Adds ability to change song speed with an input next to the volume slider.
IMPORTANT: Refresh if it doesn't show up! The extension is open source so feel free to look at the heavily commented code on github here https://github.com/intOrfloat/spotitySpeedExtension Version 1.6: -Fix issue where speed input would sometimes not appear(race condition with loading dom) -Fixed issue where free version of spotify would load too quickly and cause the extension to load after spotify's scripts :'D btw ublock origin extension removes spotify ads Version 1.5: -Added redundancy to ensure the extension loads -Spotify started randomly using <audio> and <video> interchangeably like absolute madmen so it checks for both now -added comments to the code ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ you can click 🏠Website on the side to see the Github Version 1.4: -Change speed from 7% to 1600% speed -patch for spotify update that changed to a hidden <audio> element instead of <video> rude spotify >:( Mainly made this to share with friends but here you go. This was incredibly difficult to come up with a solution for. Many dead ends... Features: -can make songs nightcore or super slow -Saves the speed -Haven't even tested it with the ad version of spotify #noqualitycontrol -icons made in ms paint -coded by an imbecile BONUS POINTS: comment what songs you like at what speed
- (2020-04-15) Nick Suchecki: Was working before but seems to not be working anymore.
- (2020-04-03) dubstep the gamer: It's good for your daily mix and stuff
- (2020-04-02) Lynn Hayes: Updated my review - it didn't work for me last year, but now it's great!!
- (2020-03-20) Shibe McWoofers: This is so great! Allows you to change the playback tempo. May I ask, is there any chance of making it possible in a future update to do straightforward playback speed change without the pitch correction? I want to get that real vaporwave/nightcore feel! (If there's a way to do that already, please do let me know)
- (2020-02-20) Steve K: Perfect! Works great, tho took me a short while to find the speed control in the bottom right - maybe I should read instructions more : )
- (2020-02-06) Mike Demko: speeding up playback speed of podcasts !... can't believe spotify doesn't have this natively. that's just goofy.
- (2020-01-15) Filip Log: Amazing way to learn new songs on the guitar and speed up the slow ones for easy-going listening and workouts. Very happy with it! I have one "concern" however; does anyone know how this influences royalty payouts to artists if, say, one speeds up a song to last less than 30 seconds in total?
- (2020-01-14) Cédric: Perfect ! A must-have !
- (2019-12-06) Lauren H-M: So thankful I can speed up my podcasts!!! I actually can't stand them on normal speed anymore. This is a lifesaver.
- (2019-11-11) Wiifanbro: I Can't Decide (Scissor Sisters) - At 105% sounds really great. For whatever reason, most people who make Tik Toks use this sound at that speed.
- (2019-10-23) Darren Wolf: Works as advertised. Would love an IOS version.
- (2019-10-06) Joshua Krusiewicz: Ok..I'm sure this works....but I don't have the premium version of spotify...so yeah... The whole reason I want to get this is because it's Spooktober and Spooky Scar Skeletons originally is really slow and not at all like the meme version..I can't download the spead up version b/c copywrite (Youtube's a jerk) so I looked this thing up.... Ok Update: Now it works/ Don't know what they did, but now it works...that's dedication, actually changing your thing to help people, 10/10 recommend. Love it. Thanks so much 👍👌
- (2019-10-04) Dean Attali: Great extension, does exactly what we all want - let us play podasts (or anything on spotify) a little bit faster! And the code is well documented so if you're a developer you can understand exactly how it works :) Thank you!
- (2019-09-23) Sue Botsford: This works perfectly on my mac! Thank you so much!!! If you could create an app so this would work on iOs I would be in heaven. We teach dance and this is a life saver when we are teaching new dances. Sadly we usually only have access to phone or iPad when we teach so we are stuck with iTunes for now...
- (2019-09-18) Andrew Denler: So helpful when trying to learn new music!
- (2019-09-17) Dan Alexandru: Very nice add-on.
- (2019-09-02) Terri Debbi: Great. Works well. :)
- (2019-08-08) Emely Jensen: Thank you so much :) It works perfectly and it's super useful for my work! Thank you thank you!
- (2019-06-28) Mickaela Baker: THANK YOUUU. It works perfectly.
- (2019-06-07) Hernán Hernández: Excellent!
- (2019-05-02) harshit vaish: Tessa Violet - I like (the idea of) you at 110% speed
- (2019-02-26) Michał Mela: EXCELLENT EXTENSION. P.S.: if it doesn't work, make sure you don't have the desktop app working in background as it takes over the playback.
- (2020-06-06, v:1.6) OwO_Penguin MC: Pitch being raised
So recently I set my speed to 105, and its higher pitched than at normal or 200. I wonder why this is even happening cause it doesn't make sense
- (2020-06-04, v:1.6) Meme: Speed+Pitch modification!
I am not sure if this is already implemented in your plug-in, but when I am not using this to play along with I wish there was a way to play with pitch or level it with the speed you set it to. Please respond haha ty!
- (2020-05-28, v:1.6) Xya Marie: Does it count as more Spotify plays?
Does any artist who check their spotify stats, know if speeding it up (around 400%) will count as more plays?
- (2020-05-16, v:1.6) ibrahim abd rahman: Extension not working for me
I wanted to speed up a song and play it on repeat but after installing the extension and increasing the value or pressing the 'up' button, it doesn't do anything. I'm using Chrome on Windows 10. And I have a Spotify Premium Family plan.
- (2020-05-12, v:1.6) Dragen: Como funciona
al descargarla se pone en 100 como se si subo su velocidad que es lo que yo busco?
- (2020-04-27, v:1.6) Mayank Jain: No Longer Working
Hey, for a couple weeks the extension has stopped working (I can edit the tempo but it has no effect). I love using it so I'd love if you were able to fix it. Based on the support comments, other users are experiencing the issue as well
- (2020-04-25, v:1.6) Selim İpçi: stoped working
Used to work - not anymore. Re-installed the extension still not working.
- (2020-04-24, v:1.6) Judy Sather: Installed but can't find it in Spotify
What am I doing wrong? I've refreshed, restarted, and bounced back and forth, on and off. Still can't see any changes in spotify. Help!!
- (2020-04-23, v:1.6) Christopher M: doesn't work with chrome anymore - what happened?
Used to work - not anymore. Re-installed the extension to no avail.
- (2020-04-19, v:1.6) Mayank Jain: Not working Anymore
The extension no longer works, I think this is because Spotify made some updates to their web player.
- (2019-11-03, v:1.6) Abby Blecic: Pitch
Is there anyway to get the pitch to drop when you slow down the speed?
- (2019-10-21, v:1.6) Naethan Carter: Does this extension allow you control the speed of ads aswell?
Or does it only work for songs/podcasts?
- (2019-10-15, v:1.6) Sham Dass: Code In Swift
Hello IntOrFloat, I am using your SpotifySpeedExtesnion. This is really amazing. if you don't mind Could you advice me how to handling this code in swift language. Because i m also create a demo which change Spotify Song Speed but i don't know how?. So please advice me how to handle this code in swift language. Thank you.
- (2019-10-11, v:1.6) Oscar Davis: Source Code
Love this extension - is there any chance you have a github/code available availble of this as looking to make something related myself. Cheers
- (2019-10-01, v:1.5) Joshua Krusiewicz: Doesn't work with free version of spotify
Hey! So I really like this and want to use it, but it won't work with the free version of Spotify...I don't know if you're already working on a version of this that will make that happen but if not I would very much appreciate it! Keep up the great work, - hopefully-happy-user
- (2019-09-22, v:1.5) Tim Müller: No screen input next to the volume slider
Hello, it worked well for so long but now there is hardly ever a speed input next to the volume slider. I tried updating Chrome, made sure Spotify is only opened on Chrome, deleted Cache and Cookies, readding the extension to Chrome and refreshing the page 100 times. Sometimes it works after refreshing the page but not guaranteed. What else can i do?
- (2019-08-27, v:1.5) Taylor Duwyn: Not working in Spotify
Hi! I just downloaded the extension, updated both my chrome and spotify, but it's still not working. Anything else I can try?
- (2019-06-20, v:1.4) Russell Loc Tran: Update the GitHub
Hey! This is super awesome, useful, and so many people (including myself) need this! I am a dancer and know so many dancers who need this. I'm also trying to learn how to code and understand what tricks you used to make this work, as I can imagine the workaround must have been very complex given that Spotify doesn't have Playback speed controls in its API. Is there any chance you can update the GitHub so I may learn from your work? Thank you
- (2019-05-22, v:1.4) Simon Jackson: Extension not working
Hiya, I downloaded your extension today. The speed change counter shows up on the screen but changing it makes no difference. Has there been an upgrade to mac Chrome which means it doesn't work any more? Thank you! Simon
- (2019-04-19, v:1.4) Nanis Meelasla: No screen input
Hello, I have used this app for a few months and it worked perfectly. However, today I go to use it and now the speed up/slow down function is gone. How do I fix this?