Simple converter for Aspen power users, and anyone else doing SQL 'IN' queries.
This utility has three features: 1) Prepares a list of values to be used with a SQL "IN" query. 2) Converts a date to a timestamp (Unix time or epoch...in milliseconds) 3) Converts a timestamp (in milliseconds) to a date For SQL 'IN' Queries: ===================== This utility can be used in any situation where you need to convert a series of values to being comma delimited with single quotes around each value. INSTRUCTIONS: Step 1: Take a list of values (for example, copied from a spreadsheet or SQL Query editor) and paste it into the textarea of this extension. Step 2: Click the "Convert" button. That's it! Your string will be automatically converted and copied to your clipboard! For Date to Timestamp Conversions: ================================== Enter a date in the format of your choosing (5/1/2016, or May 1, 2016) and click the "Convert" button. You will get back the timestamp (Unix time or epoch) in milliseconds, automatically copied to your clipboard. Similarly, if you enter a timestamp in milliseconds, it will give you the date.
- (2018-11-13) Andy Moore: VERY useful extension for sql queries. Does what it promises, does it well, and saves a ton of time!
- (2017-10-18) Andrew Bullock: What did we do before this was out!?!? Works perfectly and has sped up many of my procedures.
- (2016-04-12) Mark Glass: Most useful chrome extension I have. I use this everyday.
- (2016-03-28) Tim Reed: Simple, fast and easy way to parse values into SQL-ready strings. No muss, no fuss.
- (2015-08-28) Bryce Avery: Useful for other tools then just Aspen Student Information System. Will work whenever a comma delimited list is need for example in SQL when using in statements in where clause.
- (2020-02-12, v:1.9) Andy Moore: Kudos
No real suggestion other than to keep this utility alive. I use this at least once a week! If there were a way to donate toward this project, I would!
- (2016-06-08, v:1.5) Bryce Avery: List Issue
This list: Boston Parochial Mass. Parochial, Boston Resident Mass. Public, Boston Resident Mass. Private (Non-Parochial), Boston Resident Boston Private (Non-Parochial) Work GED Home(*KINDERGARTEN ONLY) Adult Diploma Program Discharged to Charter School Moved - No Forwarding Address Converted to: 'Boston','Parochial','Mass.','Parochial,','Boston','Resident','Mass.','Public,','Boston','Resident','Mass.','Private','(Non-Parochial),','Boston','Resident','Boston','Private','(Non-Parochial)','Work','GED','Home(*KINDERGARTEN','ONLY)','Adult','Diploma','Program','Discharged','to','Charter','School','Moved','-','No','Forwarding','Address' It would be nice if it was possible to us line breaks for parsing only instead of line breaks and blank space.