it 6 stars!
- (2019-10-26) M M: NICE ..
- (2019-10-25) Shivam mishra: This add in is awesome and has been working flawlessly for me. I just wish it could also highlight keywords on a pdf doc while reading on chrome.
- (2019-10-23) Sonja Pylvainen: Is there any way we can get this to work on PDFs and other documents that are downloaded in the browser?
- (2019-10-22) Scott Summers: Want to love it, but it often doesn't work the way it should.
- (2019-10-21) Andrei Bogdan: Awesome extension.
- (2019-10-13) John Kelsh: Would be good to have an option to send a notification when text matches, or something more obvious than a small number.
- (2019-10-13) François Giraud: Ne marche pas du tout dommage.............
- (2019-10-06) Lisiane Gonçalves: I have a problem with highlight words on pdf archives. It copies the words in the list, but just don't highlight them visually. Would be amazing if it work on pdf as well. I'm doing something wrong?
- (2019-10-03) AJ Dimalawang: Thank you so much. More blessings to you.
- (2019-09-26) Danil Kozyatnikov: Does the job well. Thank!
- (2019-09-26) Craig Ostertag: Love this extension! I use this daily at work so I don't miss any important information. Maybe I can help it get better! One thing a co-worker and I discussed was the addition of notes. For example, you are on a website looking at a ton of information. For each bit of highlighted text, you have to do something specific and sometimes you can't remember why that highlight was important. Well, with the addition of notes, you would be able to add a note to that highlight. You just simply hover over the highlighted text and see what you needed to reminded of.
- (2019-09-11) Michael Massaro: work good but purpose of multi word search is to find quickly different words....for that purpose there should be separate color for each word, but there are all same colors when the words are highlighted
- (2019-08-30) Lyle Lopez: Essential tool for my work. Best highlighter tool I've used. Intuitive, great customization options. Great job on this one! Keep on it!
- (2020-01-11, v:4.5) Florian Walther: Not working on notion.so
This extension does not work on Notion.so (within notes). Considering how popular Notion has become, it might be worth for you looking into this. I would be awesome if I could use this extension in my own notes.
- (2020-01-09, v:4.5) Hassan Alhakeem: i lost my lists
i lost my lists it is like new now they are very important could you help me recover them, please
- (2020-01-09, v:4.5) Roland Wong: Highlight Background covering up too much
Hi, I was wondering if there is any way to get the background highlight to not cover up the words next to the highlighted words. I have an example here that shows the highlight covering up the word to the right of it. I wish the highlighting was a bit smaller. https://www.dropbox.com/s/mauwbfywkp9gz3b/CoveringUpText.png?dl=0 Thanks
- (2020-01-05, v:4.5) Florian Walther: Foreground color resets after saving changes to a group
What makes this extension better than others is the option to NOT change the foreground (text) color of highlights. This is important for me because otherwise it's easy to miss hyperlinks. In this extension I can disable the foreground color but clicking the little red X. This works, but only until I make changes to the same group again. Then it resets to white.
- (2019-12-22, v:4.5) Dariusz Sikorski: Preserve "html color" option and improve highlight shadows
Hello, I found Your plugin to be the best of this type. I changed the Foreground color to "html color" and it switches to #000 after browser restart. Also changed Background to subtle #ffda0029. Could You please change box-shadow to transparent rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.05) so it wouldn't be white line on black backgrounds? Good work overall, Regards!
- (2019-12-22, v:4.5) Tor N.: 2 problems, and 1 suggestion
There is a problem in highlighting local language (letters like æ, ø and å). Would be very helpful to get that also. Second problem is I need to highlight "Sandnes" but then "Sandnessjøen" also highlights.. Would be nice to have a "not" list too. and last, would be very nice if the injected class or id was re-nameable. On some sites it collides with other id/classes. And would be nice to be able to style it a bit more ourself if needed :) Thanks for a great addon anyways!
- (2019-12-09, v:4.5) Martyna Stafa: Problems with Highlight this
Hi, I just want to ask about your tool. Sometimes I see that key words that are listed in my tool are not marked. When I write a world in a Google, which is in my Highlight This tool, I see that it's marked, but unfortunately, it doesn't work in Google Docs with more than one word in a line, for example: "I like dogs" is not marked, but when I write "dogs" - it is. What is more, in Linkedin I see that not always my key words are marked. What is the reason of that? Also, I use Workable to recruit people. It's really important for us to have marked the companies we cooperate with and to mark the candidates from those companies. Sometimes the companies they are from are not marked even if we have this company in Highlight this. Could you advice me? What is the reason of that? Of course I use Google Chrome :)
- (2019-11-21, v:4.5) Павел Мокринский: Не импортируется резервная копия в Linux.
Не импортируется резервная копия в Linux.
- (2019-11-18, v:4.5) Eli Bernard: HTML Editor
I love this tool, and have donated! However, I currently have the need to make lots of edits to content via an HTML editor in frame. The highlighter works for the Page, but when I open the editor, it does not work in the design view or editor view. I've tried every available setting. Is there a way to do this? Thank you!
- (2019-11-18, v:4.5) Grzegorz Hermanowicz: Removal of the word under context menu
Hi I use Firefox version. I miss the "oneClick" functionality to remove marked word from the list its currently marked with.
- (2019-11-14, v:4.5) Асен Селановски: All Data Stored Locally - which data this is?
Hello Mr. Deboel In the extension overview it states that "All data stored locally", so I would like to ask if you can please confirm what is meant by ‘all data stored locally’? i.e. What data would that be – would it store all the highlighted information or just the lists of key words I created? Thank you in advance,
- (2019-11-11, v:4.5) Karyn Derby: Highlight lists are gone
I noticed this morning that my highlight lists are no longer visible in my plugin and that my highlights are no longer showing up. Where does Highlight This write its data? I'm wondering if there's some sort of reference file I can reconnect, or at the very least try to read myself to rebuild my lists.
- (2019-11-05, v:4.5) David (Grue) DeBry: LinkedIn
(Sorry for the double post; I didn't want my email address to be visible to everyone.) Thank you for building Highlight This!; it's awesome. Like some of your commenters, I'm using it for my LinkedIn job search. I have a few different word lists; some positive, some negative. It's incredibly helpful. I'm running into a problem where as I click through each of the jobs in my saved search, the addon is adding new words to the job description. With each job I click on, the problem gets worse. I'm happy to walk you through this on a screen sharing call or send you still images; just let me know what would be most helpful. Thanks!
- (2019-11-04, v:4.5) Finn Thirud: Brilliant plugin!
I use this extension to highlight particular job titles on LinkedIn's network page. What a time (eye) saver for me. Thank you a lot!! €20 is coming to you!
- (2019-10-22, v:4.5) Migo: Import doesn't work
Hi, First of all great addon! I have a problem to import a file. What can be the reason? Is there a work arround available until the problem is fixed?
- (2019-10-21, v:4.5) Scott Summers: No longer highlighting
Placing more than a single word on a line (two words with a space between them, for example) stops the highlight from taking place. Only single words trigger highlight action.
- (2019-10-21, v:4.5) Simon Edwards: Certain text not highlighting
Hey there, very quick question on an issue I'm having: I'm seeing the highlighter fail on the use of symbols at times. E.g. this for example won't work: Example (>500g) However if I highlight by Example, it works, it just seems to be the > ( symbols. Is this a known issue?