Create XPath queries select similar elements and visualize the results.
XPath Helper Plus creates xpaths that are short and less likely to break if the website changes. If parent Xpath field contains an Xpath then all the subsequent Xpaths are generated relative to that parent Xpath. IMPORTANT: After installing this extension, you must reload any existing tabs or restart Chrome for the extension to work. Instructions: 1. Open a new tab and navigate to any webpage. 2. Hit Ctrl-Shift-X (or Command-Shift-X on OS X), or click the XPath Helper button in the toolbar, to open the XPath Helper console. 3. Hold down Shift as you mouse over elements on the page. The query box will continuously update to show the XPath query for the element below the mouse pointer, and the results box will show the results for the current query. 4. If desired, edit the XPath query directly in the console. The results box will immediately reflect your changes. 5. Repeat step (2) to close the console. If the console gets in your way, hold down Shift and then move your mouse over it; it will move to the opposite side of the page. One word of caution: When rendering HTML tables, Chrome inserts artificial <tbody> tags into the DOM, which will consequently show up in queries extracted by this extension. Full Credits to Adam Sadovsky (https://github.com/google/xpaf) for creating a great tool.
- (2019-04-19) Eyüp Akman: "Select Similar" and "Minimal XPath" features are great. Thank you so much.
- (2019-02-21) doesn't work.. loaded an xml file locally, clicked the button.. nothing pops up. Tried command-shift-x nothing..
- (2019-01-29) Graylem: does not work on XML
- (2018-10-03) Kunal Khatri: If you want to manually check the xpath then it will work but if you want to find the xpath by selecting an element then it won't be of much help. Also the entered path value results does not change upon page content change. I think they should add re-search button.
- (2018-09-30) Mahdi M: Any chance to have it worked on locally opened pages as well?
- (2018-07-22) Ставис Вега: Не работает, сайт поддержки уже не существует. Просто трата вашего времени.
- (2018-05-22) dominic tobias: It doesn't work
- (2018-03-21) Not working. Followed instructions to the letter.
- (2017-12-08) Oleg Popov: does not work
- (2017-09-27) Darren T: Clicking the icon does nothing :(
- (2017-09-26) Michel Paschini: Excelente! Eu precisava buscar o xPath na tela a partir de um caminho que já possuía e deu certo
- (2017-09-24) Cristian Matteo: It's what i was looking for!! in future updates try to make the UI smaller please.
- (2017-09-14) Дмитрий Дадаян: It does not work
- (2017-08-31) Cory Gacey: Doesn't even work! Followed instructions and restarted my browser. Not even clicking on the extension will bring it up!
- (2017-07-09) Younes Rahimi: Not user friendly and does not work.
- (2017-07-07) Mina M: Any chance to have "switch to iframe" or something like that? Sometimes it can't grab xPath for elements inside an iFrame because it's not switched to, and this makes selection elements inside iframes impossible.
- (2017-06-21) Rohith Chevvakula: Not at all working in chrome 58
- (2017-05-26) Viktor Yakushenko: Awesome!
- (2017-01-24) Botino: Created a profile JUST to rate and comment on this. There those who make similar apps and sell them. I know one that is around $50 for helping with xPath. This one is free, awesome and helped me much creating apps. Great job guys, keep it up please.
- (2017-01-05) Jiří Špác: doesn't work at all on Chrome Version 55.0.2883.87 (64-bit)
- (2016-12-20) Volkan Şen: Awesome. Really speeds me up when writing web scrapers.
- (2016-09-16) Antonio Falcon: Works great! Love the minimal xpath option!
- (2016-08-14) Andrius Žilėnas: Idea maybe good, but 2 PROBLEMS: 1) crappy (or too much sophisticated) UI - invisible grey letters on black background. Have no time to play "find me in the bushes" game. 2) no support at all - link to the miner.herokuapp.com/ dead (Server Error (500)) - Uninstalled
- (2016-04-22) Marco Antonio Silva: does not work