An extension for analyzing, interrogating, and troubleshooting ArcGIS REST Services.
This extension works with ArcGIS Server REST pages to collect and present additional data related to the services you are seeing. You can search for relevant data, and find the corresponding map service. It also reviews data from links to services and What is ArcGIS Server? It is a product of ESRI that helps allows governments, businesses, and other organizations to publish maps and geospatial web services on the internet. These maps and services can be accessed by websites, mobile, and desktop applications, where users can view, query, and interact with the maps. When publishing a map or service to ArcGIS Server, the server provides data about the service through HTML, JSON, and other data formats. ArcGIS Server also provides forms for developers to test specific REST Service requests. This extension gives the user more information on the HTML pages about the services, and modifies the forms to make them easier to use. While ArcGIS Server provides metadata about the map services through HTML, you often have to visit each link and review lots of data before you find the information you're looking for. This extension collects the data behind relevant links, and presents it in a readable format. Tool features: * Display map service metadata in a readable format * Search map services and related sub-pages for search text * "Select by Attributes" style query building tools for map layer Query pages * Layer and Field helper for map service Find pages. * Feature count and feature count by domain item * URL Shortener for query search services * Auto-form fill on print tasks Planned future enhancements will include: * Tiled map service testing * Viewing web maps directly on the page * Saving previously submitted REST requests in LocalStorage * And many more...
- (2019-10-06) Philipp Conner: I work with this extension daily. Super useful. The query builder, color coded WKIDs, and "at a glance" record counts all increase quality of life for anyone working with GIS REST services. Thank you!
- (2018-11-01) stratos tso: Amazing tool when working with ArcGIS Server and REST services!
- (2018-06-07) Sreehari Kottoor Madam: Great tool!
- (2018-03-16) Kitty Hurley: Such a useful tool in server and web development! Already recommended to all my colleagues working with ArcGIS Server and REST services. Thanks for making such a great tool!!
- (2018-03-04) Gerald Lee: beautiful
- (2017-11-08) Joris Herrijgers: Sensational tool, great work
- (2017-07-07) Gavin Rehkemper: Loving this extension - thanks for making it!
- (2016-09-27) Ryan Davison: Great tool! Makes navigating an ArcGIS REST services directory much easier.
- (2018-05-30, v:1.2.6) Alan Rex: AGOL
Just a suggestion you might consider adding support for ArcGIS Online services.
- (2017-07-07, v:1.1.0) Gavin Rehkemper: "/query" page defaults
I like the Query Helper, but would love if when I arrived to the page it would prefill "1=1" into the "where clause" by default.
- (2016-09-09, v:1.0.0) Donny V: Query Helper not working with 10.21
I guess in 10.3 or 10.4 they changed the Find tool to Query. So the Query Helper doesn't come up in 10.21 because its called Find. .../arcgis/rest/services/WarrenTPV/TaxParcelQuery/MapServer/find
- (2016-09-09, v:1.0.0) Donny V: Auto-collect settings not working
I turned them all off but it still gets the metadata for all the services in the folder.