This extension helps to modify, execute and explain Solr queries
[TLDR] This extension aims to help Solr developers and users with queries. You can modify Solr queries, execute, debug and, very important, see the explain in a crystal clear format. Solr queries are full of short parameters, hard to read and modify, especially when the parameters are too many. And after all this, it is even harder to debug and understand why a document is more or less relevant than another. The Solr debug explain output is a three too big to fit in one page. Finally, in real world Solr queries are often generated by applications so it is really painful try to execute them. This plugin offers the ability to execute the queries and show the output in a human readable format. Parameters, documents, facets, debug, explain are well organised and structured.
- (2020-04-14) Rafał Konieczny: Love it. Save a lot of hours on debug queries.
- (2019-04-25) Nick Raphael: I have gotten a lot of use from this extension. I would like to use it more deeply. But the queries I am trying to debug are pretty complex and in such cases the Document tab does not work at all. I have looked at the code and I could sort through it, but I wonder if you have any suggestions for how to approach debugging it. Perhaps even some documentation :-) ? I suppose I need the Ext IDE ...? or can I get by without it and in fact just ignore the Ext in general? Thanks,.
- (2017-09-07) Michael Wagner: Love it :)
- (2017-06-02) Alessandro Benedetti: Great work ! it makes much easier to pretty print Solr Json response. Amazing for Solr debug purpose!
- (2016-07-25) Leonardo Foderaro: Very useful tool to better understand your Solr queries. For more information: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/debugging-solr-queries-using-chrome-extension-leonardo-foderaro Thank you!
- (2016-06-22) Andrew Machtolff: Great tool! I use it quite a lot to help understand the output of my boosting function. Thank you!
- (2021-01-20, v:2.5.22) Logan Esenther: Proxy support
My solr server is behind a VPN and I use a socks5 proxy server to communicate to my solr and this plugin seems to attempt to make the requests directly. Do you know of any workaround to get the requests go through a proxy or have any plans to support this feature?
- (2018-12-03, v:2.5.22) Vaibhav M: I cannot scroll down, scroll bar not showing
Hi I cannot scroll down and scroll bar is completely invisible please help me how to make it happen. Previously I could see and use scroll bar. Your tool is awesome btw!!!
- (2018-06-18, v:2.5.22) Explain Info Missing?
Ever since we upgraded to 7.2 the explain output window does not display the top level result info, making it difficult for me to know which result I'm looking at. I think it may have shown the fl values previously? Now I only see a blank value in the match column to the right of the folder icon. Thanks for any info you can provide!
- (2018-03-28, v:2.5.22) Brian Birrell: Explain doesn't look to be working with Sorl 7.2
Using a basic *:* query against Solr 7.2 is giving explain rows that are empty except for score which shows 1.000000000 all the way down.
- (2017-10-27, v:2.5.17) Lekha Dipika: after the latest update not able to launch the plugin
on clicking the plugin button nothing happens and the plugin does not launch I'm on Chrome Version 60.0.3112.113 (Official Build) (64-bit) On a mac running OSX yosemite 10.10.2
- (2016-07-25, v:2.5.15) Claudio Corti: query dietro proxy
Salve, il server dove risiede l'istanza di solr sulla quale lavoro si trova dietro proxy e non è accessibile dall'esterno. Pensate di prevedere il supporto a questo specifico caso? Grazie.