Search MDN within Chrome omnibox itself
Search MDN Web Docs from Chrome's address-bar directly. Start searching by typing "mdn" followed by a space, and your keywords into Chrome address-bar. This extension is open source and is available at https://github.com/ChaitanyaPramod/mdn-search Note: This project is not endorsed by MDN Web Docs, all logos used are MDN copyright.
- (2020-03-06) João: Amazing. Feels like something that should already exists for every website as a browser standard feature
- (2019-06-10) Gaurang Tandon: Works as described! Completely eliminates the need to use Google as an intermediary to getting to MDN.
- (2017-08-06) Wincent Xian: It would be better if there is an option to set default language!
- (2016-12-10) Заира Ахмедханова: Thanks)
- (2016-03-11) Justin Collum: This doesn't seem to work at all. There's supposed to be a "Search MDN for" in the omnibox, I guess. I've never seen it, even after restarting Chrome.
- (2014-01-14) Chih-Hsuan Fan: Helps a lot! Thank you!
- (2013-10-02) Christian: exactly what i was looking for, thanks!
- (2013-09-24) Maxim Valenko: great!
- (2016-01-03, v:0.2.0) Chaitanya Pramod: Source code
The complete source has been open sourced at https://github.com/chaitanyapramod/mdn-search Learn on!