Applitools plugin for Selenium IDE
Applitools for Selenium IDE is a lightweight plugin that works with the Selenium IDE Chrome Extension. Why should you use it? Have you ever released a version of your website or app with a visual bug? Messed up CSS so that things are out of whack? Of course. We all have. (It’s ok!) So how can this help? Applitools for Selenium IDE, or SIDE Eyes for short, lets you incorporate visual UI testing into your Selenium IDE automated test scripts. (If you’re not familiar with Selenium IDE, head over to https://www.seleniumhq.org/selenium-ide/) How does it work? SIDE Eyes lets you insert visual checkpoints into your Selenium IDE script. The first time you run one of these checkpoints, it grabs a baseline screenshot of whatever web page Selenium IDE is on. Every subsequent time you run one of those checkpoints, SIDE Eyes grabs a new screenshot, then sends it off to Applitools’ find any visual differences. On the Applitools website, you can see all your screenshots and all their visual differences. Even better, we render your web page on a bunch of different browser viewport sizes, on both Chrome and Firefox, using our Visual Grid (https://applitools.com/visualgrid). This lets you find bugs in responsive web pages more easily. For each visual bug we find, we show you the handful of CSS or DOM lines that most likely caused the bug, using our Root Cause Analysis feature (https://applitools.com/rca). This can save you HOURS of debugging time. Is this just pixel comparison? Not at all. We use a Visual AI engine to find only differences that the human eye will detect. That means no more annoying off-by-a-pixel false alarms to waste your time. Want to learn more? Check out our tutorial https://applitools.com/tutorials/selenium-ide.html
- (2020-07-17) Liviu Lupei: Overpriced and flaky. It would be easier just to use the free imagemagick library or some Python library instead.
- (2019-11-01) Simon Lennon: Information overload, I don't want to watch multiple videos and read a huge amount of text just to see what this extension actually does. If a user can't get started with an extension within a few minutes it needs refinement and clearer breakdown or no one will use it.
- (2019-03-04) Moshe Milman: Amazing how easy it is to record a test and immediately get the results from 10 different environments
- (2019-03-01) Arun V: This is great!
- (2019-02-28) Mendy Berrebi: This made my life so much easier!
- (2019-02-27) Stas Michalski: Amazing.