Copy and search multiple concurrent text selections.
Make multiple noncontiguous text selections at a time in webpages. Text can be copied to clipboard through ctrl+c or the right-click copy option. You can also search your text on Google, YouTube, and Wikipedia through the right click selection menu. Usage Make additional text selections while holding down ctrl. Clear all selections by clicking without holding ctrl. Undo the most recent selection with ctrl+z. On Macs, use cmd instead of ctrl. Lock selections with ctrl+shift+L. When selections are locked, they will not disappear when left-clicking. This prevents accidentally clicking out and clearing your selections. While locked, ctrl/cmd is not needed to make selections. Leave locked mode and clear all highlighted text by pressing ctrl+shift+L again. Right click any selection for search options. Select MultiSearch to open a search tab for each selection. Select CombinedSearch to open a single search tab for each selection separated by a space. Select the extension icon in the Chrome toolbar (top-right of the browser) to toggle copy options. If 'Copy With Newline' is selected, each selection will be separated by a newline when copying. If 'Copy With Spaces' is selected, each selection will be separated by spaces when copying. If 'Copy With Bullets' is selected, each selection will be copied as a bullet point. Notes - The extension is automatically disabled by Chrome in the store description. Try it out on other sites. - Refresh any current tabs when first installing to activate the extension on those pages. This is not necessary for new tabs. - When selecting separate words throughout a web page, you can double-click while holding ctrl instead of dragging to select. - When making overlapping selections, ctrl+z will remove the combined selection. - Selections are sent to the clipboard and searched in the order they are selected. - Copied selections will be in plain text. - A single selection containing text on separate lines will be treated as multiple selections when MultiSearching. This keeps you from having to individually select multiple lines that are grouped together. Updates - 4/15/19: Swapped ctrl with cmd for Mac users - 5/1/19: Added selection lock with shift+L, see usage for details - 5/11/19: Replaced shift-L with ctrl+shift+L to prevent accidental activation - 5/18/19: Added search options for YouTube and Wikipedia - 6/22/19: Made selections crossing multiple bullets, lines, and hyperlinks possible. Fixed copy options reverting on new pages. - 7/12/19: Fixed bug where undoing with an active selection would expand the selection instead of removing - 9/8/19: Users no longer need to hold down ctrl for the first selection. Only additional selections need to be made with ctrl. Fixed bug where search options wouldn't appear the first time in the context menu. Fixed bug when clearing a single selection. - 9/28/19: Fixed bug where keyboard shortcuts for copying on Google Sheets would fail. Fixed bug when clearing selections in locked mode. - 10/2/19: Selections are now draggable Issues - Selections made on dynamic content sometimes have problems while copying - Selections crossing multiple elements can rarely include collapsed text. - Some types of selections cannot be copied or searched. Undo such a selection or refresh to continue. - Selections are rarely not cleared after clicking. Re-select the text and clear, or refresh the page if this happens. Privacy This extension does not collect any information. All data used in this extension is stored locally and temporarily, on the user's computer. The extension's code can be viewed in the linked GitHub repository.
- (2020-07-23) S P: Great, works! Love the paste with bullet point option!! I'm using the latest version of chrome and not having any issues.
- (2020-04-06) Kavin Duraiarasu: good
- (2020-02-27) John DC: Doesn't work on Chrome.
- (2020-02-23) Fan Luo: Does not work for Mac, because ctrl-click is right click, and can not make multi-selection.
- (2019-12-28) Fritjof Larsson: Awesome.
- (2019-12-15) Parul Pawar: Life saver, using for Evernote clipper selection option.
- (2019-11-20) Ethan M: Perfect!
- (2019-11-18) Nathaniel: Excellent tool for productivity!
- (2019-11-05) TheWaffleLord: Works flawlessly. Incredible add-on :D
- (2019-09-30) Jeshua: You did a very great job! I'm waiting for the update to be able to work on editable text areas, like in Gmail, Google Docs, etc.
- (2019-09-05) Leslie Lemon: Does not work on Chromium Version 76.0.3809.132 (Official Build) snap (64-bit) any website and after restarting browser and shift refreshing pages.
- (2019-08-01) alex nixon: Very useful. Copy with multiline is a good idea. It pastes in multiple carets in vscode and phpstorm.
- (2019-05-25) TehMadDragon: This plugin is a timesaver. Very useful!
- (2019-05-25) Gökhan Yıldız: it is working in other websites but not in chrome store as writes. also it is not working in Drive. i needed to copy multiple text in drive.
- (2020-06-08, v:12) Jonathan Woodward: Multi Line Text Select
Is this extension still maintained/developed? I have a couple of feature requests. Also requested on GitHub. Ability to toggle multi-copy on/off, in extension menu or context menu or both, to not interfere with highlighting. Can the select/copy/lock/undo/clear options from the keyboard shortcuts also be added to the context menu? Can the search options in the context menu be toggled on and off from an options dialog? Thanks in advance!
- (2020-06-02, v:12) Prabu Rajasekaran: How to copy multiline selection in a Mac?
Hi, I've selected multiple blocks of text in a web page. Can't figure how to copy them!
- (2020-05-08, v:12) GuniSW: Can`t copy
Selecting multiple text but cannot copy
- (2020-02-11, v:12) Grant Fuellenbach: CTRL not working
Hey there, unfortunately I am running into an error where CTRL won't copy multiple lines. Here is a video illustrating the issue in more depth: https://www.loom.com/share/858b3aec5aca4d128b9c4b3796e05515
- (2019-09-28, v:10) Eptiskus dulce: Drag-and-drop text issue
When I select text (or one word or symbol) and try drag-and-drop it (in search bar, or just move inside text), i find out it not work when extension enabled. Please fix.
- (2019-09-26, v:10) Avi Marcus: breaks google sheets
Upon the last update to chrome, I can no longer use keyboard shortcuts for copy/paste in google sheets. https://support.google.com/docs/thread/9787586?hl=en suggested disabling extensions until it worked -- and it's this extension, multiline text selection. Upon disabling and reloading, it works. Upon re-enabling and reloading, it no longer works again.
- (2019-08-01, v:9) alex nixon: multiple select issue
First selection will disapear, because i didn't select it with ctrl.
- (2019-05-12, v:5) Eptiskus dulce: "Lock selections with shift-L."
it would be great if you made the Left Shift responsible for this function..... (It took me an hour to understand that shift-L is shift+L, not Left Shift. lol. (I turned off the other extensions thinking that I have a conflict....))
- (2019-05-12, v:5) Eptiskus dulce: "You can also google search the text"
Please add more different search engines (especially YouTube search).
- (2019-05-12, v:5) Manuel de la Fuente: Support for Google Forms
It doesn't work on Google Forms, which is unfortunate since I wanted it precisely for usage on it (I want to select only the answered questions of my form and print those).
- (2019-04-11, v:3) Teddy M.: Issue with MacOS
Hi, Fantastic idea :) but its sounds not working with a mac :( CMD or CTRL doesnt do anything ... hope it can be fixed. Best, Ted