Extract, edit, and evaluate XPath queries with ease.
XPath Helper makes it easy to extract, edit, and evaluate XPath queries on any webpage. IMPORTANT: After installing this extension, you must reload any existing tabs or restart Chrome for the extension to work. Instructions: 1. Open a new tab and navigate to any webpage. 2. Hit Ctrl-Shift-X (or Command-Shift-X on OS X), or click the XPath Helper button in the toolbar, to open the XPath Helper console. 3. Hold down Shift as you mouse over elements on the page. The query box will continuously update to show the XPath query for the element below the mouse pointer, and the results box will show the results for the current query. 4. If desired, edit the XPath query directly in the console. The results box will immediately reflect your changes. 5. Repeat step (2) to close the console. If the console gets in your way, hold down Shift and then move your mouse over it; it will move to the opposite side of the page. One word of caution: When rendering HTML tables, Chrome inserts artificial <tbody> tags into the DOM, which will consequently show up in queries extracted by this extension.
- (2020-06-27) Manoj Kumar Gandikota: It's good but doesn't work on elements inside iframes. Please suggest on how to make this work inside iframes.
- (2020-04-04) Tobias Weihmann: A simple, but very useful tool. The UI of course is very basic, but developers won't have difficulties using it.
- (2020-04-01) Марта Харитонова: Очень помогло на стадии изучения XPath селекторов. А главное, динамически все сам подхватывает. Спасибо!
- (2020-04-01) 爻㸚: 想不到还有这么好用的东西，现在才发现，这个真的挺方便的
- (2020-03-07) Gary Weng: 很有用，很难用
- (2020-03-01) 汪刘: 不知道为什么，一会能用一会又用不了
- (2020-02-22) 日月为易: 太好用了，这样爬虫就轻松多了，非常感谢作者。
- (2020-02-21) Frank Yeats: it's great!
- (2020-01-15) Eva qiu: Unable to set the location of the software in the browser
- (2020-01-07) ray tomy: Not Work
- (2019-11-23) Major Hoffman: Doesn't work. Install > Reload > nothing.
- (2019-11-07) sheng li: 新版本chrome中失效
- (2019-11-01) Waqas Bin Hasan: Excellent, keep it up and thanks a million :)
- (2019-09-18) HM x: 没用
- (2019-08-14) Mayzz03: Ne fonctionne absolument pas. Rien ne se passe avec Ctrl + Shift + X ou au clic sur l'icone.
- (2019-08-01) long xiao: 好用！
- (2019-07-31) Thamme Gowda: I love this addon very much. Very handy to test out my Xpaths on a real page before adding them to my screen scraper. Wish it supported XPATH 2.0
- (2019-07-01) Rory Sproule: trash
- (2019-06-27) just dont work, only on wikipedia
- (2019-05-10) Takhsin Saraira: Thank you so much for the helpful extension. :*
- (2019-04-28) 陈志杰: 怎么点都没用
- (2019-04-17) maneesh pn: waste plugin
- (2019-04-16) Pink Little Pig: I just started using it but from what I can tell it works perfectly and really helped me out!
- (2019-04-16) 张进: 很好的工具。。。
- (2019-04-10) Miller Joshua: won`t work with newer chrome
- (2020-05-13, v:2.0.2) Dao Huy Hoang - K11 FUG HN: Remove shift key shortcut please
Remove shift key shortcut please
- (2019-11-03, v:2.0.2) Anuar Rodriguez: Install extention
Hi, I try to install the extention but I recive this error Could_no_get_temp_directory And I have a temp directory with persmissions Thanks
- (2019-07-04, v:2.0.2) R Rajasekaran: Under Iframe, We are unable to find the any element using this xpath helper.
Hi Team, First of all I want to thank you all for giving us a wonderful utility to test our xpath locator. Almost I'm using daily to build my complex xpath. However I struck when iframe tag comes in and I cannot access element inside iframe. Can you do something for this issue? so that we can exact xpath Thanks, Raj R
- (2019-04-13, v:2.0.2) Muhammad Umer: xpath without reliance on classes and id
Is there a way to get xpath that doesn't rely on classes or ids, only on tree structure directly from body tag.
- (2019-04-09, v:2.0.2) Sven Ullstad: Xpath helper doesn't discover if @class ends with a blank character
I have a blank as last character in the @class, but Xppath helper doesn't show that, my last part in xpath is /div[@class='dhx_scale_holder '], but it shows: /html/body/div[@id='page-wrapper']/div[@id='page-content-wrapper']/div[@class='container-fluid']/div[@class='row']/div[@id='ts-content']/form[@id='aspnetForm']/div[@id='wrapper']/div[@id='calendar_wrapper']/div[@id='schedule_wrapper']/div[@id='scheduler_fixed_width_container']/div[@id='scheduler_here']/div[@id='original_scheduler_data_table']/div[@class='dhx_scale_holder']
- (2019-04-03, v:2.0.2) Morgan Lawrence: Helper doesn't open when clicked
Helper doesn't open when clicked
- (2019-03-20, v:2.0.2) sailesh rao: No response when i click the Xpath helper
No response when i click the Xpath helper
- (2019-03-16, v:2.0.2) Gabriel Neuvirt: Does't work on chrome ubuntu
Versión 72.0.3626.121 for linux ubuntu don't open when i press crtl shift x or click button
- (2019-03-05, v:2.0.2) Can't Open Xpth
I am clicking on the icon, but it is not getting open.
- (2018-10-26, v:2.0.2) aaroncelt: XPath Helper Works Intermittently (Chrome ver69)
It's a Great tool when it works, However on many pages XPath helper doesn't open despite refreshing the page. Sometimes when you open a new tab it works but not every time. This is very frustrating. Please fix these issues I mentioned because its potentially a great tool heres just one example page I can show that it works intermittently on http://the-internet.herokuapp.com/nested_frames Thanks
- (2018-10-14, v:2.0.2) lalit pawar: about x path helper extension
this extension sometimes works finely,but sometimes it stops working suddenly..i don't understand why this is happening.please give me suggestion to fix this issue